NEWS

[OOC] Missions 2 - Parliament of Thieves

• 330 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #15 on: <01-15-11/0742:34> »
I assume it is something you'd put on your generally accessible facebook profile.
It's probably more than that. As for Stryker, it's "Griffin McManus, Independent Magical Consultant'. He's operating in active mode, knowing that his employer will know whom to look for. Obviously, his fake SIN is an adult one, and the license he's got is for the Colt Manhunter only. He took some time to re-paint the SnS and EX-Ex ammo to look like regular ones, just in case. He's posing as an Awakened non-spellcaster, with Astral Perception only, which probably doesn't need any license.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #16 on: <01-15-11/0817:53> »
That's certainly depending in who you ask. Not everyone is willing to broadcast his name and SIN even the fake one.
Still you might want to know that within pueblo borders it is illegal to carry weapon larger then personal defense ie. Up to and inluding light pistol. I'm not sure if Manhunter fits in and if not it'd be difficult to explain how you got the license for it.
Last point. Awakened of every kind and scale is licensed. But in this case its perfectly legal.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #17 on: <01-15-11/0840:48> »
Well, I'm an Independent Magical Consultant. That can get me in trouble with full-awakened, and i carry the gun for self-defense, as it's stated in the License. Usually magical threats are hard to stop with even a heavy pistol, so it's plausible and reasonable. Also, broadcasting his data openly means he can get legal, semi-legal, or entirely illegal work any time, if someone notices it, or looks for someone to help with Awakened matters.
As for his Awakened status, for now he worked in the Barrens - he got the SIN and License recently, and he didn't really know where he was going, so he's not fully prepared. A nosy mage can look at his aura and notice it's stronger than it should be for an 'Peeping Tom' adept. And the spell he's sporting at the moment would give him away instantly. He just didn't think of it yet. :P
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-15-11/0852:48> »
Just in case I wasn't clear. You carry a fun that is illegal here and you publicly broadcast yo have a license for illegal weapon. Either you have greater cohonnes than average bear or your daddy is important. Its a bluff cause you have a FAKE sin and FAKE license. Just hope nobody tries to check that bluff.

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #19 on: <01-15-11/0854:48> »
No, i don't broadcast the license. That would be stupid. I just broadcast my fake SIN data, the license is attached to my SIN, but most people can't find it, because that needs either special privileges (security and police forces scanning), or hacking.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <01-15-11/1117:34> »
My commlink runs my fake-SIN Henry Gandric and Merc license, Living Persona is in hidden to avoid persecution.

Also my bad, i've re-read the Matrix perception test stuff, Igot 2 hits so i get 2 choices from

• Access ID of a user or independent agent
• Alert status of node
• Edit date of a file
• Function of a control icon
• Hidden access to another node
• Matrix damage taken by icon
• Presence of a data bomb
• Programs run by persona or agent
• Rating of one Matrix attribute
• Type (file, user, agent, program type, etc.)
• Whether a file or node is encrypted
• Whether a Trace is running
Anniversary, page 228

So I'll ask for his access ID and System rating

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <01-15-11/1122:22> »
Semtinemodo, answered your PM's, but let me know if you need page numbers or explainations and such. None of my gear is ground breaking with the exception of the empathy software which adds its rating to social tests...which is why I also got the micro camera all jazzed up. The thermo on the camera also adds to the lie detection software (+2 bonus to the rating).

You might also notice that he is a capable, although not deadly hand to hand fighter built upon reacting to a bad situation (ala counter strike) if it arises.

And, how does one link the invisible castle rolls to the thread. I'm old and new to play by post...'damn thinky box confounds the hell outta me' lol

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <01-15-11/1124:20> »
system 3...Novatech Navi, if you were referring to mine....access Id, well thats just an alpha numeric string correct?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-15-11/1134:13> »
paste the BBcode into the thread.

Yeah its just code but with it i can use spoof =P

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <01-15-11/1144:37> »
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2841373/

this is my roll...and a test to see if I can follow instructions

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <01-15-11/1146:00> »
mmmmm nope lol but 2 sucesses on firewall.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <01-15-11/1155:46> »
Dont worry, the matrix perception isnt an opposed test

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <01-15-11/1159:07> »
Boer. You have briliant opportunity to roleplay your prejudice and first impression ;) given the BP values I'd sAy that prejudice wins.

Denver Missions
running 13

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <01-15-11/1201:42> »
on whom? and I need to make composure rolls...i'm a closet humanis lol

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner