NEWS

The Found Arcana OOC

  • 286 Replies
  • 52390 Views

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3940
« Reply #225 on: <10-06-18/1732:11> »
I'm open to continuing. I am GMing two other games right now so if we do keep it going then I would ask for the GM duties to rotate through the group.

One possibility, if Lorebane is open to it, is for him to share the details of the rest of this mission and I could GM us to completion. I did this with Tabula Rasa game a few years ago and it was a smashing success.

Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 461
« Reply #226 on: <10-06-18/2009:08> »
I wouldnt mind any of those possibilities.  It's primarily a one credit hour tech class that has me burnt out, but I am meeting with the dean this week to talk about it, because te reason its so hectic is the prof lists vague instructions and gives little feedback.

The other thing I've come to realize about me as a GM is that my interest ebbs and wanes a frequently, which sucks, but it always comes full circle eventually.  Guess im kinda in a lull at te same time as midterms are hitting.

In any case, Im still pretty pleased with what I had plotted out and would hate to see it wasted, whether its someone taling over or me trying a bit harder to keep up
The power of the Tri-Horse!

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #227 on: <10-07-18/0149:55> »
I am fine with Tecumseh taking over, and with rotating GM, I think these are good options. If Lorebane can support it, we can continue hunting for tarot cards (under his GMing) on part-time as once in a while we get some hint or another hook to do so.  That is when his real life allows him to GM. I mean I think it is okay that their entire life does not revolve around it and each GM can bring slightly different style/type of run.
 

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1949
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #228 on: <10-07-18/0923:22> »
I'm willing to give this a try. 

My GMing experience is almost all from running one player games for my son (first herowars/heroquest, then Shadowrun).  I'm willing to take a shot at stepping up and taking a turn Gaming, but I may be relying on edging the roll, so to speak.

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #229 on: <10-07-18/0938:55> »
@Tecumseh
By the way: I'm putting together a new game over at https://www.rpgplayroom.net/games/topic/interest-check-for-new-2077-run/#post-9771
Maybe you'd be interested in taking part.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3940
« Reply #230 on: <10-07-18/2028:36> »
@Jack
Thanks, Jack. I look through the thread. I'll reply over there.

@All
As for The Found Arcana, I would largely defer to Lorebane's wishes. If we just need to get past midterms then maybe it's a temporary setback. If the 1-credit tech class is going to be the monkey on Lorebane's back through the end of the year, sapping his will to live and GM, then maybe we pass the reins.

I suppose there's also the question of how much is left of the current mission, whether it's just the hand-off, or if we need to do a getaway and navigate some twists as well. ICly, I'm not sure we ever came to a consensus about what to do about the tarot card.

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1949
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #231 on: <10-07-18/2150:39> »
The tarot card is still in the father's hands.   We had not (yet) had cause to attempt to steal it.
 However Jawsey was going to raise the issue of whether we'd be able to break in to copy the guys notes ( if it was enough to get him obsessed and his son kidnapped, these cards obviously matter, so getting jump started on the info would be nice)

And agree about Lorebane needing to provide some guidance.  Also, Lorebane, if we go through with this idea, times where you are not running things, you could look at whether you'd have time to play?
« Last Edit: <10-07-18/2152:20> by Beta »

Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 461
« Reply #232 on: <10-08-18/1359:41> »
That would actually be awesome.  I think it would be easier if I could occasionally step back and just be responsible for one character for a little while.  I'll go back through the IC thread to refresh myself on where we are and try to get something up later tonight and at least close out this run.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3940
« Reply #233 on: <10-08-18/1407:12> »
One possibility I had considered is if we rotate as GMs but Lorebane is behind the scenes, laying out the plot to the current GM.

For example, Lorebane finishes out this run. Then, he sends the next GM a write-up of what needs to happen in the next segment/mission. It can be as loose or as detailed as he wants, leaving the GM to fill in the rest. Then the process repeats itself for each mission, so that Lorebane has the complete picture in mind but the whole arc isn't spoiled for the individual GMs/players.

I have no idea how well it would work in practice but that was a thought.

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3940
« Reply #234 on: <10-14-18/1914:41> »
Ooo, Charisma rolls, I'm the best at those! Hmm, to Edge or not. It's not like Jack has set the bar very high, and nor does a single ganger seem like much of a threat. We'll live dangerously.

Charisma 2 + Stealth 5: 7d6t5 3 hits

Pretty good, all things considered.



gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #235 on: <10-21-18/0159:30> »
Well it seems like we cannot get the game going again.
Perhaps we can start a new run?

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3940
« Reply #236 on: <10-21-18/0428:50> »
Let's get Lorebane's input.

@Lorebane, can we finish this out, or would you prefer to pass the torch so that we can get to the finish line of Chapter I?

Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 461
« Reply #237 on: <10-22-18/2322:28> »
Sorry, just popping in to let you know I'm still here.  Had like 3 papers due this week last week.  Tomorrow afternoon I just want to do one long post to mostly wrap this run up, or at least get out of this part of the Barrens.  It should wrap up without a hitch, but just to get ahead of things, where do you want to take the kid now that you have him?
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3940
« Reply #238 on: <10-23-18/1444:57> »
Sweet, looking forward to it.

I would say let's just meet up with his father. Presumably his father will get him some medical attention, at which point we can decide whether we want to make a move on the tarot card or not.

Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 461
« Reply #239 on: <10-28-18/1321:56> »
IC is up.  Sorry it took so long.  Looks like the site was down for a few days.
The power of the Tri-Horse!