NEWS

Trigger Talk

• 428 Replies

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <09-15-10/1128:07> »
I tend to like to have both a good blade and a pistol. It's a classic combo for a reason.
A good alternative to normal projectiles: Pistol Crossbow
Load one of those babies up with narcoject-filled injection bolts and it's sweet dreams,...uh... sleeping person.
Unfortunately projectiles seem like a necessity in shadowrun unless you've got some serious armor, reaction, magic, or stealth. Even then really they are a good idea.

I will have to look into this pistol crossbow. Especially if it comes in poisoned varieties that will be entirely more my style...
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #31 on: <09-15-10/1130:29> »
I tend to like to have both a good blade and a pistol. It's a classic combo for a reason.
A good alternative to normal projectiles: Pistol Crossbow
Load one of those babies up with narcoject-filled injection bolts and it's sweet dreams,...uh... sleeping person.
Unfortunately projectiles seem like a necessity in shadowrun unless you've got some serious armor, reaction, magic, or stealth. Even then really they are a good idea.

I will have to look into this pistol crossbow. Especially if it comes in poisoned varieties that will be entirely more my style...
I'm suprised you didn't go that route already. Being that you're making a "Drow" elf character.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #32 on: <09-15-10/1205:21> »
Actually, with DMSO and all, I'd expect the drow to be carrying an Ares S-III Super Squirt (SR4a, p319) loaded with Narcoject (SR4a, p255). The Squirt just has to contact your target to deliver the drug. Dart Pistols/Rifles still have to acquire 2 net hits to deliver their payload (they do have a -2 AP, though).

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-15-10/1214:44> »
The nice thing about crossbows though... options! Lots of ammo options for crossbows of all sizes. Ever seen someone get hit with an incendiary bolt?
Plus they are silent, much like the squirtgun.
I'll grab the list of Bolts. One sec.
Injection
Screamer
Explosive
Incendiary
Barbed
Hammerhead
Stick-n-Shock

Makes you kinda feel like green arrow. lol
« Last Edit: <09-15-10/1223:19> by Joker »

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <09-15-10/1515:06> »
Poisons are just always more my thing than bullets and plain arrows. Hell. My abyssal thingymajigg still had a poisoned handcrossbow. If I could find a way to poison a bullet I would too! I want to still be able to make you too sick to fight or fall asleep with a non-fatal shot. In case I miss. Which will happen. A lot. My d6 are mad at me for taking such a long hiatus from tabletop war gaming.

And incendiary bolts just sound so unnecessarily painful. I love it.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #35 on: <09-15-10/1554:05> »
You can, by RAW, mount an underbarrel weapon on a PISTOL??
Yo, dawg, we heard ya like shooting,  so we put a pistol in your pistol so you can shoot while ya shoot.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <09-15-10/1604:38> »
Yo, dawg, we heard ya like shooting,  so we put a pistol in your pistol so you can shoot while ya shoot.

Though he did a song with Alice Cooper.
So he's the only rapper that has points in my book.

And can you seriously put a gun on your gun. o_0;;

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <09-15-10/1613:29> »

No MC Frontalot then? 

And I really hope so because that would be awesome.
Pie > Cake

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #38 on: <09-15-10/1712:26> »

I don't even listen to Xhibit. I just found it amusing to watch him in that car-modification show.

And yes, you can in fact put a gun into another gun. The "Underbarrel Weapon" modification from Arsenal lets you alter any weapon so it fits in the Underbarrel slot of any other weapon. The only real restrictions are that the underbarrel weapon cannot be larger than the weapon you are mounting it to, and you cannot mount an underbarrel weapon to another underbarrel weapon. Your GM might also object to some combos.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-15-10/1759:24> »
Poisons are just always more my thing than bullets and plain arrows. Hell. My abyssal thingymajigg still had a poisoned handcrossbow. If I could find a way to poison a bullet I would too! I want to still be able to make you too sick to fight or fall asleep with a non-fatal shot. In case I miss. Which will happen. A lot. My d6 are mad at me for taking such a long hiatus from tabletop war gaming.

And incendiary bolts just sound so unnecessarily painful. I love it.

Somebody call for a poison bullet? Pg. 32 Arsenal: Capsule Rounds! These suckers are kinda like paintballs, but can be filled with all kinds of nasty surprises.

And what is this? National laugh at the guy with a gun in his gun day? You wish you had a gun in your gun. >:( lol

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #40 on: <09-15-10/1846:10> »
The nice thing about crossbows though... options! Lots of ammo options for crossbows of all sizes. Ever seen someone get hit with an incendiary bolt?
Plus they are silent, much like the squirtgun.
I'll grab the list of Bolts. One sec.
Injection
Screamer
Explosive
Incendiary
Barbed
Hammerhead
Stick-n-Shock

Makes you kinda feel like green arrow. lol

When there is a "boxing glove" arrow or bolt, then we will talk.

8)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <09-15-10/1846:57> »
That's pretty much what a hammerhead is.  ;D

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #42 on: <09-16-10/0818:49> »
That's pretty much what a hammerhead is.  ;D

Silence! Your logic will not destroy my nostalgee..nostilg...things from my past I love!!!

;D

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Max Anderson

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <09-16-10/0836:37> »
I don't usually play combat-oriented characters, so what I'm looking for is usually something low-profile and efficient.

I like the Raecor Sting : nonmetallic, really easy to conceal, and still a decent punch against someone not prepared for it. Or I like to go the legal way : carrying a taser (the Defiance EX Shocker), with it you can easily disable someone for a few rounds, allowing you to run away (or come up with something).

When I play a sammie, I tend to choose a reliable sidearme (the Predator, for instance), along with something with a little more punch (the Smartgun X, or even an Ares Alpha when things get messy). Grenades are always the way to go, there are so many of them, nearly every situation has a grenade to solve it  ;D

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #44 on: <09-16-10/0846:29> »
Flashbangs...for when you HAVE to ruin the party, and still have something to ransom later.

8)

Register