Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

Awakened Technomancer?

<< < (2/2)

Michael Chandra:
If this existed in any way, the corps would invent PR7 troops to send an army of them to fetch you.

easl:
IIRC the range of most spells is non-enhanced sight.  Which means technically you can't affect anything on the matrix in VR, and maybe not even in AR depending on how your GM interprets it; I guess you are seeing photons with your real eyes, but in the same way you would see a hologram or a character in tv show.

Still, if your GM is willing to bend that rule, then a mage could sort of double as a pseudo-technomancer by going on line and using Control Thoughts to force other matrix-users to do their bidding.

Hobbes:
Or Increased Logic +4, and Analyze Device to increase your assorted Matrix skills to silly, silly levels?  Trace Icon and order a Spirit to go rip the Spider's head off?  Hack the host, find the security mage on duty that night, hack his Commlink so he can't set off any alarms and turn the whole team invisible and who cares if the patrolling watchers and wards alert the Mage on duty?  You don't really need to bend any rules to turn a Herimetic Decker into a Matrix Wizard.  They pretty well do that all by themselves. 

Anyway, like I said, depends on what the player wanted.  Was it the story idea or was it the mechanical functionality. 

Lorebane24:
I had a GM once who threw a contact our way that was a pair of conjoined twins - one a mage and one a technomancer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version