Shadowrun Play > Shadowrun: Anarchy

"Only one Shadow Amp can affect a rollís outcome" what is that really mean?

<< < (3/3)

Sendaz:
Yeah, these needs some clarification. 

In the OP the various amps don't really overlap so it would seem justifiable to allow multiple amps to be used so long as they were different effects.
So many are thinking that maybe the rule meant  if two or more Amp of the same effect could apply, only apply one.

However Gingivitis shows the example of Chrome Bison (pg 90) where there are two Amps whose effects do overlap (they both do a flat damage reduction) so this just muddies the waters because they share the same effect and if they can stack, why was the rule even there in the first place or was this not meant to be there at all?

*chuckles*  Overall do like the look of it though still so just a wee bit of tweaking and we should be good to go.

Opti:
I didn't mean to be dismissive or curt earlier. Just saw it on my way to something else and thought I'd chime in. Note Chrome Bison has two amps that do the same thing, but they don't affect a rolls outcome, like the rule states.

Hobbes:

--- Quote from: Opti on ---I didn't mean to be dismissive or curt earlier. Just saw it on my way to something else and thought I'd chime in. Note Chrome Bison has two amps that do the same thing, but they don't affect a rolls outcome, like the rule states.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for stopping by! 

That is a very fine distinction you're making, and it's not the conclusion I (or others) drew from the general rule of "Only one Shadow Amp..." 

Personally I think the system is much cleaner if you stick with the no Stacking at all, ever.

Opti:
Of course, every table is within their rights to read and play whatever rules they see as RAW or change them. I don't think it was ever intended that more than 1 amp could not give DIFFERENT bonuses to a roll. I guess I would say that for example, you could have 1 amp, say a cyberarm, upgraded to give 4 different types of bonus to a roll (reroll, + damage, increase range, and ignore visual mods), or you could have a cyberarm, cyberleg, cybereye, and cybertorso that give the same bonuses with 4 different amps. There was no intention of favoring overloading 1 amp with a bunch of different mods over 4 amps. It is a flavor distinction. Stacking the same bonus will quickly get out of hand in a way the other bonuses won't, especially in a narrative game.

Does that make sense?

Jimmy_Pvish:
Thanks for the answer everyone

Another thing

What is the correct essence cost for bioware/cyberware?

in the book say cyberarms (reroll 1 dice)  is -1.0 essence.
So, cyberarms 2 (reroll 2 dice) will cost -2.0 essence?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version