NEWS

Old Firearm Creation Rules

• 6 Replies

Crash_00

« on: <11-19-11/2218:28> »
I got bored today and decided to port the old SR3 firearm creation rules over to SR4A. The vast majority of it is pretty much exactly the same, but I've tweaked a few things to maintain balance and keep costs closer to what I usually see in SR4A and added a few new bits. I also threw in a bit I'd been tossing around my head about advanced ammunition choices.

Anyone wanting to take a look at it can find it here (sorry it was too large to attach on the forum):
A Matter of Ballistics

It hasn't gone through any playtesting or editing yet, so if you have issues with anything feel free to toss them my way. Of course it goes without saying that Shadowrun is a registered trademark of The Topps Company, Inc. and that as fan material this is in no way associated with Topps or CGL.
« Last Edit: <12-06-11/1600:11> by Crash_00 »

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #1 on: <12-06-11/1057:50> »
Link isn't working for me. It's dropping me back at the FD main page.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <12-06-11/1205:38> »
Crash, if you want, you can email me the file and I'll put it up on my host.

Crash_00

« Reply #3 on: <12-06-11/1600:54> »
Switched it over to Mediafire, it should be working now. Sorry about that.

cyclopean

« Reply #4 on: <12-14-11/0009:01> »
Thanks for posting this! I am using it in my session, a few of my players are total customization nerds.

Crash_00

« Reply #5 on: <12-14-11/0644:53> »
Fair warning, they can be overpowered by the numbers as the original SR3 ones were.

Xicidis

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <01-10-12/0530:27> »
Six months ago I knew nothing about guns really. I loved building them in SR3 and wished there was a way to do it in SR4. Now, I've gotten into competitive shooting and I know a whole lot more about it. There are a lot of mods you can do to make it run smoother and better. Replacing the guide rod springs can make the gun not recoil as highly letting you get off another round faster. A lighter trigger pull will help you shoot more quickly and accurately. A laser sight has the disadvantage of being seen. A red dot sight gives the shooter the benefits of a laser without letting others see it.

I don't really have a point I guess. I just wonder how many things are out there that we could give real cusomizations to.