NEWS

Pendragon

• 18 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #15 on: <03-22-11/1608:45> »
And Don Quixote ;)
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <03-22-11/1717:27> »
It really depends on whose version of the legends you use. Lancelot wasn't in the original tales. He is in Harlequin's Back though, so maybe.
Lancelot, like all great English heroes, was French. When first incorporated into the tales, he was a Don Juan character, taking Guinevere for lust rather than love.
I always saw Gawain as the Don Quixote. Sleeping with fairies; tilting at windmills. All the same bag.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II

Raithe

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <03-29-11/0934:12> »
For full disclosure, I am prejudice as I like the idea of the UK being ruled by benevolent, mythical monarchs.
As an American I can enjoy the exploits of the royals without having to pay taxes to feed them. USA, USA!

For the slightly random trivia.. As from someone here in deepest, darkest depths of southern England..  The Monarchy as such don't just get the money for nothing.  It's from awhile back, but the Royals basically cut a deal with the UK government here.. they "gave" huge chunks of real estate that they owned in person to the Government, in return, they get a continuing amount of money each year. 

Note - the amount of money is significantly less then what they'd get actually leasing the land or using it themselves.  And if I remember correctly, if the Government wants to stop paying the Monarchy, they can just give the land all back.

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <03-29-11/1038:24> »
Not to mention that the money the Royals bring in tourism far outweighs what they cost.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II