NEWS

Where would Saeder Krupp have an overt military presence?

• 34 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <03-22-11/0959:32> »
Where does a Multiton, Megacorporation-owning Dragon keep his personal army?

Whereever he fraggin' well pleases, that's where.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #16 on: <03-22-11/1920:07> »
Where does a Multiton, Megacorporation-owning Dragon keep his personal army?

Whereever he fraggin' well pleases, that's where.
Damn straight.

Just for fun, why not have a semi-public lab in Glow City (with armed guards keeping the Ghouls and Paracritters away).

Nobody wants to go there due to the Radiation scares, so it's pretty much where trouble, trigger-happy guards get transferred without sending them overseas...

'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #17 on: <03-22-11/2001:04> »
"Hey, Joey, um, why do they call this place 'The Microwave'?"  "Let's just say that we better hope the BIG boss never comes to town."  "Oh..."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <03-23-11/0041:21> »
One place I didn't see mentioned in this thread yet: Kenya, which is mostly tropical along the coasts (temperate and arid inland). S-K would be interested in helping protect the space port there, no?
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <03-23-11/0225:02> »
And...Sekondi in West Africa, "Sekondi calls itself an independent city ruled by the Ga, but in reality, the corps control the city. Most notable are Ares, S-K, and DeBeers-Omnitech..." (FC, pg 74).
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-23-11/1816:25> »
And...Sekondi in West Africa, "Sekondi calls itself an independent city ruled by the Ga, but in reality, the corps control the city. Most notable are Ares, S-K, and DeBeers-Omnitech..." (FC, pg 74).
Nice find. Sounds like a nice, remote, corp controlled country :)

Perfect for the OP request...

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Abstruse

« Reply #21 on: <03-24-11/0052:43> »
The answer is "yes".

Okay, more usefully...SK troops could be pretty much anywhere or at least nearby to anywhere.  There's no SK facilities in Seattle (not counting subsidies), but Lofwyr was on the Counsel of Princes of Tir Tairngire for a very long time.  The former Middle East (with the exception of the Libya/Israel wastelands) are a no-no because Aden fought tooth and claw to NOT let Lofwyr stick his golden snout there back in the 60s, but Lofwyr did get some footholds there.  Tir nA nOg is probably a "nay" as well, seeing as the two Tirs don't exactly get along and Lofwyr spent a good few decades in the ruling counsel of TT, but France and England are both very close by and Lofwyr's claws are deeply embedded in Europe.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <03-24-11/0057:00> »
Probably parts of Asia and Africa, along with some portions of India as well.  And, maybe not Seattle, but certainly other places in the UCAS and CAS.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-24-11/0153:06> »
S-K wasn't allowed to operate in Tir Tairngire while Lofwyr was a prince. Legally.

Now they can, and do.

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <03-24-11/0904:16> »
From some of the older sources I got the impression that the majority of all corporate military, globally, seems to be in Libya, as part of the Desert Wars. Makes sense, really - at least they have something to do there. It's even been said that people know the shit is about to hit the fan once the corps withdraw units from Libya.

Abstruse

« Reply #25 on: <03-26-11/0235:40> »
S-K wasn't allowed to operate in Tir Tairngire while Lofwyr was a prince. Legally.

Now they can, and do.
You forgot the word "technically" in there.  SK did have assets in TT.  Namely Lofwyr.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-27-11/0420:50> »
I know what I wrote.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-29-11/0032:28> »
I know what I wrote.
Ouch. Zing!

Phreak Commandment V:

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #28 on: <04-17-11/0826:31> »
It strikes me that the biggest limiter on AAA military might may be the inability to conscript.

Still; with many in SR being corporate citizens rather then national citizens, there is a smaller pool of conscripts available for national armies as well. And legally they could only pull from sinners, no?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #29 on: <04-17-11/0829:30> »
but France and England are both very close by and Lofwyr's claws are deeply embedded in Europe.
On that note, is it SK that runs the ESA launch facility in French Guiana in SR? Or have it been claimed by Amazonia?

Bah, should have checked 6WA rather then ask. Seems it is still its own area but surrounded by Amazonia.

No apparent writeup about its status either in the Amazonia section or in the France section tho...
« Last Edit: <04-17-11/0842:09> by hobgoblin »
Want to see my flash new jacket?