NEWS

How are you playing Shadowrun.

• 23 Replies

sds

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <08-30-19/1051:59> »
Previous many, many years the campaigns were SR3, before that SR1. Planning for the next one to be a home-brewed add-on to Savage Worlds Adventure Edition.

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <08-30-19/1055:46> »
Your own wording is unclear, you're ignoring the case where people prefer gathering a few more books first, the amount of votes for SR5 which was a worse editing disaster shows the initial backlash over editing is not a problem eventually, and you left out several editions. And you're drawing your conclusion after literally 14 hours. FJ's poll sounds better.
I believe I did cover all the editions and gave an option for "other" so if you play Anarchy you can choose it and post you play it like someone has already done.
The first section is for one is for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd because the editions are extremely old meaning meaning that most players who don't have them already will have a hard time getting them.
not to mention that 1st is to 2nd like 4th is to the anniversary edition.
All my options are editions of the books so how is that unclear?
I did not draw a conclusion I stated a fact that the current poll totals show 6th not doing well.
So how is that any different to FJ claims its doing well because it's selling on drivethrurpg, 3.5 is not good by the way.

P.S. i bought the corebooks for D&D 4th edition when they came out and so did most of the gamers I know, that did not make it a good game.
« Last Edit: <08-30-19/1105:31> by tenchi2a »

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #17 on: <08-30-19/1122:04> »
That it only allows one option in the poll is an issue. 

I'm playing 5th currently, in my home game and in some play-by-forum games.  Of course I'm not playing 6th yet; the hardback CRB isn't even out (for general sale) yet.

Will I play 6th?  Certainly.  I know that at least some of the Play-by-forum games will move over.  I probably won't change over my existing home game campaigns, but likely will add one running in 6th at some point.  When?  "eventually" which probably means something like towards the end of this year, when the CRB and some supporting adventures have come out and all of that sort of thing.  Will I also still be playing 5th for quite some time?  Certainly, experienced characters won't swap over easily, so for those games it makes more sense to stick with the system they are already in.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <08-30-19/1122:49> »
"How are you playing Shadowrun."

With friends around a conference table that takes up my entire living room.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <08-30-19/1211:04> »
That it only allows one option in the poll is an issue. 

I'm playing 5th currently, in my home game and in some play-by-forum games.  Of course I'm not playing 6th yet; the hardback CRB isn't even out (for general sale) yet.

Will I play 6th?  Certainly.  I know that at least some of the Play-by-forum games will move over.  I probably won't change over my existing home game campaigns, but likely will add one running in 6th at some point.  When?  "eventually" which probably means something like towards the end of this year, when the CRB and some supporting adventures have come out and all of that sort of thing.  Will I also still be playing 5th for quite some time?  Certainly, experienced characters won't swap over easily, so for those games it makes more sense to stick with the system they are already in.

you did read the poll title "or will play"
That is there for just that issues.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #20 on: <08-30-19/1340:25> »

Yes, I'm playing and will play 5th.
Yes I will play 6th.

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <08-30-19/1459:02> »

Yes, I'm playing and will play 5th.
Yes I will play 6th.

it's really quite simple if you plan on playing 6th and that is the game you prefer to play then you pick 6th, not sure why this is hard.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <08-30-19/1529:49> »
It's interesting that you're saying my poll had poor wording. My poll was asking peoples opinion about Sixth Edition only. In that, the answers ranged from Strong Optimist, Weak Optimist, Cautious, Weak Pessimist, Strong Pessimist, N/A. But in your view only YOUR answer was against the new edition so it was unfairly weighted against your opinion. See, if I were running this poll, it would have these choices:

• 1st Edition
  • 2nd Edition
  • 3rd Edition
  • 4th Edition
  • 5th Edition
  • 6th Edition
  • Crossfire
  • Anarchy
  • Other Game System

That way each is weighted the same as the others instead of "Hey do you play 5th, 6th, Some other edition, or Some other system?" Not to mention, you're asking everyone to pick only ONE system that they like. So which flavor ice cream do you think is awesome? And you can only pick Vanilla, Chocolate, or Other?

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <08-30-19/2045:57> »
It's interesting that you're saying my poll had poor wording. My poll was asking peoples opinion about Sixth Edition only. In that, the answers ranged from Strong Optimist, Weak Optimist, Cautious, Weak Pessimist, Strong Pessimist, N/A. But in your view only YOUR answer was against the new edition so it was unfairly weighted against your opinion. See, if I were running this poll, it would have these choices:

• 1st Edition
  • 2nd Edition
  • 3rd Edition
  • 4th Edition
  • 5th Edition
  • 6th Edition
  • Crossfire
  • Anarchy
  • Other Game System

That way each is weighted the same as the others instead of "Hey do you play 5th, 6th, Some other edition, or Some other system?" Not to mention, you're asking everyone to pick only ONE system that they like. So which flavor ice cream do you think is awesome? And you can only pick Vanilla, Chocolate, or Other?

1. This is an RPG topic of the forum why would I include Crossfire it already has its own topic, and the same goes for Anarchy, it not hard if you want to vote or those you just pick other and post it. 
2. The polling system doesn't allow for multiple selections and I was not going to put every combination know to man on it. If you like multiple system pick other and say that.
3. I already explained why I did not put 1st, 2nd, 3rd separately so not going to go into that again and as you can see it got no vote anyway so I don't see an issues.
If you don't like the poll then do what I'm doing with 6th, ignore it.

All I have to say is wow, I posted a similar poll on the battletech forum and it had close to 100 votes over night with little or no issues.
But here everyone has to complain about everything, I will be shutting it down so I don't have to deal with it anymore and you can go back to your 6th edition worship.