NEWS

Panzerknacker Sidethread

• 204 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <05-08-17/1340:16> »
Mike showing his true colors of being a rat bastard used this very moment to turn on a karaoke program, tagging both Krestov and Slobber with an AR microphone and starting a duet
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #136 on: <05-08-17/1354:22> »
[spoiler]Aww I was totally going to a Duet, but it was going to be with Zelda. :P

Oh well, when life gives you Lemons[/spoiler]

Slobber downs the rest of his scotch. Glancing at Anna before looking at Krestov dreamily, putting a hand at the small of his back (if there is such a place on Krestov) and leading him to center living room.

He quickly picks a song and the speakers start playing Dreams, Dreams

"Well my love, let's Duet."

Slobber takes the male vocals
« Last Edit: <05-08-17/1401:37> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <05-09-17/1715:26> »
Anna cheers the singing trogs and then augments their duet playback with some life music.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #138 on: <05-10-17/0144:01> »
bnc downs her glass of vodka, this time without orange juice, before Krestov is off. When she sees Slob's choice, she grins broadly.
Leaning back next to Gerhardt, she listens to the two of them singing, then starts a conversation in a very soft voice. "And you, Gerhardt, what are your plans after all of this is finished? I guess, it will change matters for you, too."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <05-10-17/0336:44> »
Gerardt replied with a surprisingly sober tone: "Hm, I guess I'll try to finish the project, restore my reputation and get a promotion. After that... who knows. S-K has some very sweet incentives and I might get noticed by the big boss. Ideally, I'll get a posting on my old research vessel. I've got a pretty interesting hypothesis about the behavior of Meistersingers that I'd love to research more."
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #140 on: <05-10-17/0619:07> »
Do you? As a matter of fact I myself am quite interested in parazoology, though I have to admit that I didn't have the time to properly study the topic yet.What is your hypothesis about? If I would have to guess for any other person, I'd have picked something about their assumed sentience, but something about you makes me reckon, you're interested in their unique way of communicating. Now I'm curious"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <05-10-17/0731:29> »
"It's way to early to speak about it, but yes, it's actually about both those things. I have a hunch that hearing and receiving information from their peers enhances their cognitive abilities to the level of sentience. The larger the group the more intelligent they get - which is precisely the opposite of humans."
Gerhardt smiled. "We still know so little about the Sixth World and still more an more new beings and things appear. It's a great time to be a researcher and scientist."
talk think matrix

Qwikfix

« Reply #142 on: <05-10-17/0745:34> »
Krestov was a bit off guard as he was linked into the mic system...and then he didn't even know the song, but as the lyrics came into his AR view, and seeing their ork friend really dive into it, the troll smiled as he stood, winking to their employer and the ladies before chiming in at his part.

It was a bit jumpy at first, but as he got into the swing of it, the hilarity of his deep baritone voice, combined with a curious pronunciation of the words, produced quite a hilarious image as the two men danced to the beat.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #143 on: <05-10-17/0801:03> »
"It's never too early to share thoughts. Believe me, I won't steal your idea. If I'm ever going to study at a university, it's definitely not going to be parabiology. But your idea is intruiging. Are you talking of a kind of ... well, a kind of distributed cognitive network? Or do you perceive each whale as an individual, but you think they prosper from sharing their experiences and thoughts in a harmonious way humans are obviously incapable of? Do you base your hypothesis on research on the matter, or is it an entirely new approach?" bnc seems indeed fascinated  by the topic. Obviously, she hasn't had any thouroughly academic conversations in a while. Also, she seems to be quite comfortable in Gerhardt's presence.

When the two fighters are done with their duet, bnc grids broadly and claps your hands. "You guys are amazing. I would never be that brave!
Anna, do you sing?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #144 on: <05-10-17/1254:58> »
As the song came to an end, Slobber lifted his leg up onto Krestov's hip, put his arms around the troll's neck and leaned in for a kiss. Just before he touched a stunned Krestov, Josiah hard spun on his heel and bowed at his hip.

He stood straight back up, mimed a mic drop and issued a simple challenge. "Top that."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <05-10-17/1303:10> »
Anna smiled, "I am surprised that you did not dig it up with your mad computer skills but but yes I do sing. "
She gestured toward the icon of the media player saying "Shall we?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <05-10-17/1540:23> »
"It's to early because I haven't done any real research yet. It's just observations during my earlier work and the realization that they only show true intelligence when they gather in greater numbers. I have several hypothesis that I need to test before I can speak any further about it. I don't want to fall prey to confirmation bias by picking my favorite one ahead of time.
For the moment I only know they are magnificent creatures and might in fact be valuable allies if an understanding can be reached with them."

Schmidt applauded the finish of Slobber's and Krestov's duet and watched interested what Anna would chose to perform.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <05-11-17/0016:05> »
"No, no no no. I - sorry, I can't sing. I'm not even close to be drunk enough for karaoke. I admire your courage. I - no way. Anna, why don't you give us a real good solo? You could sing "Barbie Doll" for example."
bnc raises her hands defensively in front of her body, displaying clear indicators of discomfort.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <05-11-17/1126:08> »
Anna smiled "I know a barbie song...  you view me as one, so I might as well sing that one." She said and placed
 Barbie Girl .She winked at bnc and then skillfully sung the female role. She clearly felt comfortable doing so, and even moved her body to the rhythm with improvised funny gestures.  Anna is not a professional performer but she is as good amateurs get and could probably get some nice tips as a singing waitress or something.
« Last Edit: <05-11-17/1131:38> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #149 on: <05-17-17/0943:11> »
"Oh, Jesus. Among all songs there are, you pick a song that is 79 years old? Jeez, that song is older than the frigging Sixth World.
But it's kinda reassuring that my great-grandpa listened to a song that described you a 100 %. May I ask, are those real...?"
, bnc asks and indicates with a gesture that she's talking about Yael's breasts.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"