NEWS

Can someone create me a military stealth argo?

• 11 Replies

GunDrake

• Chummer
« on: <12-05-16/1639:37> »
Can someone create me a military stealth argo? I always mess up when I create new items and races for RPG games. I want the argo to have stealth bomber plating on the outside. The argo needs it's 8 wheels to be replaced with tank tracks. The argo needs to have its top to open and close, and the top needs to be airtight. The argo needs to submerged like a submarine. the argo needs a heavy weapon mound plus a landing drone rack for one bumblebee drone. The argo needs a small lifesupport system plus a mini rigger cocoon. My fox shifter is the driver and my AI rigger will control the bumblebee drone. My AI character needs to leave the argo once in awhile, so he needs to be able to wirelessly jump out in emergencies.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <12-06-16/0213:55> »
What are you asking for, exactly? 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

DeathofVirtue

• Chummer
  • Astral Ghost
« Reply #2 on: <12-06-16/0247:25> »
  I concurr, you seem rather vague on what you want the person reading/responding to actually DO.  You could be asking for somone to create artwork or a whole statline, equipment  manifest and ruleset, if you don't specify, we don't know.

I also confess to some curiosity as to exactly what your planning to do.  One does not typically create or heavily modify a vehicle away from how it's listed in raw and just throw it in the game for their character, especially without GM approval.
Because if I pass you I wont even leave a breeze.
If you search for me you won't find a trace.
What then do those seeking me say they found?
Nothing.
Zero is nothing.
I am Zero.
What better name for myself?
 -Zero on being asked where he got his name...

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-06-16/0825:38> »
Heck, I'm still trying to parse "argo".

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #4 on: <12-06-16/0953:48> »
Argo is a brand name for small all terrain vehicles, usually one or two person, with 6 or 8 wheels.

Jeremy Clarkson used one in an episode of old Top Gear
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #5 on: <12-06-16/1020:01> »
Heck, I'm still trying to parse "argo".

Lol.

Although I must confess, only 2 things popped into my mind: the first was a wooden sailing ship from "Jason and the Argonughts"...

And the second one was the Argo... From the English remake of Space Battleship Yamato!

However niether seemed to be what he was looking for :D
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Adamo1618

« Reply #6 on: <12-06-16/1024:02> »
Lol.

Although I must confess, only 2 things popped into my mind: the first was a wooden sailing ship from "Jason and the Argonughts"...

And the second one was the Argo... From the English remake of Space Battleship Yamato!

However niether seemed to be what he was looking for :D
You and me both, pal.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <12-06-16/1047:40> »
The easiest way would be to modify a boat with secondary propulsion and the submersible mod.
There is no stealth armor per se, but adaptive camo and a jammer will probably be enough for the job.

All in all it's just a question of finding a boat with high enough body to be able to cram all that stuff inside.

Edit:
Let's take a Manta Ray
HANDL 4
SPEED 5
ACCEL 3
BODY 9
ARM 6
PILOT 1
SENS 1
SEATS 3
AVAIL -
COST 16,000¥

Secondary Propulsion (Tracked) (6 BP)
HANDL 2/4
SPEED 2
ACCEL 1
COST 9,000¥
Rigger Cocoon (2 BP)
COST 1,500¥

Landing Drone Rack (Medium) (4 BP)
COST 10,000¥
Weapon Mount Heavy Size (5 BP)
Flexible Flexibility
 6,000¥

Chameleon Coating (2 BP)
COST 9,000¥
Life Support Level 2 (4 BP)
COST 18,000¥
Extreme Environment Modification (Under Water) (2 BP)
COST 2,000¥
Extra Entry/Exit Points
COST 2,500¥

ECM (R6) (2 BP)
COST 3,000¥
Signature Masking (R6) (6 BP)
COST 18.000¥

You can add a bit or armor but all in all this costs you 95,000¥
« Last Edit: <12-06-16/1605:27> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <12-06-16/1735:00> »
  I concurr, you seem rather vague on what you want the person reading/responding to actually DO.  You could be asking for somone to create artwork or a whole statline, equipment  manifest and ruleset, if you don't specify, we don't know.

I also confess to some curiosity as to exactly what your planning to do.  One does not typically create or heavily modify a vehicle away from how it's listed in raw and just throw it in the game for their character, especially without GM approval.

I wanted someone to create the stats and price list for the modified argo. I am planing to play a fox shifter mage infiltrator that scouts out hidden corporate base's in and around yellowstone. I am trying to decide on smuggling people and paracritters or capturing smugglers as a shadowrunner/mercenary. I am planing to give my fox shifter a second set of trodes that is small enough for a foxes head which might means that the mini riggers cocoon and life support mod is smaller and might cost less. The fox shifter use to be a special forces soldier. And now she has a day job of a forest ranger. The argo is a recon combat vehicle.

The AI that I made can control the argo and drones with permission. And I have permission with my GM. I am also thinking that the argo might have stats that might be similar to a steel lynx combat drone.

DeathofVirtue

• Chummer
  • Astral Ghost
« Reply #9 on: <12-06-16/1820:17> »
  If thats the case, Jack_Spade seems to have a pretty nice setup written up for you there.  I dont see an escape method for your AI listed but thats so situational it's understandable, I'm not too clued up on how developed yellowstone is in the fluff but even if your in an area with no matrix hookup to wirelessly jump out it's probably fairly easy to find a portable device for your ai that your fox shifter could carry in an emergency, alternatley buy your ai something like a Shiawase I-doll anthro drone from rigger 5.0 so it can bail out on it's own.  I'll pop a few anthro's below to have a look at.

Shiawase I-Doll

Handl 3
  Speed 3G
  Accel 1
  Body 3
  Arm 0
  Pilot 3
  Sensor 3
  Avail 4
  Cost 20,000 NY

Standard Upgrades: Realistic Features (1), cooking autosoft (3).

It's a little pricey but it has several advantages.

A cheaper option would be something like the Horizon Little Buddy:

Handl 2
Speed 1G
Accel 1
Body 1
Arm 0
Pilot 2
Sens 2
Avail 4
Cost 2,000 NY

Standard Upgrades:  Instruction (2) autosoft.

Cheap + Cheerful.
Nothing.
Zero is nothing.
I am Zero.

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <12-06-16/2335:17> »
A cute show that I watched a few days ago, on one of the science channel. That might of been the amazing acts of science. Had an episode where a scientist taught his pet bird to drive a small drone with its beak! I think that there should be a small manual controls where my fox shifter uses a tiny joystick and buttons that my fox shifter can drive with her mouth and paws.

What gear do I need for the argo and my AI character, as in the ways to survive the argo becoming bricked? So far I know that a satellite uplink is one of the things that I need.

DeathofVirtue

• Chummer
  • Astral Ghost
« Reply #11 on: <12-07-16/0205:19> »
I think that there should be a small manual controls where my fox shifter uses a tiny joystick and buttons that my fox shifter can drive with her mouth and paws.

Firstly you just gave me flashbacks to Mr Garrisons "the thing" from South Park, kudos, I'm now dying laughing.
On a more serious note.  I'm assuming your talking about while in fox form as you mentioned using her mouth and paws.  I think you could probably just use metahuman adjustment if you only want one set of controls that can only be used comfortably or at all realistically by a fox.  I'm assuming you will have/be using a rigger interface for human shift.

What gear do I need for the argo and my AI character, as in the ways to survive the argo becoming bricked? So far I know that a satellite uplink is one of the things that I need.
Assuming you are going with Jack_Spades Manta Ray mod you do have 1 slot free on Electromagnetic Mods that you could fill with a satelite uplink, this would add 3,000 NY to base cost he listed.  The problem is a satellite uplink is likely to go down with the vehicle should the worst happen so if it happens before you can react it's likely moot, hence I suggested having a cheap anthro on standby.

As far as other gear that might increase your surviveability if the worst happens, something to keep you alive underwater if it blows there, basic first aid kit is always usefull if you need biotech rolls (Perhaps a touch unnecessary if the only meatbody will be a shifter), a few days of rations in case your too messed up to get your own or need to lay ultra low, flaregun to aid being found with maybe 3-4 flares, maps of the area you will be in, a compass or other relatively reliable way of finding north, basic fire kit (Waterproof matches or flint and steel, dry tinder in a waterproof box, possibly solid chem fuel blocks), possibly a set of warm dry clothes or a spaceblanket for bedding and a survival knife.  This stuff Isn't bulky or heavy (Excluding whatever you take for underwater) but saves lives irl as well as in game, if memory serves a lot of this is condensed into some kind of survival kit however I only have the sr3 version on hand as my books are being borrowed atm.
Nothing.
Zero is nothing.
I am Zero.