NEWS

[SRA IC] Depths of Anarchy [2075 Game Thread]

• 136 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <12-17-16/1024:25> »
Steel looks around and sees a tub of ice cream sitting on the floor near the hole and kicks it into the pit before jumping down, depriving one of the approaching bugs the chance to attack him. "Uzi and shotgun coming down as requested, along with Troll topping."  He lands in a squishy sort of place and is immediately concerned that he has landed on one of his companions.  Taking a look around he sees Al duking it out with one of the bugs and Kynos laying down some serious fire from an assault rifle, while part of a bug chases after Vish.  He kicks the tub in the halfer's direction, hitting the bug and sending it reeling off to the side. "Vish, grab your gun.  Al, you need any help with that that thing?  I brought your shotgun with me in the tub."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <12-19-16/0824:29> »
[Wednesday March 6th, 2075; Anarchy Nightclub, Tacoma, Seattle]

Ice places himself between the basement entrance and the rest of the club “The ladies and I will keep your backs clean…you lot sort out the vermin below!” and slamming another clip home he sends a fusillade into the approaching flesh forms who wither and then flee under the targeted rounds and the wrath of Ice’s spirits…

#06 PP/1
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <12-19-16/1817:18> »
[spoiler]
Alright, here we go.
I'm working with several assumptions:
1) after gilga's character turned into an NPC I assume his assigned enemies aren't active threats for us
2) That leaves 12 enemies to deal with and reinforcements only after those are dealt with
3) All attacks that were described but haven't been rolled are assumed to have done enough damage to destroy the enemy's armor and leave it at half health
4) In the previous Turn: Vish killed one Fleshform, Al wounded 1, Kynos wounded another, no one touched their True Form yet
5) With only one access to us, only four of them can come towards us per round (which was the reason Kynos suggested to fall back)
6) So now there is at least one True form in the room and three more waiting outside.

So I'm doing Kynos' attackers first:
Wounded Flesh Form: AGI 3 Wounds -1 Close Combat 6
Attack: 8d6t5 4
Defense: 13d6t5 6
No hit
Flesh Form 2:
Attack: 9d6t5 4
Defense: 13d6t5 0
Full hit: DV 2 + 4 successes: Kynos' Armor takes 6 damage out of 12 total
True Form
AGI 4 Skill 8
Attack: 12d6t5 6
Defense: 13d6t5 3
using Edge to reroll, or this will be a quick end to this game:
Edge Defense: 10d6t5 4
Avoided attack

Kynos turn on his attackers:
Shoot at wounded Flesh Form:
Attack: 15d6t5 5
Defense: 4d6t5 2
Dead
Shoot at other Flesh Form:
Attack: 15d6t5 4
Defense: 5d6t5 0
12 DV vs. 6 Armor, leaves health at 4/10

New tally:
Inside our room:
1 dead Flesh Form (acted)
1 wounded Flesh Forms (acted)
1 True Form (acted)
1 wounded Flesh Form (hasn't acted, but probably would attack Al)

Waiting outside
3 True Forms
4 Flesh Forms

As always, cry out if one of my assumptions doesn't make sense.

[/spoiler]

Having a few bodies around him while he fired made the situation marginally less tedious, but Kynos quickly caught on that those things needed at least two salvos before going down, which made this some kind of "hole in a bucket" math problem:
The doorway limited the flow of enemies, but for everyone they took out two stood ready to enter - literally: One on the ground and one on the ceiling.
He had no time to think about the implications of this kind of math because the grotesque thing he just had filled with lead still swiped at him with his fist. The clumsy blow was no problem for him to sidestep - only to be caught in the back by the other one who had snuck up on him, while the small man was busy beating the third one up. The armor caught the brunt of the attack and Kynos found time to spread one salvo between his old and new attacker, killing the former and wounding the latter - only to be confronted with a giant cockroach trying to snap him in half with it's mandibles. Only the recoil from his gun allowed him to stumble a step backwards to avoid that gruesome fate.
"Damn those things are even uglier than I remembered. A little help would be appreciated guy."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #78 on: <12-19-16/1956:02> »
The one Al was on top of flailed at him a bit, but the little man's fists never gave it a chance to recover. He was punching gray matter when another one tried to blindside him - the little clicks coming from what had once been a human mouth gave it away. Al jumped up, it swung a half-hand-half-claw thing, Al ducked and swung back, and it dropped like it'd been hit by a double dose of Raid.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <12-27-16/0122:00> »
Steel notes that one of the true form bugs is still up in the room and heading towards Al.  The large Troll moves to intercept it, chanting words under his breath that are designed to keep him calm and bring an inner peace.  His swords are humming with their own power as he swings them at the misshapen monster in front of him.  One strike cleaves through the chitinous armor and the second strikes true into the creature's hide, making it reel in pain.  It is not dead, but it has been heavily wounded.  Steel waits for the return attack, poised to deliver the killing blow.

[spoiler]True Form bug is 6/12 physical damage[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-27-16/0124:09> by Mercy Merchant »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <12-27-16/0950:10> »
The thing slashed after Steel, but didn't manage more than a scratch across the big runner's armor.

Kynos had finally a moment to regain his footing, aimed at the giant cockroach and shot another salvo into it's exposed belly, creating a fountain of foul entrails. "Mouth open, ears shut, this is going to be loud."

With that, Kynos raised his weapon above the large bug trying to claw it's way into the room and sent a grenade from his Ares Alpha flying into the next room.

As it turned out, true form bugs made excellent tamping material, as hardly anything of the shock wave reached the team in their cellar room. The high explosive grenade turned the occupants into a foul smelling slurry, coating the walls.

Through the ringing of his own ears, Kynos said with a smile: "It's all fun and games until the artillery gets around to play."
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <12-27-16/1137:04> »
Steel could not do much about his ears with a sword in each hand, but he did manage to open his mouth and the shock wave from the grenade only brought a slight hum to his ears.  He spoke a bit loudly to compensate. "Thanks for the save, Kynos.  I doubt that will stop them but it certainly made an impact."  He readies himself for the next wave of attackers.

adamu

« Reply #82 on: <12-27-16/1713:02> »
Al's dampers took care of the grenade's report. The sound he was more interested in was any complaint from their employers about the unauthorized use of explosives. But there was no word. At all. Silence.

With all the immediate threats dispatched, he wiped his ichor-covered hands on his T-shirt and pointed down one particular passage. "That's where Lenny went. Leastways the half that still had a head...if that matters...."

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #83 on: <12-27-16/2201:59> »
Vish shouts out a quick thanks for the delivery of his SMG -- he understands that this is custom here, to ascribe such things to people's individual decisions and choices. 

With the gun to hand he unloads a long burst at the blind corpse that had been stumbling after them... then curses as it goes wildly off target.  He finally snaps the stock properly into place only to get his senses rung by the grenade going off. Afterward he struggles to express a thought that had been growing over the last few seconds "Ares, they thought they were hunters, but they were baited in here. Who is the hunters?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <12-28-16/0040:09> »
Steel looks around, his ears still ringing.  "WHAT?  YOU HAVE TO TALK LOUDER DOWN HERE FOR SOME REASON.  SAY, I WONDER IF THE MILITARY CREW IS HAVING ANY TROUBLE.  AND ANYONE SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ICE GUY AND HIS SPIRITS?"

adamu

« Reply #85 on: <12-28-16/1258:25> »
"Ice Cream Amigo, right," Al said. Stairway cleared, he dashed up it. He found the guy's head at about the halfway point. And smelled something that made him wish he'd gotten his internal air fixed. Bounding back down, he reported, "Icey died with his snow boots on. Can't git our lords an' masters on the net, but they made good on they promise ta gas the upper levels. Ain't safe ta go back up."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <12-29-16/0033:00> »
Steel gives the short human a puzzled look. "WHAT?  LIKE I SAID, YOU GOT TO TALK LOUDER HERE.  ICE IS DEAD?  THAT IS SAD AS WE COULD USE THE MOJO.  DID YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT GAS?  SORRY, I DID NOT THINK IT MADE THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE DOWN HERE.............MUST HAVE BEEN THE THREE PLATES OF CHILI DOGS I ATE BEFORE COMING OVER.  LOVE 'EM BUT DON'T LOVE WHAT THEY DO TO MY INSIDES.  I WILL TRY TO WARN YOU NEXT TIME."  He turns to Kynos.  "SO WHAT IS OUR PLAY FROM HERE, BOSSMAN?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <12-29-16/0427:40> »
Kynos had to look over his shoulder, expecting to see the Ares commander standing there, before he understood that he had been addressed:
"We've been hired to be back up if the plan got fried. From my perspective it's not just fried but positively melted through the bottom straight towards drink water supplies.

I mean, we could of course go down into that cellar and shoot until our ammo runs dry and the swords get bent, but on the whole this is just a messy way to to deliver a snack to the bug queen.

So we do what we are payed for: Kill bucks. Al, you said there is a fuel line nearby and that's why we aren't allowed to use explosives, right?
I'd say it's time to fill this anthill up with premium and light a match."

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #88 on: <12-29-16/0717:49> »
"Yeah, adjacent lot's all tanks o' black market gasoline. Security's nothin' cuz who'd slot off the Vor, right? But you come up with a hole to the surface around, say..." and he spun around thoughtfully for a moment  "...there...an' ol' Al'll figure a way ta run a line down here lickety split."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <12-29-16/0933:33> »
The ringing in Steel's ears has receded quite a bit. "Hey, bossman, won't that fry any of the lads that went below and are waiting for a rescue?  It could be that they have just lost comms due to the terrain.  I would vigorously oppose such an idea as flooding the tunnels with gas and lighting it off.  I think we need to look around down there and bring any of them out that we can.  If you are intent on blowing the place, at least give me a couple of hours to go find them."

Register