NEWS

Character idea: Mystic Adept Super Sentai Bruce Lee Superfan

• 2 Replies

BigLundi

• Newb
« on: <07-30-18/1720:41> »
Alright guys, this one's a head scratcher for me. A friend of mine is getting into shadowrun for the first time and wants me to help her figure out how to do this concept:

Huge fan of Bruce Lee and Super Sentai, wants to be able to use magic, and be an adept at the same time, wants to be able to use Bruce Lee's weapons(nunchuku, staves, etc) Or at least a Close Quarters weapon like a shotgun, as well as offensive spells to throw Super Sentai style at people who can eat bullets for breakfast.

Normally when I optimize a character I go one way or the other, but she really wants a lot of stuff here and I dunno where to start. I've been shadowreading this place for awhile and you guys are usually pretty good at this sort of thing. Hoping you can help me out here.

Ah, addendum:

She doesn't necessarily want to be good at hand to hand, because we already have a hand to hand adept in the game and she doesn't want to step on his toes.
« Last Edit: <07-30-18/1722:36> by BigLundi »

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-31-18/1009:37> »
Alright guys, this one's a head scratcher for me. A friend of mine is getting into shadowrun for the first time and wants me to help her figure out how to do this concept:

Huge fan of Bruce Lee and Super Sentai, wants to be able to use magic, and be an adept at the same time, wants to be able to use Bruce Lee's weapons(nunchuku, staves, etc) Or at least a Close Quarters weapon like a shotgun, as well as offensive spells to throw Super Sentai style at people who can eat bullets for breakfast.

Normally when I optimize a character I go one way or the other, but she really wants a lot of stuff here and I dunno where to start. I've been shadowreading this place for awhile and you guys are usually pretty good at this sort of thing. Hoping you can help me out here.

Ah, addendum:

She doesn't necessarily want to be good at hand to hand, because we already have a hand to hand adept in the game and she doesn't want to step on his toes.

Start with basics
Mage who uses martial art moves to cast spells
Still be decent with hand to hand combat. In case the team gets split up, or backup up for the main fighter
I believe nunchucks are appearing in street lethal, so there is your weapon focus

drakir

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-02-18/0617:28> »
Skipping the close combat solves a lot of problems. A mage that can shoot? Or just a mage that can cast offensive spells? Begins to sound like an ordinary comabat mage?