NEWS

Panzerknacker [OOC]

• 355 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #210 on: <02-03-17/2233:07> »
Hey Jack, I am really sorry, but my world has gotten crazy and the time I thought I had to play I don't anymore and what time I do have I have got to give to the game I am running.  Feel free to NPC, geek or replace Flatline on the crew.  If things improve for me I will let you know.

Sorry guys, I will be following still, it has been a fun read if nothing else :)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #211 on: <02-04-17/0246:41> »
Thanks for letting us know! I met a whole bunch of guys who just left without a note. I'm sad to hear that, but I thank you for telling us honestly.
And I hope your world got awesome-crazy, not terrible-crazy ;)
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #212 on: <02-04-17/0707:41> »
@Crossbow
Thanks for the heads-up, best of luck with your RL. I'll keep Flatline around in the NPC collection just in case.

But I'm getting the impression I might be overtaxing you with that much operational freedom, since you seem to be a bit paralyzed by all the available options (if that's not the case, please correct me)

So if you need some inspiration how to tackle this, just say so  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #213 on: <02-04-17/0953:54> »
Crossbow sorry to see you go, I am happy with the intel I think we can figure out one way or another to gain accesss to the item. Either as a prostitute or perhaps in some other manner. I was thinking of going in the meat to the place just in case she gets stuck inside the ward.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #214 on: <02-06-17/0428:13> »
@Jack in the case that it is magic + charisma (sorry wasn't around a book)  - can I assume that Yael augmented her charisma instead?
(her magic is 5 so the number of dice remains).

What are the consequences of her failure? can she try again? Is the ward owner alarmed?
If she can try again and have not raised alarm she will:
try again (-2): 12d6t5 1
(and likely fail again - we'll need a new way to look inside - I do not believe that it is such a high priority scout anyhow.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #215 on: <02-06-17/0503:11> »
Yeah, no problem to change, but the failure will alert the mage and the watcher will try to catch your signature, so she probably should start to erase her signature and quickly leave (after dispatching the watcher)
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #216 on: <02-06-17/0640:33> »
Anything to roll? Can't the watcher be handled by Flatline with influence (or even confusion) spirit powers ?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #217 on: <02-14-17/0919:19> »
You might have missed it in my post:

Zola gets new girls all the time. Eve is no exception, he is meeting her for the first time.

The SOK has to be:
- Photographed
- made an imprint from
- placed on the sensor (Mike and Kite can build one within a day)

But just to be clear: If you want to replace Eve you either have to:
- Bribe the girl
- Snatch her just before the meet, replace her and afterwards have her have an "accident" (Schmitt would frown at that very, very much)
- Discreetly cancel the booking for Eve by hacking her and the Host
- Another clever option I haven't thought off
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #218 on: <02-15-17/0816:58> »
Keep some roles here:
Improve intuition:
Improve Intuition: 15d6t5 5
drain: 10d6t5 3
Disguise:
Disguise: 15d6t5 3

Not the brightest roll but passes threshold 2.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #219 on: <02-17-17/0802:59> »
Yeah, no problem.

In other news, I'd like you to present you with a new house rule: Back ground count no longer reduces dicepools but instead decreases limits.

What do you think about this both as magic users and mundanes?

talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #220 on: <02-17-17/1449:08> »
I am fine with it, it has some benefits for Adepts - and perhaps makes Yael's health spells more powerful.  On the other hand, if it stacks with the reduced force of spells by BGC then a BGC of 2 means that you can only cast F5+ spells.  --> but I am 100% on board with any house rule you feel is necessary.
« Last Edit: <02-17-17/1451:56> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #221 on: <02-17-17/1555:15> »
Not necessarily "necessary", but reading about the discussion made me realize how arbitrary it actually is for BC you are aligned to to raise your limit but un-acclimated one to lower your dice pool.

This change replaces the other effects as well: Sustained spells are temporarily reduced in their effectiveness (until you leave the BC again) likewise quickened spells.

And of course, Reagents can be used to counteract the effects...

talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #222 on: <02-19-17/0209:22> »
reading about which discussion? I'd like to read arguments for both sides before I utter an opinion
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #223 on: <02-19-17/0505:00> »
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #224 on: <02-19-17/1042:17> »
I'd be happy to try it. As a matter of fact, I'm considering using it also for my RL group. We're playing a bunch of Aztechnology Corporate Security agents in the Yucatán war right before the big earthquake happened. Since there's terror and cruelty all over the place, massive pollution and chemical destruction, and the meanest magic in the 6th world, I went for a more or less global background count of 3 to 6. Which sucks a lot, considering that we consist of two mages and a shapeshifter. It basically made playing nigh impossible.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"