NEWS

6E - Level of Access necessary to create PAN of PANs

• 22 Replies

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <11-19-19/1006:38> »
If your GM wants to allow it then yeah it's possible... but as I've said there no specific rules for it because there is no hacking at that point

Thanks, the game has been so counter-intuitive for me I'm afraid to assume how anything works.  Every time I do the rules or the FAQ or the forums seem to contradict my instincts.

I try not to write rules for everything possible, but instead leave many things open so people can play whatever style they choose. If they want/need specific they can either hand wave it, go narrative, or use the baseline rules and get make their own ruling
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

SDTroll

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <11-19-19/1010:20> »
If your GM wants to allow it then yeah it's possible... but as I've said there no specific rules for it because there is no hacking at that point

Thanks, the game has been so counter-intuitive for me I'm afraid to assume how anything works.  Every time I do the rules or the FAQ or the forums seem to contradict my instincts.

I try not to write rules for everything possible, but instead leave many things open so people can play whatever style they choose. If they want/need specific they can either hand wave it, go narrative, or use the baseline rules and get make their own ruling

Usually I love doing that, but, like I said, this game seems frequently to work opposite my usual handwave/rulings.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <11-19-19/1031:30> »
There's basically 1 primary rule for the Matrix to keep in mind: The Matrix is magic. All comparisons to real-life situations are thus null and void.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

SDTroll

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <11-19-19/1122:16> »
There's basically 1 primary rule for the Matrix to keep in mind: The Matrix is magic. All comparisons to real-life situations are thus null and void.

Apparently, so guess and pray your players don't end up in another campaign or in Missions, I guess.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-19-19/1500:00> »
I guess I'm just thinking back to my previous runs and one major way a running team got past security was to steal the access codes of a legitimate user so they had an easy in to the system.
Which edition would this be? ;-)

SDTroll

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <11-19-19/1620:14> »
I guess I'm just thinking back to my previous runs and one major way a running team got past security was to steal the access codes of a legitimate user so they had an easy in to the system.
Which edition would this be? ;-)

Third or 4th, I don't remember for sure, it was a while ago.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #21 on: <11-20-19/0035:47> »

Apparently, so guess and pray your players don't end up in another campaign or in Missions, I guess.
That seems like an extremely negative way of looking at it. I much prefer the 'you don't need a bachelor in Computer Science to play a Decker' point of view.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

SDTroll

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <11-20-19/0637:39> »

That seems like an extremely negative way of looking at it. I much prefer the 'you don't need a bachelor in Computer Science to play a Decker' point of view.

I apologize for coming across negative. It was intended as a joke, but obviously came across wrong. I’ve actually enjoyed most of the changes to the matrix section of the rules and suspect they would run well.