NEWS

IC Finders Fee

• 239 Replies

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #225 on: <05-01-11/2201:17> »
Dizzy assenses McPherson and as she looks at him sees the false mask that he is putting up fade away. The mask is the same one you had seen before. Behind the mask you find he is a hermatic mage of about the same power you have. He is wearing two foci. One is a power focus of minor power and the other appears to be an enchanting focus. He also appears to be concerned about something almost on the verge of being upset. McPherson isn't duel natured, and doesn't have any active spells at this time.

You also see a watcher spirit that is about three blocks away. It appears to be keeping an eye on the area, and watching for someone.

( O.O.C. The changes and additions are in purple)
« Last Edit: <05-03-11/0555:24> by Walks Through Walls »
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #226 on: <05-03-11/2227:02> »
"What say you Mr Johnson?"  :)

(saying something to get us back on track and keep the game on the front page of play-by-post)

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #227 on: <05-05-11/2141:56> »
Mr. Johnson looks from one of you to the next. "What do I say about what? You are the ones who are threatening to quit the job you have already been partially paid for, and then making veiled threats. I think your mage is off tracking Mr. McPherson again so let me know when you have a location where he will be staying."

Dizzy follows the car and it quickly becomes apparent that he is heading towards Tacoma. Kage is able to match up the new gridlink account, and feels that he has a lock on the car as it heads to Tacoma. When the car comes to a stop it is in an upper class neighborhood.

Dizzzy sees that there is a ward around the building as McPherson goes inside. It is another duplex that appears to have been built late in the last century.

Walks Through Walls

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #228 on: <05-05-11/2334:19> »
@Team: I got the rabbit on my end, assuming it is him. Rat please ask Diz's friend if she can confirm target. As to Johnny, should we break the news that we know he's not a cop any more and therefore no, he's not "taking Vincent back to ATL for questioning". He's so getting a fail rating on RateYourJohnson.net.

Blue

• Newb
« Reply #229 on: <05-06-11/0153:10> »
@Team=> "Sure, I'll let Dizzy know. Lets just track this guy down, turn him over to Mr. Johnson and get our money. Who gives a rat's ass if he's a cop or not?"

Rat passes the location information on to Dizzy.
No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. However, several billion electrons were severely inconvenienced.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #230 on: <05-06-11/0544:01> »
"Yes.  I followed him to Tacoma.  He's not all as big as he pretends.  Seems he likes to inflate himself in public to scare off the little fish.  If it matters, I have found no sign of infection." 
« Last Edit: <05-07-11/0550:44> by Kontact »

Blue

• Newb
« Reply #231 on: <05-06-11/1225:14> »
@Team=> "Sounds like nothing about this guy is what it seems. Double and triple check and you still can't be sure what you're seeing is the real thing."
No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. However, several billion electrons were severely inconvenienced.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #232 on: <05-06-11/2357:56> »
"When I make a threat, it is not veiled, I speak plainly, unlike you.  That said, you are correct, Dizzy has indeed located our mark.  Once we conclude our renegotiation the rest of my team and I will proceed to that location and make sure he is there and keep him there this time."
Smiley removes a credstick from his pocket and after making some adjustments to it holds it out to the Johnson.

"This is half of my advance, as I said the other half buys my silence and non-interference from this point forward.  Otherwise, my team receives additional compensation.  I am not beyond compromise sir, but at this point, I will walk rather than be underpaid."

:) ;D 8)

Rolling negotiation, w/edge for exploding 6s.

12d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4

:o >:( :-[    ;)

edited for color and cuz I forgot my smiley-cons   :-*
« Last Edit: <05-07-11/0000:24> by Crossbow »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #233 on: <05-07-11/0803:40> »
"You don't seem to understand. We made an agreement, and you accepted money towards completion of said job. There will be no renegotiation. You do he job you have been paid for or I will contact your fixer and tell him that you are unwilling to do the job as agreed, are threatening to go to others with what you were hired to do, and that I will require him to refund his finder's fee."

He looks around the group then continues, "I will then contract someone reliable to do the job, and complete it my assignment if you decide to interfere in any way I will then make a followup call to your fixer and let him know how unethical you are in case it matters after your interference."

He pauses again and then finishes, "So where is my rabbit?"

Walks Through Walls

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #234 on: <05-07-11/1119:16> »
Smiley shrugs, drops the credstick to the ground and gets on his bike.  As he starts it up and pulls away, he tells the man "Welcome to Seattle."
 8)

@team: Kage get out of there but keep an eye on the mark and, for the Spirits sake, don't talk to to Johnson, we'll regroup at Rat's overwatch spot and figure out what's what.  Rat can you get Dizzy there so we can do this as a group?  I will finish this with you guys, but I guess I am doing it pro bono.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #235 on: <05-07-11/1527:14> »
[OOC:viscast is down, naturally.  gonna roll negotiation when it gets back up.]

"The money you paid for the stated task is adequate.  However, money only matters to the simple-minded.  I gave you an opportunity to speak truth to me about your expectations and you said nothing.  If you feel it is in your best interest to lie and withhold information to the detriment of reaching your stated goals, then I can only assume your stated goals are false.  I have found your man, in his home.  I could guide you there right now.  You have not earned it."

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #236 on: <05-07-11/1828:50> »
Transfering half the advance to his accounts, Kage then follows Smiley's lead. Dropping the credstick and departing.

@ Team: Well this could make getting work rough for a few. I'd rather not turn on this jackass tho, we'd never live that down. Shoot him in the face maybe, but selling him out would be terminal.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #237 on: <05-07-11/2146:28> »
@team- "Never really intended to dime him out, that was more of a negotiating tactic, unless he got froggy.  If MacPherson really is selling fake magic, he deserves what he gets, kinda curious about the folks involved here tho, maybe Mikey can shed some light, might even be a reward we can salvage from this mess.

By the way Kage?  Just so it is said, no reason for you to have followed me out on the limb, but for what it worth, very solid of you."

Smiley will call up Mikey and see if he has come across anything, and give him MacPherson, the girlfriend and the Johnson's names, just to see if anything shakes out.

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #238 on: <05-08-11/0202:49> »
@ Team: Ya gotta back your chummers play in this biz, debate is for before or after the intense stuff. Smiley, you might also want to beat Jon to calling the fixer. I'll tap Johnnys calls for now. If he has a boss in this and calls them maybe we can skip the middleman and still finish the job and get paid. Don't worry, he can't detect my tap. Also, unless I delete the camera records from that duplex, Vincent'll know who Jonny is within minuets if he knows a decent hacker. Should I give Johhny a freebee?

Dropping Spoof from his loaded programs and loading up sniffer, Kage then runs an analyze to detect the ex-cops comlink. (( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015030/ 4 hits)) Locating it he then then turns his attention to an ARO resembling an ancient transistor radio. carefully adjusting it's tuning nobe and telescoping antenna he finds homes in on any com traffic from their ex-johnson. (( Capture wireless signal roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015034/ 2 hits fail attempt 2 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015036/ 4 hits success.  Let me know if I need a decrypt roll as well.))   

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #239 on: <05-17-11/1855:32> »
Deciding to take some initiative Kage flips to his person in the duplex. I hope I got this before security did, he thinks giving the node a command to purge all video footage of the Johnson's presence in the building. He then purges records of his presence from the node and logs out.

@ Johnson: I took the liberty of deleting the surveillance footage of you in the duplex. Consider it a freebee to illustrate that we are not unreasonable.  We have his location, you can either talk to Smiley and tie this up or find a new team and risk losing him as they get up to speed.