NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 366 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #195 on: <11-04-16/2125:00> »
Clem picks up her bag as if ready to leave on the spot and with a nod of her head says, "Alright then, let's meet those pirates
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #196 on: <11-04-16/2301:46> »
O'Connor shrugged at Clem's counter, "You're the one claiming to know what I'm like in the sack." When Jane decided on the pirate cove, O'Connor eagerly grabbed his bags. He put on a pirate accent, "Arr mateys! Let us take our leave of this hornswoggle to find passage across the waters."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #197 on: <11-05-16/0240:44> »
At least someone's happy, Sammy thought.  She'd rather wanted to wait and go directly by plane, as it would be much safer, but apparently it was decided otherwise.

She turned to Jane and Dobiri.
"I don't know what they have in the way of technology around here," she said, "but could we get to Lagos if I conjure up a spirit to conceal the plane?"
« Last Edit: <11-05-16/1143:10> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #198 on: <11-05-16/1429:18> »
Snow is accessing the public information data base on the plane they are looking at to determine the weight of cargo and passengers that can be carried safely.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #199 on: <11-05-16/2203:27> »
Jane seems somewhat interested in the idea, but Dobiri is not interested.  "No." he says flatly as he makes a call on his link, "Ahmjay, come to my plane, bring the truck."  Breaking the connection he tells you, "Ahmjay is a good driver, and he knows the route.  He will get you there very fast."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #200 on: <11-05-16/2219:20> »
And just like that, the information Snow is gathering on the plane is nearly useless.  She smiles at the others and keeps looking, just in case the information becomes useful.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #201 on: <11-05-16/2233:09> »
O'Connor grinned all the more with pirates now firmly their choice of transportation, "Is airport security going to hassle us on the way out? If we're hitting up some pirates I'd like to reassemble my rifle first."

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #202 on: <11-06-16/0531:14> »
"I think it's best to do it once we're outside of the airport perimeter," Sammy said, "just to avoid trouble."
She wasn't sure about the boat, but if that was what they were going to take, then so be it.  If she could conceal an airplane, she could also conceal a boat.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #203 on: <11-06-16/1309:52> »
Snow considers something then sends a message to the others.   >>Team.  Snow.  Should I let people know that I can understand and speak some of the language or is that better left a secret for now?  And, Con?  There are quite a few swear words here if you want me to teach you some.<<

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #204 on: <11-06-16/2156:14> »
A few minutes later a blocky-looking beast of a vehicle comes driving down an access road.  It looks like it is entirely too tall and narrow to be stable, until you notice that a great deal of the body at the height of the wheels and lower comes to two sharp points.  It takes a ninety degree turn at speed when you fully expect to see it flipping on to its side. 

When it comes to a stop in front of you, you can tell it is heavily armored, aside from several jagged, watermelon sized holes in the body.  I heavy looking door swings open and a child, not more than a severely malnourished twelve, comes climbing down. 

"Ahmjay, I want you to take these people to [translation for Snow: Widow's Rapist Cove], come and get their bags."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #205 on: <11-06-16/2218:53> »
Snow goes to the pile of bags and begins helping move them to the truck.  "Hello, Ahmjay, my name is Snow.  Where do you want me to stow these bags?"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #206 on: <11-06-16/2307:28> »
Surprised at the child drivin the truck, Clem looked around at her teammates. It seemed that Snow was unconcerned by the age of their new tour guide, but Clem insisted on keeping her luggage with her. "I'll take this with me, you never know when I might have to pull something out of my bag."
« Last Edit: <11-07-16/0136:02> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #207 on: <11-06-16/2329:33> »
O'Connor nodded in agreement with Clem, "Yeah I'm keeping my gear within arm's reach." He wasn't fazed in the slightest at the condition or age of the driver. Underfed children making script by shady means were a dime a dozen in Redmond. He sent a reply to Snow, <[Recipient - Snow | Text Message]: Frag yeah I want to learn to curse out these slots in their own tongue.>
« Last Edit: <11-07-16/0115:59> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #208 on: <11-07-16/0204:46> »
Snow shrugs.  "All I have in my bag are my medical things, some extra underwear, and some hygiene stuff, so it can go in the cargo bin."  She looks over to Sam and Starlet to see if they want to keep their bags with them or if she and Ahmjay can load thin in the storage area.  she smiles and sends one of the swear words to Con.  >>Con.  Here you go.  This one is a rather generic word, much like your drek is.  Krang, pronounced with a hard "a" as in krayng.  So you could say that this trip is already going into deep krang.<<

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #209 on: <11-07-16/0445:40> »
The boy looks somewhat upset with the team's assistance, but manages to grab Torley's bag from the pile before anyone can stop him.  He carries it to the back of the truck and climbs up a set of stairs that drops from the back.  The rear of the truck is quite cramped and small given the vehicle's size, with four center facing seats and any 'cargo' area essentially at hand from them already.