NEWS

Umbrae Europae [IC]

• 209 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <09-18-16/0717:58> »
Before the team committed to any kind of action, they waited for the conclusion of the matrix search.

When the agents reported back, they had found a few meager trails about Vasco:
- A short excerpt from a social media page confirmed the fact that he had been sacked by the university, but that he still was seen around the campus. So he had not been barred from coming back as a visitor. A lot of female users seemed to think it wasn't his fault and expressed sympathy for Vasco.
- A cross referenced add had a 88% likelihood that Vasco had been renting an expensive flat on the Rhine in the south of cologne. As of last week this flat was on the market again.
- Who his current assistants were wasn't clear, but the agents found two girls whose profile matched to about 78%: Both were single, second semester magic students, had recently stopped or severely reduced answering their friends messages and had matching contacts around the uni.
Both were probably part of the Unitas Landshut, a catholic student corps - a non-duelling fraternity/sorority: Elisabeth Maier and Giselle Chasseur.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <09-18-16/0822:21> »
As the matrix search agent have finished their job, Franck finally reply to Waywalker request from earlier:

"Waywalker, if you do want to do some matrix reckon, I'll come with - but we should all be clear on the fact that it might tipped our target off. Also, I personally would rather the use the VIP room for access and reckon to the boat, not the as way in for the actual. I know some shadowrunner like to keep it simple, kick the doors and waltz in - but personaly, I like carefully layout plan. They generally don't survive contact with the enemy, but at least they give you a fair chance to survive afterward."

"That being said, I would propose that pretty face along with Fromage go and and use the VIP room to do some reckon indeed, while Waywalker and I are in boat's host - so we can do some matrix overwatch and maybe "cross-wire" some camera if needed. But we also need to be clear on what we want to learn from this reckon. I assume we will all agree on, first, confirming that Vasco is here, and second assess the amount (and type) of defense in place. Last but not the least, we need to figure where the blood samples are stored. Without those infos, I don't see how we can move forward. Do you see any other information we should try to secure while doing this ?"

Taking a short pause to let the group gather they though, Franck adds to Waywalker:

"Waywalker, for the matrix job, I think we should also do the same - see how many drones or other security devices they may have in place,  but also try to get his personal agenda - or something like that. He may spent most of his time on the boat, but there is a chance he has some routine errands to run or simply that we can learn of some upcoming events - on the boat or somewhere else, that we can use to set up our trap..."

Last words, because I have already been talking too much - do you see any actionnable items from the matrix search results ? Maybe we could investigate the disappeared assistant, see if we can find something of use to set up a trap ?". While Franck is suggesting the idea, he does not appear himself convinced about it...
« Last Edit: <09-18-16/0834:38> by belaran »

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <09-18-16/1255:13> »

The Matrix search was finally over. He handed the results of his work to the commlinks of his team, so they could see them in AR.
"I think we have some trails we can use: the two girls may know the location of the blood samples or Vasco's. We can ask about them at the university...And maybe if Kase and Schoner talk to the talismonger of the campus could get a hint about the mage, maybe his commcode. I think you two are more suited for this part of the job. If you need, I can arrange a ride and drone surveillance for you.
I'm with Franck here: no shooting in the boat. We have plenty of places where to geek him. Also, Frank, I think that first we could try to go and see if we find something about the girls in the  Unitas Landshut records, before we go to the Loveboat host."

"To: Franck: From what I've heard, I assume you like the not so subtle way in the Matrix. I think we can profit from it, using each one our way, so to set up a diversion. What do you think?"
Waywalker stretched his arms and layed on the hard mattress.
"From now on, I'm in the Matrix. If you need to comunicate with me, send me a message."
Then he went limp.

[spoiler]I want to connect to the Matrix in VR, hot sim, running silent.
My deck is configured: A 2/S 5/D 3/F 4(5), running VM, Agent, Encryption, Baby Monitor.[/spoiler]
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <09-18-16/1846:39> »
Looking at Waywalker jumping into VR, Frank show again a nasty grin: "I'm so going to draw a little moustache on his face". But apparently, he managed to control the urge, and also start preping to join the hacker.

"By the way, he got a point here, we should look into this girls, see if this can give us a hint on where the blood samples might be. I'll guess Waywalker on I are going to be busy on the matrix side for a little while, but maybe you guys want to look at that ? In any case, see you on the other side !"

Frank jacks in and joins Waywalker in full VR (hot-stim on, of course).

"Waywalker, here I come, and you were right. I used the matrix more as a way to kill, not for data steal or reckon. I'll follow your lead on this one - but I'll have your back... And if not, I'll have the back of whatever hit you !" Franck's persona, looking strangely like him, puts out a knife, and grins...

"So where do we start ?"

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <09-19-16/0719:56> »

The "real" world faded away as the infinite realm of the Matrix appeared upon Waywalker.
He took a moment to enjoy the feelings of returning to his favourite place before doing anything.
In a matter of seconds Franck's persona was with him. Smiling, Waywalker said: "Welcome! I think we should start from the girls's sorority, and take a look on their records."
Waving his hand, two dogs appeared on his side, and started snuffing around.

[spoiler]I run a Matrix Perception to find the  Unitas Landshut Host, if they have one.
Agent teamwork: 8d6t5 1
Agent (Nixdorf) teamwork: 6d6t5 1
Matrix Perception: 12d6t5 4
( I keep them all, as the limit is raised to 5 by teamwork.[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <09-19-16/0729:48> »
The local net was a fair approximation of the RRMP with all the major and minor details of the cities available as virtual constructs. But even here the dominance of S-K Prime was massively visible: Dozens of S-K hosts were somehow a lot more visible than those of any other company.
Cologne's representation spread a lot of carnival atmosphere even though the so called "fifth" season was still months away.

The two matrix jockeys had a few different destinations to choose from:
- The host of Cologne University (R5)
- The host of the Love Boat (R5)
- The host of Unitas Landshut (R3)
- A few virtual clubs, collected into the Cologne Hub Host, frequented by students and docents alike

Selecting the Unitas host he immediately was greeted with their motto: Virtus, Sciencia, Amicita, yet the host was only open for registered students of the organisation. A quick peek told them that the host had a A4S3D5F6 configuration.

Meanwhile, Käse and Schöner found themselves looking at the unmoving bodies of their new chummers. For them the real life versions or the astral were viable legwork options.
talk think matrix

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <09-19-16/1225:28> »

"I like that plan.  I'll get in touch with the chummer that can get us in and let make the deal.  It's pricey though, so pony up boys.  750¥ four ways, I'm fronting for the flat and it's my contact, say 200¥ for each of you.  That's giving me a whopping 50¥ discount for having the contact in the first place."

<<<@Roberto Tzernobo [Schöner] Ich danke dir mein freund.  Find the funds attached, you know where to send the cask, I'll pick it up in a few days.  Please send my regards to Luca.>>>

"Herr Käse, do you need to prepare anything before we leave?  I'd bring only a small weapon, and either smuggle it in, or in the worst case have the bouncer find it and hold if for you.  But it will keep up appearances either way, no?"

[spoiler]
Hrm, looks like we missed our window with the bouncer (who only works for two hours?!?!?).  Will this still work Jack?
[/spoiler]
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <09-19-16/1649:06> »

In a matter of seconds Waywalker found what he was looking for. While he was studying the host, his brain received the words of their chummers.
"To:Schoner:, you will receive my part of the funds attached (NY 240)."
While arranging the funds tranfer, Waywalker sent a message:
"To: Franck: I'd start with the host of the Landshut, so we can give some info to our chummers in the meatword. If you prefer to stand by, I have no problem going in alone."
The host stood in front of him, a cube floating in the infinite universe of the Matrix. Waywalker's persona started spoofing some credentials, waiting for the host's response.

[spoiler]Hack on the Fly Agent teamwork: 6d6t5 2
Hack on the Fly: 15d6t5 5
(I keep them all)[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <09-19-16/1705:08> »
[spoiler]
Landshut Host Resist: 9d6t5 1 [9d6t5=3, 4, 1, 1, 1, 4, 1, 2, 5]
Pitiful

Also feel free to roll such standard resist actions as well, so you can proceed - that's always ok when I'm giving out the targets stats.

@Zweiblumen
Yeah, the window passed. The guy does work long than that, but not at that exact position where he can let people through without his colleagues noticing. Schöner might still be able to finagle his way through.

[/spoiler]

Tzernobo replied: <<Well met. I'll give him a call right away. He'll have the wine early tomorrow.>>

Meanwhile in the matrix, the simple, civilian host didn't resist much more than a two digit code door, giving Waywalker access.
Inside the sculpting looked like some kind of museum: Lot's of old books, icons (the religious kind) and art adorned the walls. Logged in students studied alone, in pairs or small groups, while a mean looking librarian patrol IC enforced appropriate behavior: Ensuring that no-one entered the data areas marked as off-limits to non-authorized users.

« Last Edit: <09-19-16/1807:09> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <09-19-16/1805:32> »

"Waywalker, I'll be right behind you if you need back up..."
. Following his new partner, Frank configures his deck and start hacking in...

[spoiler]
@Jack_Space: I think you meant Waywalker in your previous post.

Also, team working in the matrix is not really defined, but I assume that my character would still need to gets his own MARKs. So I'm going to get my own and then team work with Waywalker (if you allow it).

Deck Config: A2 S6 D3 F7
Hot Stim (+2d)
Hack on the Fly on Landshut Host: 11d6t5 4
Resist Hack on the Fly from Landshut Host: 9d6t5 5

... well I guess this will postpone ruling on team work.
[/spoiler]

... however things goes quite wrong for the ghoul. Instead of getting a MARK on the host, he fails and the host gets a MARK on his deck.

"Err, Waywalker, things going wrong on my side, I'll jack out and reboot rather than compromise you.... Sorry buddy."
« Last Edit: <09-19-16/1836:54> by belaran »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <09-20-16/0259:19> »
Insided the host, the Librarian paused for a moment and then resumed his movements, from behind a shelf another construct appeared. This one looked like an old fashioned police man with a taser instead of a handgun - the host had just launched some kind of IC.

[spoiler]
Regarding teamwork: Agents and hackers are fully capable of supporting with teamwork checks they can perform. Only the leader receives Overwatch since he is the only one with an opposed test.
If you want to bring Agents into the host with you, they'll have to hack a mark for themselves too (but they may also receive teamwork bonus dice)
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

k-sim

• Newb
« Reply #71 on: <09-20-16/0533:46> »
"My own sources confirm what you have found out Waywalker, the target used to be a professor at Cologne uni until he was fired two years ago because of something with an assistant of his committing suicide. My contact also informed me that he often visits the university grounds, looking for new assistants and to purchase large quantities of reagents from the talismonger there. As for our course of action, I'll send out a spirit to the boat to do some astral recon for us before we go in ourselves."

Käse sat up on the bed, his eyes losing focus. He started mumbling something unintelligible and made some small movements with his hands. A forceful spirit of air appeared beside him in astral space.

Gusty, I wish for you to go to this place and report back to me what you have seen on the astral. Take note of things like watcher spirits, awakened persons and critters, wards, barriers, active spells and patrolling spirits. Käse sends a strong mental image of the boat to the spirit of air. Having understood his orders the spirit shoots away to do his masters bidding.

"Okay, spirit is on his way. Now I'm hungry, anyone else wants something?"

He stands up and walks into the small kitchen to get some food. From behind the counter he continues.

I'd also very much like to pay a visit to the talismonger at the university. They will probably be able to tell us a bit more about our target, his assistants and practices. But we'll do that after we've had some fun in the VIP lounge." He grins at Schöner. "As for preparations, I've got a small Streetline Special I can tuck away wherever, though hiding the small cannon I've got in this bit of chrome might be a bit difficult." He holds up his right arm "But I guess I'll worry about that when we get there. Maybe when we go in one of you 'trix jockeys can spoof their detection devices? Either way, when the drek hits the fan I'll always be ready to sling a fireball or two. I'd like to wait for my spirit to return, when he gets back I'll be ready to go. Shouldn't take very long."

[spoiler]Summoning spirit of air, force 5: 11d6t5 3

Spirit of air resist: 5d6t5 2

Drain resist: 11d6t5 4

Knowledge test Rhine-Ruhr-megaplex for creating a mental image of the boat for the spirit: 12d6t5 6
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <09-20-16/0544:22> »
The air spirit reported back almost as fast as he has been sent out:
'Master, the boat is protected by a strong mana barrier on the upper deck - both on the astral and the mundane. I also count six strong watchers flying above the ship and deterring intruders.'

« Last Edit: <09-21-16/0248:20> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <09-20-16/1327:04> »

Something with Franck went wrong. " Well, shit happens. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not compromised yet.."
Moving as he belonged here, he started to look for a book.

[spoiler]Running silent, I'd like to run a Matrix Perception to find the Icon of the file with the records of students, and to know if it's protected and has Data Bombs on it.
Matrix Perception inside the Host: 10d6t5 5
Assuming it's a protected file, I'll spend a Free Action reconfiguring my deck: A 4/S 5/D 3/F 2(3) and unloading my Agent, leaving an open program slot, and then attempt to crack it:
Cracking the file: 11d6t5 3
Then, with my second Free Action (Perfect Time) I reconfigure again my deck: A 2/S 3/D 5(6)/F 4(5), and I load Toolbox.
Eventually Disarming Data Bomb: 10d6t5 5
To copy it on my deck: Edit File: 10d6t5 2
Second Chance on edit file: 8d6t5 4
(So 6 successes, I keep all of them)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-20-16/1334:55> by Haywire »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <09-21-16/0257:55> »
The search for the file was quick and with no more problems done than to crack a mid range commlink.
Barely a minute after he had logged in, Waywalker was done:
Addresses and file of the two girls were safely stored on his deck.

A quick browse through it's contents revealed that they indeed had lodgings within the Landhut building. According to the file they hadn't been home for two days and before that had been absent for four. Before that they had been home practically every evening. A note told you that both had missed several courses and a mid term test. Both had called in sick, but had given no doctors note.
More important both the girls commlink numbers were in the file.

[spoiler]
I'm lazy and it's not that important,
so I'm just buying successes for the defenses and you get your data without problems.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix