NEWS

I think the tech level might be there....Exo-7

• 16 Replies

Czar Eggbert

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <11-14-16/1330:24> »
The thrust and fuel issue has been figured out today. Take a look at this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKRxsNyOho

This is a hover board using today's technology. I think that you may be able to adapt that, +70 years of research into materials and electronics, into a cybernetic winged suit. Probably using a carbon nanofiber  exoskeleton.  With adaptive wings. I would make it require a pilot rating of 4 and rigger interface. Maybe a 1 hour tops flight time, with a low power glider mode that will allow for 150% flight time. Give it a high maneuverability and a carrying capacity of 400 lbs.  Wingspan would need to be at least 14 feet in glider mode. but collapsible to 10 feet in powered flight mode.

-Eggy

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #16 on: <11-14-16/1405:19> »
Not the samething as what he is asking for...

That uses a turbine system and uses air flow to power the flight, thus limiting your height to a few dozen meters off the surface. (After that you have no column of air to hold you vertical, and you fall.)

He is looking for something that provides its own thrust for high aerial flight like from the Captain America movies...

Hovering and flight rely on two different principles.... flight requires thrust either from a burned fuel, or from constant air pressure (prop propeller/rotory system) hover requires force directed off a surface, such as land/water.

And also remember, SR tech diverged from our technology around 1989. Things WE have, SR never developed, and vice-versa.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.