NEWS

Community Work Pinned Thread?

• 3 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <06-24-16/1103:17> »
Had some great work from the community get posted recently...thinking about trying to capture in a pinned thread for future reference. I don't think this will overlap with the intent of the SR5 Wiki, but wanted to put it our there for opinions.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <06-25-16/0240:29> »
As long as it goes up with an "unvetted and unofficial" disclaimer, I personally don't have an issue with the idea.

I'm not one who would use it much myself, but even I have to admit we have some creative minds in our midst. Might as well gather it all into one area :D

Maybe even do a group of them? Weapons, gear, Plots and Hooks, etc?
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-25-16/1421:10> »
Had some great work from the community get posted recently...thinking about trying to capture in a pinned thread for future reference. I don't think this will overlap with the intent of the SR5 Wiki, but wanted to put it our there for opinions.

My initial reaction: Yes!
Secondary reaction: "what is meant by 'work from the community', what all is included in that?"

Here's my devil's avocationaling of the idea (assuming I'm in the ballpark for what you mean):

1. Cross posting: I'm assuming the pinned thread would be the standard; 1st entry is a compiled updated list of the things (with links) and the following posts would people submitting their things for the list...which would essentially be a cross post from the primary post in the forum that it belongs in (GM Toolbox, Character Creation & Critique, Rules & Such, Fan Fiction, etc.). Would commentors be told to only comment in the primary post's forum (to reduce clutter in the compiled thread) or would the people submitting things need to go back and forth to see if they need to answer questions about their work?

2. The Task: Someone would have to do it, maintain the thread's list indefinitely (probably not an issue, but still a thing to consider).

3. Range & Breadth: What all is included, what won't be included; will it be completely open or will someone be vetting the submissions based on some standard or rules? And I would suggest that people have to submit the work to the Community Creation's thread (instead of having someone have to go through all the old posts...unless someone has the time and desire :) ).

Those are the questions that popped into my head (assuming I understand what you mean).

But I love the idea of a master list of community work, from videos, wikis, programs/apps, & podcasts to artists and cartographers to plot hooks, NPCs, gear, and so on.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-26-16/0740:42> »
There is a Play Aid thread around here that I've personally plundered.  And a handy collection of links for new players or new GMs would likely get used.

The in character AMAs done by the Freelancers over on Reddit should probably be gathered together before they disappear  : )