NEWS

Emergence Questions

• 2 Replies

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« on: <02-04-11/1623:24> »
My players and I are about half way through Emergence. So far things have been going swimmingly, but on the horizon I've got a few things looming over me that I still can't find answers on. Namely the Realm Beyond.

The Adventure Seed Realm Beyond says that the runners will get a chance to interact with the Realm Beyond(a technomancer cult), their charismatic leader Vagabond and the mysterious AI known as The Voice.
Trouble is, with the exception of a small blurb on p.102, which proposes more questions than it answers, I can't find anything else about this "cult."
Good guys? Bad guys? AI led puppets like the Branded or wanna be go-gangers? Is it a reference to some Shadowrun material I haven't combed through thoroughly or am I expected to make up these characters out of whole cloth?
I don't mind making these cats my own, but if there is anything else on them, I'd like to know.

As a side note, the Welcome to the Machine adventure lists the runners going up against a go-gang called the Gutterpunks and I can't seem to find anything on them either. I assumed it was just a convenient name for a low level gang not worth mentioning, but if they've shown up in other material please let me know.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <02-04-11/1628:58> »
I believe both are meant to be "generic" groups that you can attribute whatever motivations you want to them. However, if any of the Crew have anything to add, I'm sure they'd be willing to drop their 0.02¥.

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-07-11/0109:51> »
I can see the Gutterpunks being generic bad guys, but the Realm Beyond seems to have more to it than published. We're given the names of not only it's leader, but the AI controlling it; as well as JackPointers commenting on it.
Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but it just seems out of place to allude to such a clandestine society and then have it disappear from continuity.

Any leads or comments, from either the Crew or anyone who has run that adventure seed would be appreciated.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II