NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #285 on: <11-14-16/0533:40> »
[spoiler]@gilga Ah, that changes matters. Anna only responded by saying "I'm gonna have it turned off anyway" so I thought you didn't allow me to the marks. Maybe I just missed the passage where you said otherwise.
Btw: First thing I thought is: "Record that stuff". I was just waiting for the permission ^^

@Jack lol. Zodiac. ^^
How far is the mansion from Slob', Krestov's, and Kite's and my and Flatline's position?

2nd pass: Simple Action: Talk to Anna (I guess a message this long will take a Simple Action)
Simple Action: switch to silent mode
Free Action: drop call

3rd pass: Spoof Command: Spoof Command: 11d6t5 5
Opposed Roll: 10d6t5 3
Free Action: initiate streaming

New Initiative:
Initiative roll: 4d6 13
I should have 22 or 23. Don't have her sheet with me.
I'm not sure whether you already count this in combat rounds at all. If you do, I might have needed one more action for the Matrix perception. If so, I can perform my next action as 2nd pass of the 2nd combat round. I will only do this if Zodiac doesn't interfere in any way.

Spoof Command: 11d6t5 4
Opposed Roll: 10d6t5 6

I would use Edge:
Edge: 7d6h5 0
To no avail.
So, unless any interference from the other decker keeps me from making this mistake, I waste one point of edge and have a failed Sleaze action on Whitman's commlink.

Anyway: Free action: talk[/spoiler]

"Look at whatever you would have me to unlock. I'll open it. Then go for it.
In case there's any magic or anything I should know of, find a way to indicate it. I'll leave. Don't call back. I'm still with you."

bnc ends the connection before Zodi can. She marks one of the elevators with a big red X. Then the elevators opens, then closes its door after a few seconds. This should be enough to get Whitman running there, and give Anna time to sneak away anywhere else.
As soon as bnc can make out an elevator or window Anna targets, she'd mark it as a green frame in Anna's vision and try to open it. As soon as she finds a second, she redirects the whole stream to her commlink (not her deck) and stores it there.

"Flatline, Anna's in trouble. Hurry up but only intervene if it's subtle or an emergency."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #286 on: <11-14-16/0552:27> »
Anna casually looks at the balcony, and uses the distraction to quietly improve her position closer to that Balcony should it suddenly open. If she is lucky enough and Whitman indeed dashes to the elevator perhaps bnc can lock the balcony after Anna escapes, in that case Anna may take comfort in the fact that Whitman is going to be looking for her for a while before giving up. 

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #287 on: <11-14-16/0816:39> »
[spoiler]
As I said, at least one of the guys should have kept up with Anna as back up. That one is probably outside the building with the car.

Small correction on your rolls:

SPOOF COMMAND
(complex Action)
Marks Required: 1 (see description)
Test: Hacking + Intuition [Sleaze] v. Logic + Firewall
You spoof a device’s owner’s identity, making the device think that your command is a legitimate one from its owner. You need one mark on the icon you are imitating; you do not need a mark on the target. The opposing dice roll is still based on the target, though.

So you need the mark on Whitman, but you roll against the host which has 15 dice
Missing Dice: 5d6t5 2 [5d6t5=6, 5, 3, 1, 4]
So 1 point of Edge would be a good investment to break the tie.

Meanwhile: Zodi:
Ini: 8+4d6 24
Ini 24: Perception: 12d6t5 4
Found Anna's link

Ini 14: Hack Anna's link: 12d6t5 3 [12d6t5=5, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 3, 5, 1, 1, 3, 3]
Defense: 10d6t5 3
Nothing happens

Ini 4:
Hack Anna's link: 12d6t5 4Hack Anna's link: 12d6t5 4
Defense: 10d6t5 4
Nothing happens

Ini 2: 8+4d6 21
Ini 21: Hack Anna's link: 12d6t5 5
Defense: 10d6t5 2
1 MARK on Anna

Ini 11: Hack Anna's link: 12d6t5 5
Anna Defense: 10d6t5 3
2 MARKs on Anna

Ini 1: Trace: 12d6t5 5
Resist Trace: 5d6t5 0
He has her location
At the start of Round 3 A big fat ARO will reveal her location
[/spoiler]

bnc had already been secure of her victory, only to see an error message pop up: "Error with identification, please re-send login information"

Meanwhile Charles had begun to stalk through his penthouse, the anger in his face undiminished but now also accompanied with a cruel, calculating smile.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #288 on: <11-14-16/1016:32> »
[spoiler]Last init pass from round 2 (after I subtracted one for the Matrix Perception from before and included the failed attempt). Depending on your answer in the OoC post I have either spent one or two points of edge.

Free Action: Talk.
Complex Action: Reboot Device.
Since bnc's initiative is higher, Zodiac can't perform Trace Icon - it's gone before she can start.

Initiative roll: 4d6 17
Nice roll. My init is 26 or 27, then. This should enable me to act first, probably. Anyway, I'll wait for your OoC post before I continue.
[/spoiler]

"You're being traced. Fight back.", bnc yells, then does the only thing to stop the tracking process before it's finished: rebooting Anna's commlink. Now the goddamn balcony!
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #289 on: <11-14-16/1239:07> »
>> Open balcony and quickly close after I am in th*  was what  Anna could convoy to bnc, before the link rebooted, and with the reboot, bnc's voice was gone and Anna was alone with the psychopath. She stood still and breathed slowly and carefully,quiet like a little mouse. Charles was loud and was looking for her in closets and rooms. He was angry and made quite a mess of his beautiful apartment. (not that he'll need to clean it up anyhow... )

The thing with invisibility was that Anna did not 'feel' invisible - therefore she did not move much, she did not dare to do so.  He had no idea, where she was hiding - so why change position.  How could he ? her location had no obvious hiding places close to the locked balcony.

Anna's plan was simple, go the balcony and levitate away to safety. Hoping that bnc opens and closes it before Charles is able to see her. Even if he see the balcony door opening for a moment - what will she do there, suicide? Anna took the time and wiped around the astral signatures that were left by casting the invisibility spell.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #290 on: <11-14-16/1512:59> »
[spoiler]Spoof Command: 11d6t5 3
Opposed Roll: 15d6t5 6

Under these circumstances, I can't hope to break the host's security.
Is there another way? Can I access floor plans? Is there an open window? Any gear that's not fully protected by the corp's security host?[/spoiler]

bnc swears under her breath as she realizes that even her hacking skills can't match a profound security host like this - not running silent from somewhere else while being in a hurry. As soon as Anna's link is back, she talks to her - if only to reassure her that she's not alone.
"Host security is nigh impregnable. Keep your matrix security up. I'll find a way for you. Reinforcements arriving."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #291 on: <11-14-16/1537:17> »
Keep calm girl, you can do it...

Anna texts Slobber and bnc >> Slob - how fast can you place your hands on Whitman's car parked under the building... Dude loves his car - go tell him you are my boyfriend and if he does not let me out you are going to trash his car.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #292 on: <11-14-16/1543:13> »
[spoiler]
The reboot has given Anna some time.

Floor Plans are available as evacuation plans in case of a fire. There is a locked emergency staircase. Slobber could probably cut his way through with a microwelder or a mono chainsaw, but would have to climb quite a lot of stairs to do so (20 floors to be exact)

No open windows this high up. There is an air conditioning duct, but Anna would have to seriously contort to fit in after removing the grate and then would be stuck until she could remove the heavy machine.

There are a few things not part of the Host: The sound system and the trid player, the vacuum drone in it's loading station (stats of a jardinero drone) and likely a few other things that are switched off at the moment that might turn up in an exploration of the penthouse.

[/spoiler]

bnc was frustrated but so was Zodi. bnc saw his responses to Whitman: <<Damn this more complicated than expected. She just rebooted her link. But I swear to you she couldn't have noticed me. Are you sure you didn't invite a technomancer into your home?>>
Whitman just replied: <<Get on with it. I'm seriously beginning to regret taking the 75 qm option.>>
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #293 on: <11-14-16/1549:30> »

Anna used her improve willpower spell to help her protect the link from that pesky decker, with clarity and determination nobody was going to break into her things. She could try to steal the link, but if Whitman grapples  her then she is completely exposed.

She looked around trying to something, anything of interest that can level the playing field.

[spoiler]
Improve willpower: 15d6t5 5
drain: 14d6t5 3
She'll use full matrix defense from now on being aware of the risk. 19 dice to defend against matrix... bring it on mister decker.
perception
Perception: 10d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <11-14-16/1553:27> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #294 on: <11-15-16/0140:17> »
bnc's voice is pressed and comes in waves, as if she's working on something else entirely. "Slob in position. Don't call yet. Anna, just a bit of time."
Then there's something like a hint of a smile in her voice. "This' getting fun. Whoohoo, Zody, come and get me."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #295 on: <11-15-16/0520:55> »
[spoiler]
I thought you didn't try again against the Host after your first try only produced a draw.

In that case he did indeed notice you.

The Hacker keeps attacking Anna's link, but with her at full defense he won't be able to trace her any time soon.
[/spoiler]

Anna was just about to get a bit calmer again - bnc was working on her escape and Charles was looking at the other end of the room for her. Suddenly she heard him laugh with cruel mockery.
"Oho, you have called a little hacker to get you out of here, haven't you? Well, I can tell you he just failed. Do you know what that also tells me? You don't want to call the police. Grant you, it wouldn't help you. I made sure of that a long time ago.
I'm giving you one more chance to come out of your hiding place. You leave my house and you'll get the invoice for the restoration of that priceless piece of art.
Look, I'm even opening the elevator doors for you."

True to his word, the elevator doors opened invitingly. But Anna couldn't overhear the cruel, mocking tone in his voice.

talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #296 on: <11-15-16/0858:15> »
[spoiler]All right, in that case, I wouldn't try to hide. If you'd allow me, I'd just swap my rolls and instead create marks on Whitman's link. I have a higher dicepool still, so I think it's fair to keep the rolls I already made.

On the assumption that I have the first pass again, I'll go for Garbage In, Garbage Out. But I don't want him to actually open the door, but to transfer the right to do so to public. Then I can control the door without raising any attention.
If that's okay for you.

Garbage In, Garbage Out: 15d6t5 5
Opposed Roll: 10d6t5 3

Is Zody still attacking Anna ? Does Whitman do anything? Is there anything indicating that he doesn't believe that I failed in controlling the elevator I opened up before? After the door first opened up and I then failed a Sleaze operation, this must be what it looks like. But you never know.

If not, I'll search for Zody. I think I can just buy hits, can't I?[/spoiler]

"Damn right I have, you amateur. Get going, Anna. The way is free. Whitman thinks I screwed up opening the elevator. I'll take care of the decker now.

KITE, I need you. Watch my persona for marks on it. Warn me asap. Beside that, stay invisible."

Now, this is going to be FUN.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Qwikfix

« Reply #297 on: <11-15-16/1148:21> »
During the Tschernenko op

As they were driving along, Krestov mulled over his options to he request, but simply gave a nod before turning to Kite.  "Go ahead and drop me off outside place.  Will call for bike later to keep you free.  Thank you for help"  He gave a little smile as he started to adjust his suit about him, cleaning up for meeting this woman.

<<on way to assist.  Slob, you are free when I arrive.  bnc, please give me any information an art enthusiast may know on Anna.  Thank you>>

Upon arrival, he deftly exited, letting his long coat billow out in the breeze as he walked inside, giving their decker access to his vision  as he identified his mark.  Activating his tailored pheremones, the big troll took a seat near--but not next to--the artist.  "Vodka, straight up...или самая близкая вещь вы называете водкой..."

He played casual, keeping his gaze forward, save for a couple noted glances towards the woman.  He made sure he was noticed before he slowly turned his head, leaning forward and speaking in his native tongue.

"Простите, но ваше приятное лицо кажется мне знакомым. Мы встречались, возможно, на выставке где-нибудь? я не забуду лицо легко, и я бы опозорил, если я забыл один, как ваш ..."

[spoiler] "Or the closest thing you can call vodka..."

Forgive me, but your pleasant face seems familiar to me. Have we met, perhaps at an exhibit somewhere? i do not forget a face easily, and i would be shamed if i had forgotten one as yours...

(Also as a note, while it may seem weird to immediately pick out a native, I've seen it far too many times personally to find it out of place to do so here ^^)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #298 on: <11-15-16/1305:26> »
[spoiler]For clarification: This message was not sentn to Whitman, but in the group channel. I spend my first action to GIGO. If nothing else happens, I'll stick to Matrix perception, in order to find Zody and ex the bastard.
Please inform me as soon as Whitman tries to send a message (and thus triggers the GIGO).
[/spoiler]

Tschernenko op

"There you go, big un. I sent you a file consisting of all info we have. I guess you can sort out yourself what you need or don't need. I'll join you VR as soon as you unleash Krestov Special Forces."

Whitman op

"KITE, also sent some vehicle to the place. We need to bring Anna outta here."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #299 on: <11-15-16/1344:23> »
Having a MARK on Whitman's link allowed bnc to view the conversation log file.
Zodi had just realized the futility of what he was doing: <<It's not working. I just had to reboot twice. She must be monitoring her commlink actively and react to every warning message personally to lock her system up that tight. The funny thing is, she hasn't shut it off, which implies that she is still in contact with someone. I'm trying to find her contact and see if I can crack it from that end.>>
<<Damn it, I thought you did this for a living. Hurry up.>>
What else he wanted to write would have to remain unclear, as bnc just then enacted her little bit of computer wizardry. Instead of sending the message, the icon of the balcony door changed from "secure" to "open access".
Whitman obviously noticed that the message didn't send as the command was repeated twice more.
"Oh you think you are clever? Hacking my commlink? But two can play this game." With that Whitman's commlink vanished from the matrix as he rebooted too.
Anna now had precious seconds before before Whitman could again interact with the penthouse systems.

Meanwhile, bnc had located Zodi's system: A cheap, modded Erika MCD-1 that seemed to run overclocked.

Earlier in the day at the hotel

Anna Tschernenko visibly perked up when she heard someone in her mother's tongue order Vodka. Consequently she had already established eye contact with Krestov while he was still making his way through the restaurant. She smiled at his question, revealing that a) she definitely wasn't a closeted humanis friend, b) coffee and breakfast had made her mood excellent and c) she wasn't in a hurry as she gestured Krestov to take a seat at her table:
"That wouldn't happen to have been the Czarista Exhibition in St. Petersburg in July? I was visiting to see how people reacted to my "Black Vulture" statue. It took me ages to carve all the little faces on the maggots and I wanted to see if some of the big wigs recognized themselves.
I am Anna Tschernenko. Ah, I see now the recognition hits you. No need to be embarrassed. Just get me one of those you are having and we can call it even."

[spoiler]
This is an easy con roll: Krestov get's +2 bonus dice for speaking her language and +1 for her interest in the other sex
Just two successes needed.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix