NEWS

Challenge Rating?

• 39 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <03-02-11/2200:24> »
Spirits make great back-up, ambushers...

Once, I threw a lawn at my group to throw them off their game.  It worked.

Another time, it was Jesus beating them with his crucifix.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #16 on: <03-03-11/0613:19> »
Spirits make great back-up, ambushers...
Also, concealed sentry guns (Narcoet, gas spray, SMG, LMG, Assault Cannon)...these can scale to your game, no problem.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <03-03-11/1151:49> »
Also, concealed sentry guns (Narcoet, gas spray, SMG, LMG, Assault Cannon)...these can scale to your game, no problem.

Yup, but it has to make some sense for them to be there - just like it has to make some sense why the 4 ganger kids trying to steal the runners newly bought trollsized back of chinese food has wired reflexes lvl 2 and assault rifles :P - Id rather let my runners win a fight than scale the opposition to a point where it makes no sense :)
-Frag you and the hog you rode in on.

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <03-03-11/1237:39> »
For gangers in an alley sure.  For a climactic battle?  I think the OP was referring to the larger scale battles, not stuff like getting mugged.  Sidenote, who is dumb enough to mug a troll for a bag of chinese food?

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <03-03-11/1245:33> »
Sidenote, who is dumb enough to mug a troll for a bag of chinese food?

The guy that nobody likes but who is desperate to fulfill his gang initiation so he can "be respected"?
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <03-03-11/1603:00> »

The guy that nobody likes but who is desperate to fulfill his gang initiation so he can "be respected"?

Excactly :)

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <03-03-11/1605:50> »
For gangers in an alley sure.  For a climactic battle?  I think the OP was referring to the larger scale battles, not stuff like getting mugged.

It still needs to make sense - I never just pile on enemies because I want a climatic battle, to me it still needs to make sense.

Two teams of highly trained cybered up elite units with heavy magic supports showing up to recover a 10k data-file doesn't for instance :)

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #22 on: <03-03-11/1957:17> »
Chinese ghouls?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <03-03-11/2014:38> »
A hungry Troll?

A gang of Orks?

Gang Initiation?

Shadowrunners on the down low and can't get to their hidden reserves because of monitoring?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #24 on: <03-03-11/2038:37> »
A hungry Troll?

A gang of Orks?

Gang Initiation?

Shadowrunners on the down low and can't get to their hidden reserves because of monitoring?
Once played a very low-power SR game (2nd ed, I think) where we literally started as no-good gangers.

We would definitely have tried to mug the troll for food.....
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <03-03-11/2109:41> »
I'd love to play a Ghettopunk campaign.

But, then again, I'd be happy to play rather than GM.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <03-04-11/0337:05> »
For gangers in an alley sure.  For a climactic battle?  I think the OP was referring to the larger scale battles, not stuff like getting mugged.

It still needs to make sense - I never just pile on enemies because I want a climatic battle, to me it still needs to make sense.

Two teams of highly trained cybered up elite units with heavy magic supports showing up to recover a 10k data-file doesn't for instance :)

Just because someone is paynig a runner team 10k to get a data file doesn't mean that's what it's worth to the company it was stolen from.  Or the perception of weakness in security could be enough to send the elite team after a break in.  There's plenty of reasons to heap on the bad guys for a final showdown, just have to pick your poison.

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <03-04-11/0337:31> »
A hungry Troll?

A gang of Orks?

Gang Initiation?

Once played a very low-power SR game (2nd ed, I think) where we literally started as no-good gangers.

We would definitely have tried to mug the troll for food.....

I really hope I am never this hungry  ;D

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <03-04-11/0646:47> »
The troll beat up the gangers pretty badly btw (as would be expected by a troll physical adept versus 4 lowlife gangers)

Once back to the hide-out where the other runners where waiting, a huge (2 hours long) role-playing argument started between the runners about whether or not he should just have handed over the bag to the poor gangers and bought a new one.

Was a good time as a GM, I just sat back and watched - I love when my players create their own content :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <03-04-11/1117:47> »
The troll beat up the gangers pretty badly btw (as would be expected by a troll physical adept versus 4 lowlife gangers)

Once back to the hide-out where the other runners where waiting, a huge (2 hours long) role-playing argument started between the runners about whether or not he should just have handed over the bag to the poor gangers and bought a new one.

Was a good time as a GM, I just sat back and watched - I love when my players create their own content :)
I want to be in your group.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11