NEWS

[OOC] Missions 2 - Best served cold

• 498 Replies

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #30 on: <02-05-11/1832:21> »
Maybe it is a job that do not require arms, or maybe it is someone else role to be armed, and all you do by trying to smuggle your weapons is to take unnecessary risk?
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <02-05-11/1845:26> »
Doesn't matter, he's a merc. I'm just playing the charater

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <02-05-11/2124:55> »
Wilco, here. I'm loading up the van. Concealing the mp5 in there, also making sure crash cart is secure and ready. "hope we don't need it, chummers"  leaving the flash bangs behind. Have storm cloud, 1 fly spy and Doberman loaded up. Wilcox pops the top on a beer. And muse that's should be it " ah dang it better check the oil slick reservior. Yeps that's it. Time to roll. I look over the maps to see the best way to avoid check points.
« Last Edit: <02-05-11/2134:23> by JDA »

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-06-11/0508:44> »
JDA, check your sheet, divide your gear clearly. mark what you have with yourself, and what do you keep in your safehouse. (if you have paid lifestyle). Tell me where this safehouse is (it's enough if you tell me in which sector) so I can see the fastest route, number of checkpoints etc. - You can use the map from the first mission for that.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <02-06-11/0832:09> »
We're still waiting for Bewilderbeast. I'd like to have everyone aneswer at least for the initial post.

also I gather, that with the exception of JDA and Chrona you all live in Pueblo.
JDA need to decide yet, and Chrona had one border cross last time.

if it would be so that you work as a team on the border, the roll would be made by Mata.
Since Mata has somewhere about gazzilion of dices in his pool on Charisma tests, even if any of you critically glitches, he will make it with buying hits at this TR. (1-2)

So for the simplicity sake, if you travel with Mata, you pass the borders automaticaly, unless there is something special going on.

Now I need you also to decide the TR, so far we have one vote for TR 1 - if there two more for leaving it here it stays at this level.

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <02-06-11/0833:44> »
after this mission Cursor is moving to pueblo to keep costs down

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #36 on: <02-06-11/0902:06> »
I'd vote on TR 1. Let's not get over our heads here... We're still fresh meat.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <02-06-11/0910:33> »
Wilco, here. I'm loading up the van. Concealing the mp5 in there, also making sure crash cart is secure and ready. "hope we don't need it, chummers"  leaving the flash bangs behind. Have storm cloud, 1 fly spy and Doberman loaded up. Wilcox pops the top on a beer. And muse that's should be it " ah dang it better check the oil slick reservior. Yeps that's it. Time to roll. I look over the maps to see the best way to avoid check points.

this should go to the IC thread. this one is a merry clutter thread for all of those like me to bore waiting for your posts ;)

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <02-06-11/1040:13> »
I've decided to fill you up with more data about denver (most of this is coming from denver sourcebook)

since I am still waiting for you to tell me where are your homes/squats, it might be important for you to know the differnece in prices:
multiply the seattle prices with following:
1.2 for Aztlan, 0.85 for CAS, 1.0 for Pueblo, 1.35 for Sioux, 1.5 for UCAS and 1.2 for UTE.

and since you decided to live in Pueblo, maybe some more detail on this side of the fence for you.
armor - light armor is legal, anything heavier is not, not even corps security can use it. Only Pueblo Security Enterprise
explosives are licensed - however trying to get one might prove even more risky - you'll need to pass your SIN against rating 8 scanner - Pueblo has the best software, databases
silencers, smartlinks is restricted
recoil compensation is licensed along with hunting rifles

standard weaponry above light pistols are restricted, with the exception of hunting rifles (you can apply for this kind with single shot rifles and shotguns). projectiles are treated like hunting weapons. Up to this level and hunting weapons are licensed.  Any kind of automatic weapons is of course forbidden.

to compare the measures transporting unlicensed crossbow or transporting manhunter will cost you a fine of 1000 NY and 2250 NY if caught on border checkpoint or during routine check on street plus confiscation of course.

price of any kind of magical good is at 1.3 - 1.5 multiplier to Seattle prices.

magical licenses are cheaper than in Sioux (100 NY instead of 200 - no special tax) and blade license are same. However as I said scanner ratings are higher.

the standard scanners used by Pueblo to check SINs/licenses is rating 3 + TR, compared to 2 + TR in other sectors. if anything go suspicious you might be requested to go through  MAD scanner rating 4 checks  in any of those.

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <02-06-11/1113:00> »
Well All my gear that's R in the books has a fake licence, ill just have to be careful

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <02-06-11/1135:03> »
I can try spoofing their SIN scanner but I'll need to run a trace and get their Access ID first, scanners in the Pub are nasty.

What Stryker understood, was probably something like: "gibberish, gibberish, it difficult you know" ;)

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <02-06-11/1138:36> »
Thats what i was aiming for xD

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <02-06-11/1255:41> »
Sorry, guys. I was writing a post up last night, when my computer suddenly froze up. So I rebooted it and started writing my post again... only to have my wireless crap out for the rest of the evening.

I'll have a post up today in the IC thread (writing it in Word this time). Also working on an updated sheet for Eight-Stone. The only real changes, as I said before, are that I want him to get a month of Low lifestyle, a pair of shock gloves, and to spend 2 karma on the Physical specialization for Intimidate. Would buying shock gloves require some sort of roll to see if they're available? Also, Sent, what area of town would you recommend for Eight-Stone's new apartment? I don't really know the Denver setting well at all... can you give me a run-down on the different sectors and roughly what they're like?
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <02-06-11/1509:52> »
Here are my rolls for border-crossing. Since I don't know/haven't decided where Eight-Stone's new apartment is yet, I'll just do a few rolls until Sent tells me otherwise.
Roll 1
Fake Sin (4) + Charisma (2) + Etiquette (1) = (7d6.hits(5)=1)
Roll 2
Fake SIN (4) + Charisma (2) + Etiquette (1) = (7d6.hits(5)=3)
Roll 3
Fake SIN (4) + Charisma (2) + Etiquette (1) = (7d6.hits(5)=6)
Blah. Kind of wish I'd done those backwards, but it is what it is.

For equipment:
I went over the broad strokes in my IC post, but here's the official list. Eight-Stone has on him:
-His crappy ghetto commlink
-His combat axe in the duffel bag o' death.
-R6 medkit in the duffel bag
-Newly-acquired shock gloves (unless it's ruled that he doesn't actually possess them: see above post)

Now for armor...

Eight-Stone has an armor jacket. In the book, it's not even listed as restricted, and the book seems to imply that it won't stand out in a (low-class) crowd. I'd like Eigh-Stone to wear it to the meet, but if it's going to send off a hundred red flags (and if Eight-Stone knows that it will), then he'll probably leave it in the safehouse with his other gear.

Also: Claw is not Eight-Stone's fixer. She's a Loyalty 4, Connection 2 street ganger friend of his. Eight-Stone's fixer is named Mr. Twist. He's super-paranoid, Loyalty 1, Connection 4, and kind of a nut job.
« Last Edit: <02-06-11/1512:15> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <02-06-11/1837:41> »
Beast, location-wise its best if you're settled with others, that way you can always count on them to help smuggle you through the borders - so I'd advise Pueblo. as for the other secotrs, I've already put some descriptions of Sioux and Pueblo, I'll be adding other later, but they are not critical if you agree to live in PCC - like Cursor - you can always change the sector later. You won't be doing that officialy anyway.

as for the armor jacket - this is above acceptance level of the Pueblo guards, but is accepted in Sioux sector. I'll assume you have it in your bag along with that monster axe of yours. (same goes for Wilco btw.)

about the fixer. I know you have Mr. Twist, that's why you had a call via Claw. Claw is not fixing jobs, he just had one for this eveneing and had to refuse, but since she is very loyal to you she proposed you in her place sending it to you, a small cut in your gain would be more than welcome. it might be interesting why she was choosen for the job in the first place though.

Denver Missions
running 13