Shadowrun Play > Shadowrun: Anarchy

My Input on Anarchy

<< < (2/4) > >>

grauetheorie:

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---Using body parts of dead kings for measurement is a thing of the past.

--- End quote ---

qft

Patrick Goodman:
I don't suppose we could shut this argument down now, could we? Or at least take it elsewhere?

jim1701:

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---
--- Quote from: Shadowjack on ---It would also be nice if the average height and weight for races were included in the book. Previous editions had this but SR5 didn't iirc. It would be nice too if feet and pounds were used instead of kilograms and meters. I always found that strange that a Seattle based game is using meters and kilograms.

--- End quote ---

No. No. No.
Learn the metric system - like the rest of the civilized world. This is not an USA centric game. The USA don't exist anymore. Using body parts of dead kings for measurement is a thing of the past.

--- End quote ---

+1 from an American that has lived in Europe long enough to be really tired of not having the metric system at home. 

Carmody:

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---Using body parts of dead kings for measurement is a thing of the past.

--- End quote ---

+1
You're right Patrick, we will not close this argument here, but this was worth reading, and worth the off-topic imho  ;D ;D

Back on topick, Thanks ShadowJack for this feedback, I'm look forward for the final version

ByteStorm:
I haven't had a chance to test Anarchy myself yet and I don't have access to the prototype, but I've listened to the actual play on the arcology podcast and one thing got me worried.

The edge mechanics were described as follows:

You can use Edge to either:

A) Pre-Edge: count 4s as hits too
B) Post-Edge: reroll failures

Now A) doesn't seem to make sense, as long as you're using fair dice, since it provides no benefit over B).

The probablities for a success on a single dice are:

A) 1/2
B) 1 - (1 - 2/6) = 5/9 > 1/2  (it's the same as not rolling 2 failures in a row)

Also with option B) you've get the chance of choosing not to use edge, if the number of successes on the initial roll is already high enough, so you may also use less edge...

IMHO there is no point in offering a option that is worse in all regards (except maybe for people with 4 as lucky number).

So if my limited information on this topic is correct, this should be improved...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version