NEWS

[SR5] Wardrobe change

• 3 Replies

Kalibos

• Newb
« on: <01-25-17/1545:33> »
I am currently playing a shifter and was unable to find any rules about how long it takes to change clothes or don/remove armor.  Did I miss something or are there no existing rules for that?  And if not currently, what are the prevailing thoughts on how long it would take?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-25-17/1630:52> »
There is information about the Securetech PPP Armor Add Ons: 4 complex actions each for arms and legs and 8 for vitals.
A combat round is 3 seconds and the average person will have 1.33 complex actions per round.

Just test yourself how long you need to get into an overall, shoes and gloves.
Do the same with socks, trousers, shoes, shirt and jacket.

I can do the former in roughly 15-18 seconds which translates to about 7 to 8 complex actions
The later takes me about 30 seconds, so between 13 and 14 complex actions.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-25-17/1645:35> »
Jack's estimates and observations are pretty good. And the timing is probably on the short end.

All-in-all, the reason there are no rules for how long it takes to get dressed, is because it is highly dependent on the clothing.

Putting on an Armor Jacket takes (maybe) an action or two, but a Chameleon Suit takes significantly longer. An Armor Vest would likely be longer than the Jacket, but not super long...

Also, keep in mind that armor does not equal clothing. A shifter who changes and just puts on an Armor Jacket is still pretty much naked.

Generally speaking, changing wardrobe is an out-of-combat act.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-26-17/1941:44> »
Howling Shadows has rules for "Drake Armor" which allows for Shape Changing while still wearing armor. 

P. 165 Howling Shadows, tl;dr version +10% cost for Armor or Clothing that can accommodate the human form and the Draco form.  Weather or not this extrapolates to Shifters is, obviously, a GM call.

Or play a mage and use an illusion spell.  Or make friends with a Mage and use an Illusion spell (or preparation).