NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 366 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #255 on: <11-30-16/0240:09> »
Sammy helped Clem with clearing the way for the truck, at least those parts the truck hadn't cleared when it went to where it was now.  Then she went back to the Jane and Ahmjay and checked them out, throwing in a healing spell if needed, while her spirit was helping to get the truck back on the road.  Then she turned to Snow.
"Let's bring them a bit closer to the road," she said, "That makes it easier to keep an eye on them and the truck at the same time."

When the truck was back on the road, Sammy thanked her spirit before it departed back to the metaplanes.

[spoiler]
If either Jane or Ahmjay have physical damage (I'm not sure if that was ever stated), I'll use a healing spell.  If they don't have damage, no magical healing can help.  Both spells are at force 5

Jane
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 1 wounds = 10: 10d6t5 3
So I heal a maximum of 3P

drain 1 (damage -2)
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 5
no drain

Ahmjay
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 1 wounds = 10: 10d6t5 4
I heal a maximum of 4P

drain 2
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 5
again no drain

If they are still unconscious after my healing, I'll ask Snow to help me bring them closer to the road so we can keep an eye on them and the truck at the same time, unless the situation indicates they are safer where they are.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-30-16/0249:24> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #256 on: <12-01-16/0310:21> »
Snow walks about the rest of the team, doing her best to heal any of the wounds she can.  She grimaces as she tries unsuccessfully to give any real aid to Con.  She blushes a bit as she unhooks a med kit's lead from him.  "Sorry, Con.  I am afraid my wounds and the quality of my current doctor's office have conspired against my efforts to heal you any..  Perhaps Starlet will have better luck with one of her spells.  I need to get back to see if I have managed to kill my unconscious patients yet."

Snow turns from Con to go back to help Starlet move Jane and Ahmjay closer to the road.  She cheers when the truck is finally back on the road and helps the others put her patients inside the vehicle before turning to the others.  "So, who had the skills to drive this thing?  I have minimal skill with ground transportation, but need to point out that I am not operating at full capacity yet and should probably not be your first choice as driver."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #257 on: <12-01-16/2322:56> »
Sam felt much better after Snow's tender ministrations, and did his best to help get the truck back on the road. Luckily, the winch seemed to be old enough that his issues with technology didn't kick in, and they were eventually standing back on what passed for a road. "I can drive, though Clem might be better; I frequently rely on the Gridlink back home."

[spoiler]Sam's got a whopping 3 DP for pilot groundcraft, since his reaction is abysmal. :)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-04-16/1447:19> by Thvor »
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #258 on: <12-02-16/0302:57> »
Snow chuckles.  "I am certainly not much better.  Andrew has been chiding me to get some driving lessons.  Looking at our situation here, that might have been a good idea."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #259 on: <12-02-16/0504:58> »
"And I used to be either too poor to have moterised transport or I was considered too important to drive myself, so I also never learned," Sammy said, "How is our driver actually after Snow's and my healing?  Any improvement?"
She went over to have a look.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #260 on: <12-02-16/1008:35> »
Snow walks with Starlet to where her patients are still unconscious and kneels by the medkit to check the bio monitor readouts.  "Still no change, although I would expect them to wake up soon.  The monitors do not indicate any serious problems, but they are still out of it.."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #261 on: <12-02-16/1558:54> »
"Let me check in the astral," Sammy said, cursing herself for not thinking about it earlier.  She switched her sight to the astral and had a look, but the life in the jungle overwhelmed her view.
"I can't see much," she said, "there's too much interference from the jungle around us."

[spoiler]
first Jane, then the driver.
intuition 3 + assensing 3 -1 wounds =5: 2#5d6t5 2 1
I doubt I can find a reason why they are still out, unless I have modifiers I don't know about.
[/spoiler]

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #262 on: <12-02-16/1817:22> »
"Alright, let's just load them in the back and I will drive. Snow, can you find me where we're going, or at least a map of the region?" Once Starlet was done checking through the astral, Clem carefully loaded the two unconscious bodies into the back of the truck through the same way they had taken them out, and indicated O'Connor take his position back in the turret.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #263 on: <12-04-16/1139:11> »
Farai was getting anxious, it had been a few days since the captains had decided to send this little raiding party inland to do some foraging and collection, and they barely were able to keep themselves fed, let alone collect anything to bring back to the boats.
At least the others had found that old woman to satisfy their urges last night, the ten-year old was getting some of those looks again.
When they heard the commotion Akene had been quick to get them moving, but the fool had taken forever to get them to the right location, and the foreigners were almost ready to move again when the raiders had them in sight.
They intended to simply burst into view, this many armed pirates in a truck was more than capable of cowing a few oyibos without a fight, but Farai had his shiny black AK ready, just in case.

The truck rolled into view down the path, the crowded bed packed with men, visibly armed.  They stopped a good distance away and a man climbed down from the cab and started towards them, a couple of older boys jumping out to follow him.
One boy had his rifle slung over his shoulder and was chewing some kind of leaf, the other had no strap on his and carried it like a sack of groceries.
The lead man had only a holstered sidearm, and waved in greeting as he walked up and spoke in the local tongue, “Looks like you had an accident.”

[spoiler] The timing here is a little hinky, I am figuring you heard the truck just as you all were about to mount up.  The only one in your truck is Torley, running the winch to spool it in after finishing the recovery. [/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #264 on: <12-04-16/1207:29> »
Snow looks at the new arrivals with some concern, glad that Con had remained hidden in the foliage and was able to warn them of the impending arrival of the truck.  If the old winch had not been so loud, all of them might have heard the new vehicle before it had arrived.  Granted, it would be silly to think that anyone in this jungle would go about unarmed, but this many men....and boys...armed is a bit much.  She steps to the side of the truck, but well within an easy jump back into cover, hoping that the presence of a woman with her shirt plastered to every curve of her torso would distract the men and give the others a chance to get into position.  She tries to get a good count of the men remaining in the old truck as she replies in English, using arm motions to emphasize her points and keep the men focused on her.  "Hello.  Do you speak English?  I seem to have had an accident and might be lost.  Can you help?"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #265 on: <12-04-16/1224:39> »
The man shakes his head and tries again in thickly accented French, "Don't talk English, some French, accident?" he says, not really looking at Snow, but taking in the group as a whole.  The boys with him are a different story, her effect on them is physical and apparent, the one chewing actually stops and gapes.  She hears a comment from the trucks that was fairly disgusting, with accompanying laughter that is harshly silinced.  Five more appear around the truck, but the bed still looks full.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #266 on: <12-04-16/1239:15> »
Snow shrugs, the movement accentuating her breasts for those among the other men who are watching her chest and shakes her head at their apparent leader, switching to a few words of the French she has just picked up.  "Yes, accident.  Can help with water and food?"

At the same time, she sends a note to the team.  >>Not sure if I can delay him too much longer.  There seems to be quite a few of them.<<

[spoiler]I am off to watch my granddaughter in her state gymnastics meet.  Back later.
« Last Edit: <12-04-16/2141:06> by Mercy Merchant »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #267 on: <12-04-16/1302:58> »
Sammy moved a bit so she had some cover from the truck but could still see the other truck.
I can throw some fireballs or do my illusion of armed men if you need to. she texted to the team.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #268 on: <12-04-16/1541:42> »
The moment he spotted the approaching vehicle, O'Connor had his rifle trained on it. As people started exiting, he flipped the fire selector over to full-auto and zeroed in on the guy talking to Snow. He was getting a bad feeling about this group, and hoped Clem gave the order to fire soon. He might very well force the issue if any more got out of the truck.

[spoiler]
Simple Action: Take Aim
Simple Action: Take Aim
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-05-16/1453:33> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #269 on: <12-04-16/1741:09> »
*What now?* thought Clem as the truck was approaching. The ork sent a <at the first sign of agression, shoot the leader Con. Sammy, could you shoot a fireball at the truck?> to the team, knowing O'Connor had them down his sights.

With Snow trying to negotiate with the leader, Clem simply told her to "casually get behind cover as you continue talking to them, Snow. Tell them to leave," as she took the safety off her shotgun. The firearm at the ready as she was walking backwards towards one of the nearest bigger trees able to give her sufficient cover, Clem slowly raised her shotgun at the ready.
« Last Edit: <12-04-16/1744:02> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix