NEWS

Shadowrun fees? Sorry if this is an old, annoying topic.

• 6 Replies

Octarine and Chrome

• Newb
« on: <02-09-11/1342:00> »
I apologize in advance, because this is sure to be an old, old, old, topic that people are sick of. I just couldn't find it. So, is there a 4th edition source of standard rates for shadowruns? I would love to have this, at least as a place to start negation from.

Please don't hate me???    :-[  :'(   
I do not, not believe in ghost...or demons...or monsters: Ziva David

He who dies with the most toys gets looted.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <02-09-11/1410:04> »
The Shadowrun 4E GM's Screen has a Contacts & Adventures book inside. The adventure section has some Adventure Frameworks with sample rates for different types of runs (Assassination, Blackmail, Bodyguard, Courier/Smuggling, Datasteal, Distraction, Destruction, Encryption/Decryption, Enforcement, Extraction, Hoax/Counterfeit, Investigation, Plant, Retrieval, Security, Tailchaser, War and Wild Things).

Edit: If you can, I highly recommend getting yourself a physical copy of the product. Unfortunately, it's out of print right now, so prices are inflated (Amazon has it for $89.99). Of course, if you can be patient, the Runner's Toolkit is (hopefully) coming out this year and will have a updated GM Screen along with a bunch of other goodies.

Octarine and Chrome

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-09-11/1501:49> »
Thanks 8)
I do not, not believe in ghost...or demons...or monsters: Ziva David

He who dies with the most toys gets looted.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #3 on: <02-10-11/0819:03> »
Also, reading any of the adventure modules will give you some good guidelines...

They also list the Karma rewards, so you can get a good guideline of run difficulty vs karma reward vs nuyen, if you want to start comparing in detail :)
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-02-11/0739:43> »
Guidelines are great :) but they are just that. A few things to consider when deciding how much money to give for runs:

1) Additional income: Will there be any additional income? paydata? stolen gear? While this is meta information and not something Mr. Johnson can take into consideration, you as a GM need to keep this in mind.

2) Campaigns varies, some like gritty-we-can-barely-afford-soykaf campaigns with runners living in street lifestyles or lower and having to resort to organ legging to pay for ammo, other campaigns sports runners living in luxury, with private jets and stock portfolios. Well rounded characters with background stories and motivations beyond money for the next meal can generally "support" more cash payout as its not the motivating factor, but if your chars are more hollow, you might need to keep money low so they are forced to work. This also depends on the players, some NEED money to feel rewarded, others just see it as a tool to pay for Mr Friendly Troll Taxi driver contacts kids college.

3) How often do you blow up the characters vehicles, fry their cyberware, nullifies their fake id's, make their safehouses not so safe etc.

I don't think there is any "right answer", I think the most important part is so be consistent, start low, and slowly raise it as runners gain rep.
-Frag you and the hog you rode in on.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <03-02-11/1148:15> »
They get five hundred nuyen and a UCAS$5000 gift certificate good at Stuffer Shack.  What, they want more?  Scum like them don't deserve even that much!   :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #6 on: <03-02-11/2018:27> »
They get five hundred nuyen and a UCAS$5000 gift certificate good at Stuffer Shack.  What, they want more?  Scum like them don't deserve even that much!   :P
Gift certificate redeemable only at certain stores, 5th Tuesday of every month between 7:30am and 7:32:am
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law