Catalyst Game Labs > Catalyst's Shadowrun Products

No Future is now LIVE!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ixal:
I am more awake now but I still think that the part about music is rather confusing and probably has been the victim of some heavy editing.

First it talks about current (made up) music genres, then about current artists/groups and what the past stars are doing now. So far, so good. Then we are suddenly back to music genres with music of the fae and another artist. After that we have a single location before we are back to talking about artists, this time country artists specifically, with an special, extra long entry talking about gypsy festivals right in between them before its again about locations, this time world wide and more than one.

Personally I find the constant switching between genres, artists and locations very confusing. I also do not understand why Country needed an extra section, why the Brickhouse location needed to be listed separately from the other locations and finally why you need to have so many artists. While numerous, most entries about them are short and dont give any useful informations besides for name dropping. You could have easily cut half of them and use the pages for something else.

Ixal:

--- Quote from: Crimsondude on ---I still can't decide whether including real and totally fabricated alternate timeline media would have been a good idea, except for Herzog's The Conquest of Aztlán and Aztechnology remaking it. I should've kept that.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, some of them really stuck out like this Shadowrun/Battletech crossover thing.
But I chuckled that the Simpsons are still running.

Crimsondude:
The Shadowrun/Battletech stuff has been around since first edition and so it's obligatory at this point.

PiXeL01:
I’ve just finished the book and it felt a little long and irrelevant for the people it was supposed to address, namely runners and people of the 2080s. Instead it was aimed at us with lore we would relate to (declaring Tom Brady a Spike baby etc. Transformers ... thanks for making me feel old(er)).
Why would the section on trendsetting be needed? Why the endless listings instead of ways for runners to influence the corporate control. How much would a reporter earn, or a painter for that matter?
Also who can consume this media if everyone it’s aimed at works 16 to 18 hours swifts.
I liked the sports section as it left controlled.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
Different strokes for different folks.

Once upon a time there were some oddball sourcebooks that were primarily intended for abnormal campaign types, or at least shadowrunners of unusual background.  Shadowbeat was one such book, and because it covered the pop culture of the fictional setting I always thought of it as one of the most useful 'background' lore books even if noone is playing a trid pirate, a rocker, an urban brawler, or etc.

No Future is Shadowbeat for 5th edition.

For example, knowing Taco Temple's advertising slogan and being able to sprinkle it into improvised place descriptions is pure gold.  Personally, I love getting a "thirty year update" to 2080s pop culture to the precedent set in 2050s Shadowbeat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version