NEWS

Gaining Negitive Qualitys in Play

• 31 Replies

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #30 on: <03-21-11/1448:09> »
I talked with the player in my game about his character getting the Prejudiced NQ. I pointed out to him that he's already playing his character as if he has it, and that I'm primarily using the quality's mechanics for those times where he wants to avoid acting on it. (I used the level where he only needs one hit on the required test, so it won't be hard.)

I also explained that, since I'm actually using this because he's roleplaying it well, that I was going to halve the usual Karma cost to remove it -- but getting over it is something he'd have to play out anyway. If he does work at changing his character's viewpoint, I'll allow him to 'downgrade' the NQ to the next lower level once he's put enough Karma into it to pay the difference. At that point, the required test would pretty much have "Don't glitch" as the threshold.

I'm also giving him a hefty Karma bonus for top-notch RPing. I wanted to make sure he understood that I'm not doing this to penalize him, but that clearing it off will be a roleplaying challenge -- if he even decides to try. Changing that sort of mentality is a pretty clear case of character-growth, and having a Karma cost (even if it's relatively low) makes sense -- that sort of thing draws on the person's experiences.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/

Morg

« Reply #31 on: <03-23-11/1632:54> »
How often has anyone handed out Matrix addiction to a Hacker that always runs in hot mode?