NEWS

Curiosity on 'Ware

• 9 Replies

dluxcru

• Newb
« on: <05-31-16/0208:58> »
So I've been browsing through Chummer looking at cyberware quite a bit of seems to be from Chrome Flesh, which I don't have, but some in particular got me curious about what they actually do.

Some were in the bodyware category.

Active Hardwires
Move-by-Wire System
Magnetic System
Essence Hole/Antihole (I'm figuring this one was just Chummer's way of tracking lost (and somehow regained?) Essence?)

I was also curious about quite a few of the genemods.
[spoiler]
Adapsin
Dareadrenaline
Doubel Elastin
Hyper Glocagon
Magnasense
Masque
Metaposuer
Myostatin Inhibitor
Narco
Neo-EPO
PuSHed
Qualia
Reakt
Solus
Shuffle
Solus
Synch
Vasocon

[/spoiler]
I don't need the exact rules or anything, but I am curious enough to ask for a general description on some of these.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <05-31-16/0337:54> »
So I've been browsing through Chummer looking at cyberware quite a bit of seems to be from Chrome Flesh, which I don't have, but some in particular got me curious about what they actually do.

Some were in the bodyware category.

Active Hardwires
Move-by-Wire System
Magnetic System
Essence Hole/Antihole (I'm figuring this one was just Chummer's way of tracking lost (and somehow regained?) Essence?)

I was also curious about quite a few of the genemods.
[spoiler]
Adapsin
Dareadrenaline
Doubel Elastin
Hyper Glocagon
Magnasense
Masque
Metaposuer
Myostatin Inhibitor
Narco
Neo-EPO
PuSHed
Qualia
Reakt
Solus
Shuffle
Solus
Synch
Vasocon

[/spoiler]
I don't need the exact rules or anything, but I am curious enough to ask for a general description on some of these.

Move by Wire System is complex skill wire/initiative enhancer, that comes in several stages. There is a large debate on if it is worth the cost....

Essence Hole: this comes from when you have cyberware installed and then removed....

For example:
You get a Cyber arm for 1 essence, leaving you with a total of 5 essence left. (6-1)
Later on, you decide to upgrade the same arm to a Delta model with costs .5 essence instead of 1....
You now have an essence of 5 (0.5) <or however they denote it>  YOU NEVER GAIN BACK ESSENCE!!! *
however, later on, you decide you want a datajack, which costs 0.5 essence..... You use up the amount in your "hole" first, which in this case is 0.5.
So your essence after the datajack is 5.0 still.

Instead of a datajack, you decided to get your other arm replaced, which costs 1 essence... well, you still use up your "hole" as much as you can before you move on to your essence.
SO, your Essence would be 4.5 after the second cyberarm. (5 + (0.5)-1 = 4.5)

++++++

This matters for characters that are heavily modified by cyber, bio or gene ware, because if your essence hits 0.00 you die. (Game over).
The tracking of a the essence hole allows the modified character to slowly replace essence costly (but money cheap) modifications with more Essence friendly (but EXPENSIVE) upgrades, AND add to their collection of modifications (within limits).
Thus, a character can start with a lets say Wired Reflexes 1, then after he has the money he can upgrade to Wired Reflexes 2 without paying the full essence cost of both Wired Reflexes 1 AND 2... (he basically ends up just paying for the essence cost of the Wired Reflexes 2).

* There is/was a Genemod that allowed you re convert an essence hole to Full Essence. But it was Costly (tens of thousands), lengthy (took MONTHS) and very hard to get..... AKA out of reach of just about everyone but a select few. And I am not sure if it has come over to 5e or not. (Might have been lost in the CFD meltdown)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-31-16/0948:39> »
* There is/was a Genemod that allowed you re convert an essence hole to Full Essence. But it was Costly (tens of thousands), lengthy (took MONTHS) and very hard to get..... AKA out of reach of just about everyone but a select few. And I am not sure if it has come over to 5e or not. (Might have been lost in the CFD meltdown)
It's there, in Chrome Flesh, pg 157 - Revitalization, regenerates essence at 0.1 essence per treatment, which takes a month (but only 7 days in the clinic), and costs 110,000 nuyen. Cannot restore essence form impants or treatments that are still in place, or gene therapies. (which effectively caps use of Leonization.

dluxcru

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-31-16/1450:11> »
So move-by-wire is like skillwires and wired-reflexes put together? What about active hardwires?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #4 on: <05-31-16/1457:40> »
It's there, in Chrome Flesh, pg 157 - Revitalization, regenerates essence at 0.1 essence per treatment, which takes a month (but only 7 days in the clinic), and costs 110,000 nuyen. Cannot restore essence form impants or treatments that are still in place, or gene therapies. (which effectively caps use of Leonization.

I am so far behind in my SR readings its not funny...

2016 is the year of the technical update, and thus I have been stuck reading the newly adopted building, mining, electrical and mechanical codes.

And sadly they have removed all the sharp objects from the office, so I can't gouge out my own eyes...........
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

adzling

« Reply #5 on: <05-31-16/1534:00> »
active hardwires are single-skill systems that can hold a single activesoft.

no skillwires or skilljack needed!

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-01-16/0052:02> »
So move-by-wire is like skillwires and wired-reflexes put together? What about active hardwires?

Budget Skillwires that can are given a single skillsoft when implanted that can't be changed out. Low cost, low use, but great if you need a bunch of people to have, say, "Assemble Ares Consumper Products aLink 4" for a dirt-cheap assembly line. Also handy to give Warren Wageslave Pistols 3 and Stealth 3 for when he ditches the corporate life and hits the shadows. Not great, but it'll keep him alive until he learns on his own. :)

dluxcru

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <06-01-16/0205:11> »
So that answers a few of my questions - still curious about Magnetic System, and the following genemods:

Adapsin
Dareadrenaline
Doubel Elastin
Hyper Glocagon
Magnasense
Masque
Metaposuer
Myostatin Inhibitor
Narco
Neo-EPO
PuSHed
Qualia
Reakt
Solus
Shuffle
Solus
Synch
Vasocon

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-01-16/0332:20> »
???
If you own the Books, go and read them.
If you don't own the Books, go buy them.
Don't rely on Chummer ! It's just a helping tool !
You have to know the Basics yourself

I doubt this forum is there to teach you every little nitbit of Equipment.
I'm sure we will all like to help you if You have  any questions( Once you know what You're asking about ! ), but we ain't a substitution for the Books.
I really don't want to say/write : rtfm , because thats rude and inapropriate, but basically it is an advice for your own good: read the books/rules first
AND
If you read the Rules yourself you'll become more confident .
If we tell you every tiny little detail you'll never stop asking because you'll never become proficient

with a Basic Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <06-11-16/0618:17> »
I'll say what Medicineman didn't want to.

RTFM. Seriously. That's a shit-ton of  information you're asking for, and quite simply, you should go pay for the product if you're that interested.