• Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #15 on: <06-28-19/2251:52> »
..even though it's an old B&W drawing, still one of my favourites

Forsaken daughter is watching you

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #16 on: <06-29-19/0052:29> »
Think early editions did help capture a wide range of setting inspiration in its art.
My personal faves that did that in later works Mike Jackson & Raben AAS, was lucky enough to get his art in my mission.

Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <06-30-19/0108:56> »
Art was always one of the sticking points for me with Shadowrun.
While the core books character write-up have largely Pink Mohawk style art work.
Even starting from 1st most if not all the adventures/Supplements had a design/artwork/missions setup that was vary Black Trench-coat/ covert ops in presentation.
And this got more apparent as the editions rolled on with even the core books taking on that art style.
So I never truly ever looked at Shadowrun as Pink Mohawk

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #18 on: <06-30-19/0451:08> »
Who was the artist back in 1e who insisted on slipping the Queensryche logo into every piece?  I like his/her work :D

Probably Joel Biske, though a bunch of them did that.  I know Tim Bradstreet did it once or twice, and I think Jim Nelson did it a couple times too.  The FASA staff, especially the art team, were big fans of Queensryche, and their music was fairly inspirational to Shadowrun, since it in turn was inspired by and helped inspire cyberpunk in general.  I mean, just listen to the entirety of Operation Mindcrime. Or the songs Empire, Revolution Calling, or Another Rainy Night, or..  Yeah.  Lot of their music is perfect Shadowrun inspiration.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <06-30-19/0933:29> »
I've always been partial to Billy Idol's Cyberpunk myself. I can't help it, I love that album.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <06-30-19/2022:43> »
The FASA staff, especially the art team, were big fans of Queensryche, and their music was fairly inspirational to Shadowrun, since it in turn was inspired by and helped inspire cyberpunk in general.  I mean, just listen to the entirety of Operation Mindcrime. Or the songs Empire, Revolution Calling, or Another Rainy Night, or..  Yeah.  Lot of their music is perfect Shadowrun inspiration.

What a great nugget of SR lore...thank you for sharing! I still have a couple of these on my current playlist...never even noticed the links before.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <06-30-19/2144:42> »
Out of curiosity, does anyone know who did the art on that banner at Origins? I want to see if they have a Deviantart account so that I can check out their other work.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <06-30-19/2153:54> »
I think it's the cover of the Sixth World core rulebook, but I haven't seen who the artist is for it yet.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <06-30-19/2316:16> »
Not sure I know which one you mean but Echo has done a lot of the art:
https://www.echochernik.com/collections/shadowrun

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <07-01-19/1004:00> »
Pretty sure the artist who has done the cover for the box set and core rulebook is Benjamin Giletti. He’s got portfolios on both Deviant Art and ArtStation.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <07-01-19/1027:27> »
Pretty sure the artist who has done the cover for the box set and core rulebook is Benjamin Giletti. He’s got portfolios on both Deviant Art and ArtStation.

Thank you!  ;D

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <07-01-19/1510:37> »
This one: https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/wp-content/uploads/shadowrun-long-banner-origins-2019.jpg

Looks like Victor Moreno to me.

Nope, it was Benjamin Giletti; I found the art in one of the links AJCarrington posted, as well as some other Shadowrun art they have done.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #29 on: <07-02-19/0304:27> »
Think early editions did help capture a wide range of setting inspiration in its art.
My personal faves that did that in later works Mike Jackson & Raben AAS, was lucky enough to get his art in my mission.

...oh drek yes, particularly the top one.

Still one of my faves by Bradstreet:

« Last Edit: <07-02-19/0349:33> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you