Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Cyberpunk Settings

<< < (6/6)

CanRay:

--- Quote from: Singularity on ---
--- Quote from: CanRay on ---
--- Quote from: Bishophawk on ---There is a kickstarter for an Alter Carbon ttrpg, by a company called Hunter Books I believe, looks very interesting.
--- End quote ---
Damnit.  I'm not allowed on Crowdsourcing sites any longer.   :'(
--- End quote ---
The crowdsourcing websites are not letting you on, or your significant other?  ???
--- End quote ---
My wallet.  I start kicking up to one, then I go crazy.  I had to stop.

Possessed:
There is also PbtA game called The Veil which has rather nice not-setting, that is a setting frame where there are a few facts which are set and the rest of the setting you create during session 1. It could support Shadowrun esque setting even with the fantasy heritages if one would so wish. Only facts that must be there for the system is that the setting is cyberpunk, has a virtual reality layer upon the world (the titular Veil) and that society has a strong reliance on obligations. The system can handle existence of magic if one wishes as well so it could be run that way as well.

As just another option for people to consider especially if one likes PbtA games. It’s second book brings to the table in some form, havent read that one yet, so it could propably do altered carbon as a setting as well.

penllawen:
Friend of mine has The Veil. I’ve only flicked through it, but it is a seriously gorgeous book, and an intriguing setting. It felt almost Dark City ish, with its faintly surreal lack of detail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version