NEWS

Street Lethal

• 18 Replies

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-02-18/0824:52> »
What mount slots are standard on carbines? The M23A2 has a pre-installed Under mod (Also really need a clarification on whether those mods count as Integral and hence don't occupy slots), the Izom has an underbarrel grenade launcher that isn't specified to mount slot but it fairly obviously Under, but the Stalwart doesn't have anything to indicate one way or another.

Carbines have the same slots as automatics.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-30-18/2019:01> »
How are the DSP Grenade and Static Gun (p.55) supposed to work? I'm mystified.

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <07-30-18/2113:54> »
How are the DSP Grenade and Static Gun (p.55) supposed to work? I'm mystified.

It claims that they work similar to using Data Spike on devices.
Problem is the requirement to overcome the target's Object Resistance first.
I can see it smashing through cheap sensors and electronics. (small number of condition boxes and a resistance of 9)
The good stuff will be able to take a beating before bricking. (good number of condition boxes and a resistance of 15+)

If it could be farther resisted with firewall, both would be near useless.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #18 on: <07-30-18/2136:48> »
It claims that they work similar to using Data Spike on devices.
Problem is the requirement to overcome the target's Object Resistance first.
I can see it smashing through cheap sensors and electronics. (small number of condition boxes and a resistance of 9)
The good stuff will be able to take a beating before bricking. (good number of condition boxes and a resistance of 15+)

If it could be farther resisted with firewall, both would be near useless.

But the page reference (SR5 p.295) is for the Object Resistance Table in the Magic chapter, and Object Resistance is a dice pool, not a threshold. I suppose the DSP Grenade uses the Thrown Weapons skill and the DSP Static Gun uses, what, Gunnery? Heavy Weapons? Exotic Weapon? Opposed by a standard Reaction + Intuition defense test, or Intuition + Firewall like a Data Spike, or the Object Resistance dice pool? "Number of net hits is equal to the net hits over the initial DV." ... what does that mean? Do the net hits from the attack add to the listed DV (10 for the grenade, 15 for the gun), or something else? Is that supposed to be Matrix Damage? I can't puzzle it out.
« Last Edit: <07-30-18/2143:26> by Sphinx »

Register