NEWS

White Hats [Wetwork, Inc. IC]

• 72 Replies

Blueclaws

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <05-04-16/0023:23> »
Robin sat quietly as the rest of the team asked their questions and the Johnson laid out the rest of his information for the job. His commlink buzzed silently a few times and Robin quickly sends out a reply to the rest of the team <<Based on what I can sense from this guy and what Piatek is saying, I don’t see anything really out of the ordinary at this point at least, it all seems to check out. However I would imagine that these guys know they are being watched, so watch your backs.  I need to grab a few things from my place before I head over.>>

Satisfied with what they were able to gather at the meet, Robin stands nods to the Johnson. “Piatek, we’ll be in touch.”
With that Robin heads out and hops on his bike he makes his way back to grab the rest of his gear for the run before heading out to meet up with the rest of the team nearby the target location. “That Johnson seemed to check out, but something still seems off, but then again when does it feel right in this line of work? I wonder if this just a couple rival decker gangs that are looking to edge out the competition permanently. Hmm I guess if you’re a wiz decker getting that much cash wouldn’t be too hard. Oh well I guess we will see.” 
« Last Edit: <05-04-16/1534:29> by Blueclaws »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-05-16/0014:18> »
[OOC: Going to move things along for now, Chip can ask additional questions later if he wants.]
Wetwork, Inc. adjourns their little board meeting and leaves The Smoking Mug behind. Fenris and Kynos head straight to the target. KE, understandably, gives them no trouble whatsoever as they exit Touristville and enter the Barrens proper. Meanwhile, Chip, Robin and Hawkeye return to their respective domiciles to pick up some necessary equipment. Not everybody can travel as light as their more eager comrades, after all.

Robin and Chip
Your trip home is uneventful. With no clear deadline provided by the Johnson, you know you have all the time you want to check over, clean and pack your gear. [OOC: Feel free to bring whatever gear you want to the mission site. Post a loadout either in the IC thread as a spoiler or in the OOC thread.]

Hawkeye
As above, but on the drive home you receive a message from your Vory handler. You bring it up as a small ARO in the corner of your eye as you the navigate the streets on your bike, weaving through traffic and reading the message in snatches at red lights. <<Red Wormz? They're still around? I commission work one time from a kid, smart trog... net smart troll kid. He said he was with the Red Wormz, I figured it was just some neighborhood street gang pushing BTLs on a street corner or two. That was the first I ever heard of these Red Wormz... and you asking is the second.>> . Here your handler inserted a small .GIF of pop sensation Erwina Stout shrugging. <<Brain Eaters are occasional business associates, please don't kill too many Brain Eaters. But these Red Wormz, I don't know about them or any meat, beef or otherwise, they might have with the BEs. Do what thou wilt, though, орлиный глаз. This drek is frankly below your pay-grade, in my opinion.>>

Kynos and Fenris
Kynos and Fenris roar through the streets of Redmond on their twin Yamaha Growlers. As they hit the rubble field near their target, it's hard not to be a bit cowed by the desolation. The ruins certainly don't seem fresh; it looks something terrible happened here years ago, and nobody bothered to rebuild. The off-road bikes handle the rugged terrain handily, though.

Eventually they arrive at what GridGuide claims is "897 Echo Market Lane," whatever that is. What you see is mostly empty rubble fields and overgrown, vacant and bulldozed lots for about three square blocks. Rising above the rubble are a few lone surviving buildings. One is the crumbling former department store you immediately recognize from the Johnson's photographs. It's small and squat and teeming with squatters. You can see the the beat-up Toyota Gopher from the Johnson's data file, too, parked along the western wall. On the lower floor, the southern and eastern walls slouch into the neighboring lot on the east and the badly damaged street to the south. On the other side of the street stands another survivor, a black sliver of char stretching toward the sun. A burned out tenement building, three stories tall, and potentially offering an excellent line of sight to the rubble-strewn department store across the street.

Kynos keeps watch on the corner of "Echo Market Lane" and some other formerly residential street while Fenris buzzes the two buildings on his Growler.  He keeps a safe distance, and none of the roughly three dozen metahumans milling about the lower floor of the bombed out department store react to him. Most of them seem to be troll and ork squatter families, and about half of them are all busy toiling at... something. His cursory surveillance confirms the Johnson's info.  Second story is largely intact, has a damaged-looking fire escape on the west side, a large panel window on the south side facing the street and the opposite building, and two smaller windows (about two feet by two feet) on the west side, both with access to the fire escape. From this vantage, Fenris could only assume the roof matched the pictures: flat with some ancient-looking air conditioners and heaps of garbage on top.

Across the street, the tenement had clearly seen heavy fire damage at some point in the past. There were no lights inside or other obvious signs of habitation, though the presence of crude blockades constructed of concrete blocks, shopping carts, and metal debris blocking some entrances suggested the presence of squatters. Some doors were intact, and had either old-style mechanical locks or rigid plastic maglock covers.  The building itself is largely scorched concrete (not plasticrete) with badly melted plastic paneling on its exterior in patches.  In the few portions intact enough to detect the pattern, the original plastic coating was apparently designed to look like wood.

[spoiler]Possible means of ingress into the burned-out tenement: a blockaded entrance on the west and east, a maglock-equipped entrance on the south, and three separate double-doors into what's obviously a foyer-type area from the north (facing the street). The three front doors are old school mechanical locks, using the Locksmith skill. Maglock requires hardware to remove the outer casing, followed by Locksmith, or some type of gadget or gizmo to get you through.The surface is weathered enough that simply scaling it would be possible if you just wanted roof access, but it would be a difficult Threshold.

Those of you that went to pick up gear, feel free to write yourselves as arriving at the mission site. You don't encounter any trouble unless you try to bring a live nuke or something ridiculous.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-05-16/0023:35> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-05-16/0815:08> »
Kynos was well outside the 100m that allowed matrix users to see you with knowing what to look for. Still, his gear ran silent and he took care to keep the firewall on its highest settings - even if that meant to manually acknowledge quite a lot of security pop ups.
Looking over to the building he made a few mental notes about the layout. It would be interesting to learn what Fenris found. He pinged the adept's micro transceiver:
"All clear on my position. As far as I can make out there are no visible guards stationed on the roof or on the ground. Lot of orks, waiting for nightfall to get in undetected won't do us much good that way. How does the back side look? Any good way up to the roof? Might be preferable than to work our way through those squatters."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-05-16/0911:57> »
"Echo Lane. What a dump" Fenris thought to himself as he drove past the burned out husk a building on his left and his target on the right. There were people milling about on the ground floor, but they all seemed like squatters to him.

The structure to the south of the target building seemed like a perfect vantage point to confirm the surveillance they had received from the Johnson, so he quickly made his way west, then south again until he reached a suitable spot a block further south of the tenement building. Stashing his bike in the shade, out of sight from the nearest street, he slipped out of his racing leathers and put them in the saddlebag of his Growler. He checked that he had all the necessary gear on him for a quick jaunt into a potentially locked structure, and switched off all of his wireless comms except the micro-transceiver.

"Kynos, no visual on the north side of the target building yet. Moving out to the building to the south of our target structure. Comms check before entering and upon reaching vantage point."

Slipping into the shadows of nearby structures, he carefully surveyed his surroundings for potential traps and critters that could give his location away before moving forward. The gravel underneath his feet didn't even rustle as he quickly moved north, approaching his objective from cover. The door on the south side of the building seemed solid, so he grabbed his endoscope and slipped the flexible myomeric cable under the door to get a better view of the inside. Satisfied that he'd seen all he could, he nonetheless moved to both the east and west corners for a similar visual inspection, then returned to the maglock on the south door.

He easily slipped the case off the lock, then expertly rewired the lock internals until he heard the barely audible click of the lock disengaging. He slipped the casing back on the lock so it would stand up to a casual visual inspection, then tapped his micro-transceiver twice to indicate to Kynos that he was ready to make entry into the tenement building.
« Last Edit: <05-05-16/1302:36> by Herr Brackhaus »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-05-16/1602:48> »
"Acknowledged. Happy hunting"
Kynos didn't bother to try to spot the Adept. Instead he kept an eye on the people visible around the building, looking for changes in the dynamic that indicated that someone had noticed danger or a predator in their midst.

[spoiler]
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement: 10d6t5 3 [10d6t5=5, 2, 4, 5, 5, 4, 2, 2, 3, 4]

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

Blueclaws

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <05-05-16/1942:54> »
The trip back to the warehouse flat was uneventful, gliding smoothly around traffic as he rode careful to keep it low key; he wasn’t in that much of a rush. Robin particularly liked riding it helped him focus and clear his head at times, but riding in Seattle was a lot different from San Francisco. He missed the warmer weather that came with living in California. That was a price you paid at times though for doing this particular line or work.

As he made his way inside the warehouse he went over again what gear he was planning on taking with him, he didn’t really have much in the way of gear so the packing list was fairly small. A good pistol served its purpose in a pinch though; it also could make a very visceral statement when pointed at someone. Magicians could be scary but a gun pointed at someone’s head was a little more real to some. Robin begins getting all his gear together for the run, then pauses briefly remembering Kynos wanted pepper-punch mini-grenades and makes a mental note to grab a couple en-route.

He quickly finished packing up what he needed and made his way back down to his bike and made for the target site, making sure to change his gear’s settings to wireless off, with the exception of his commlink and contacts, which he flipped to silent and maxed the firewall. These were deckers after all, wouldn’t want to need a gun only to find it’s a glorious paper weight at the wrong moment.

Scorchio

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <05-05-16/1953:43> »
Hernandez handed over his burner commlink number and groaned internally Jeez, if the Johnsons are going to start turning up to meets all the time, I see the point of those 20 Nuyen throw-aways, that’s 100 Nuyen’s worth of kit that’s gonna need to be dumped straight after this mission. Live and learn. At least the gen provided in the files painted a more complete picture of what the mission might entail. Once the Johnson was a bit more at ease having dealt with his ‘colleagues’ queries and settled on a price, Hernandez requests some clarifications.

“Good job on the intel and reconnaissance Mr. Johnson, that should help us get things moving along.” 

Kid's green as grass - never hurts to throw out a few platitudes, always kept the officer's straight out of college happy and onside.

"Just a couple of quick points. It would be appreciated if you could stand down any assets you have in the immediate neighbourhood of the target and cease with any further in-situ reconnaisance. We don't want to be tripping up over each other out there do we now? If you do come across any further relevant intel through your contacts or matrix presence, it would be appreciated if you would pass that along via Mr. Piatek. Finally, I'm checking my mapsoft as we speak, but unable to pinpoint this location - it's pointing me over towards Shoreline, and that's definitely not right now is it! From the pictures provided it must be further out into the Barrens than Touristville as the buildings are too rundown to be around here. ..... OK thanks." With that Hernandez settles back in his seat.

Taking in the various comm messages flying back and forth as the meet wraps up, Hernandez rolls his eyes behind his glasses. What's with these guys, bull in a china shop or what?, do they think they're gonna get this all done this afternoon or something?. Before launching into the team chat, Hernandez pings his 'Good Friend' using the DNI on his embedded commlink. <<Would be useful if you could provide any local knowledge you have on the gang situation out in this area, I guess these Red Wormz dudes are more or less squatting on some bigger fish's turf - want to avoid unnecessarily fighting on two fronts once the drek hits the fan if at all possible, or at least know what might come crawling out of the woodwork once your guys here start World War III.>>

As the party breaks up around him, Hernandez sends out a teamwide comm <<I've got to head back down to Auburn to pick up the rest of my gear. If you guys are heading straight out on recon, I'll plan on spelling you out there around an hour after sunrise tomorrow. I'm still on foot, and don't fancy hoofing through unknown territory in the Barrens in the dead of night unless your requesting emergency back-up. If the kid's intel is even halfway correct, seems like this Troll dude is holed up pretty tight in his lair. Unless a fluke opportunity crops up it's likely to need a couple of days solid recon to finalise a plan - I for one ain't happy relying on Johnson's intel until we've had a good chance to establish it's reliability. See if you can get a handle on the movements on all these squatters that seem to be hanging around the place, and whether there is any dealing going on out of the building - either might be a way to infiltrate in plain-sight. I'll be available on the comm until sunrise tomorrow, then go dark. I'll ping you guys on the radio on approach - channel 578 like last time, right?>> If there are no discenting voices Hernandez bugs out with the others and heads uptown in the direction of Redmond Way and walks up over towards the intersection with 148th Ave NE. Touristville is in it's tacky element up here, lots of neon lights, hawkers, and a constant AR barrage offering pretty much every service and product under the sun, but overwhelmingly relating to the pleasures of the flesh on offer in the various brothels and 'clubs' that the area is infamous for. Spotting what he is looking for further up the road, he heads into a Nukit Burger on the corner and orders two 'Nuke & Serve' Burritos from the spotty kid behind the counter "and hold the cheese". He chooses a corner booth in the back corner and mentally peruses the files the Johnson had provided in more detail while eating.  After his meal, and using the facilities he heads back out and up towards the row of cubicle hotels that runs down this strip. There's no way I'm hoofing back and forth from Auburn on this job, must be 30km across the Sprawl at least, and that's as the crow flies. I'll spend half my days on fragging buses in that case. The first joint he stops at looks promising, then he notices that the cubicles have the old-style opens outwards style doors, and turns straight round and back out the front entrance. The place next door is not much better, there seems to be a major 'domestic' going on between two different women and the clerk behind the desk No time for spectator sports today, he moves on. The third place meets his basic requirments, and he books a cubicle for the night (but not before checking it out and ensuring the lock works, and wireless signal is decent). With that sorted he retraces his route from this morning, this time using buses the entire way, passing the interminable time reviewing the available material and taking notes of various thoughts and ideas on his commlink. When he arrives at the Sea-Tac Mall he heads in and picks up some needed supplies. An hour later and 105 Nuyen lighter he exits satisfied with his purchases - a 7'x4' waterproof tarpaulin (grey), a basic camping mat, 30' nylon-wrapped clothes line, a pair of wire-cutters, two boxes of NERPS 'cereal' bars and finally a set of 'flats' from the vending machine in the entrance foyer.

He heads the couple of blocks over to Max's Ironworks, but only stops by for ten minutes - enough time to swap some of his day-to-day kit across into his 'work bag' along with his recent purchases (he rolls the tarp and camping mat up neatly and attaches with the external bungees to sit on top). leaving his regular hold-all in his locker, he heads out with his worktools on his back and once more heads back up towards Touristville - this time takes even longer as he is required to make multiple changes to create a bus route that avoids passing through the centre of Downtown and it's associated hyped up security. It's getting dark by the time he reaches his destination. A little surprised not to have heard more from the rest of then team, he repeats his visit to Nukit Burger from earlier in the day, and then heads to his doss to settle in for an early night.  Before drfiting off, he sets his 'link alarm to wake him at 5am, or if any messages arrive via his various communication devices containing any of the usual programmed trigger keywords in the intervening period.

"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
Thoughts

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <05-06-16/2317:55> »
Hernandez
The Johnson shrugs at Hernandez. "Sure, no worries. The plan was always to call my rigger off after I got you guys on the case. And yes, we'll communicate through Piatek. I don't want to know details, though, just let me know when 9-Bit is 0-Bit, okay?"

Robin
On the drive to the mission site, Robin wracks his brain, trying to think of where he can get some pepper punch grenades suitable for a grenade launcher. It was kind of a niche item, and something law enforcement was more likely to use than the underworld. A few specialty gun and ammo stores in the area sold them legit, but the thought of passing that many SIN checks made Robin's stomach do back flips. Not seeing any other concrete options, he sent a quick message to Tachi with the request. Tachi immediately responds:

<<Hey! Yeah... oddly enough I just made a drop of some weapons cargo. I pulled up some jetsam last weekend. KE supply crates, if you can believe it. I've got some ballistic shields and helmets, too, if you're interested. Helmets have the KE logo all over them, though. Where you headed? I can arrange a pick-up for you.>>

It helps to have a friend like Tachi. Robin picks up the package from a scrawny dwarf kid he recognizes from one of the courier services Tachi uses when he's in town. The whole exchange takes less than a minute. Barely a detour as Robin heads to the mission site.

Fenris
Slipping the cable under the door, Fenris can see a small, grubby office. It looks like an active office, too. There's a weird trideo-set / fixed commlink set-up on a plastic desk against the far wall. To the left, a brown armchair. Fenris can't help but notice that there's a shotgun with a faux-wood stock leaning against the armchair. To the right is a bare wall with a plain white standing lamp against it, providing some light to the room. The lamp appears to be powered by a car battery. It's clear somebody just threw down a carpet over the scorched floorboards and started squatting here, but it looks surprisingly nice.

Either way, Fenris doesn't see anyone actually inside, so decides to go ahead and pop the case on the maglock. With the covering out of the way, Fenris can instantly see this is a Reranku Security Systems Secura-Volt. A nice lock, but one he is intimately familiar with. After gently wedging the sharp point of his tool into the correct slot, he severs the battery's connection to the rest of the device. After that it's simply a matter of wrecking the interior enough to get the magnetic current to stop flowing. And of course, once Fenris restores the cover it looks good as new.

He's about to step inside but... then he hears something for the first time. Footsteps. He pulls out his scope again and slides the sensor under the door. It's a weird angle; at first he just sees a giant shadow moving over his field of vision. But then the figure steps away, and he gets a clearer picture as it picks up the shotgun and plops into the armchair. It's a dwarf. A female dwarf, appearing to be in her forties or fifties and wearing a cheap black off-the-rack pant suit. The suit is rumpled and worn, but not dirty. She's also wearing headphones, and as Fenris watches she pulls out a commlink and fiddles with it until the trideo workstation against the far wall begins playing a soap opera. There's no sound though... she's listening to it through her headphones, watching placidly as she strokes the shotty in her lap.

Kynos
Kynos keeps a vigilant watch outside. Nobody across the street at the target site reacts to his presence, and no vehicles approach. It's all quiet outside, though Kynos does notice for the first time a few furtive glances coming from the windows of the tenement buildings. The building's at least partially occupied, but so far it doesn't seem like anybody is coming outside or doing anything obvious about their presence.

Minutes pass, and nothing much happens. Soon, Kynos will hear the roar of Robin's approaching bike, along with those minigrenades he ordered.
« Last Edit: <05-06-16/2328:36> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <05-07-16/0946:04> »
Fenris held perfectly still as the shadow moved past the door, and then watched as the dwarf grabbed the shotgun and settled into her chair. "Damn, she's still got a view of that hallway" he thought as he considered his options.

Deciding that an approach through the ground floor was too risky at this stage, he looped the endoscope around his neck once and rearranged his gecko tape kit by moving the left kneepad to his right elbow. He then stood up and pressed one hand against the wall, testing that the gecko tape was working before slowly making his way up the wall to the second story at a height just  below the window sills. He paused at the first window and looked for an opening big enough for the fiber-optic cable to fit through, then leaned into the wall after ensuring that the slip-on soles as well as left his knee and right elbow was securely attached to the wall. With both hands free, he held the optics of the endoscope in his right hand and used his left to snake the endoscope into the building. He paused long enough to get a good view of the room and mentally created a map of the layout before moving laterally to the next window until he'd surveilled each room of the second story he could get a view into. He then repeated this process for the third floor, and finally made his way to the roof where he paused to look around carefully while listening to the sounds of the city going about its business.

He slowly made his way across the rooftop and went prone for the last few meters to avoid exposing his silhouette to the streets below. The view of the streets and roof of the building across the road was good, but he almost cursed as he realized he couldn't see much of the second story interior. He tapped the micro-transceiver twice more and spoke a few hushed words. "Ground floor no-go; east and west blocked off, south guarded. Rooftop access OK, steep view angle. Checking third floor."

Making his way to the south wall again, he mentally reviewed his options for entry on the third floor before going over the ledge.
« Last Edit: <05-07-16/1145:38> by Herr Brackhaus »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <05-07-16/1108:17> »
[spoiler]Hiding (Sneaking): 12d6t5 3 [12d6t5=3, 3, 2, 2, 6, 3, 1, 4, 2, 3, 6, 5]

[/spoiler]

Kynos made sure his vantage point was well hidden while he waited for the others to appear. It definitely felt as if they were expected. When Robin's icon appeared on his screen he directed him towards his position: <<I'm here behind the burned out Stuffer Shack. Fenris is checking out the building>>
talk think matrix

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <05-07-16/1243:25> »
As Fenris laboriously climbs up the side of the building, he stops every floor to peek into the two closest windows with his scope. Of the four rooms visible, only one is occupied by a slim human in racing leathers, lying on a cot and scrolling through the screen of a cheap commlink. His room is otherwise completely bare. The other three rooms he peeks into are either unoccupied or a little nicer, with some rugs and furnishings thrown in.

The windows on the tenement are an amalgam, suggesting that people have been squatting here awhile and repairing broken windows with whatever is available. A couple are commercial-grade security glass amateurishly caulked in place over the old windowsill. Others are "boarded" up with planks of wood-textured plastic hotglued to the interior walls. Some have had their windows removed entirely, making it pretty effortless to climb in.

After checking out the roof, Fenris begins his climb back down. The top story on the south side has four windows lined up; the middle two are blocked, boarded up with recycled materials, but the one on the far right had no window at all, and having checked it out on his ascent, Fenris knew it was unoccupied. The aperture on the far left appeared to be missing its window, too, though Fenris hadn't bothered peeking into that one yet.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-07-16/1317:28> »
With his sights set on the south-eastern window of the third floor, Fenris slipped across the ledge and made his way to his target and positioned himself upside down above it. He checked the interior through the scope once more to verify that it was still empty, then secured the endoscope inside his suit. He tapped his subvocal twice, then took a deep breath and secured his hands against the wall before pushing off the wall with his feet, using the momentum to vault into the window below. He quickly scanned the interior visually before he moved to the nearest wall and pressed up against it, looking for the best route to the north side and a better vantage point. He slipped the endoscope back out and slung it around his neck once more, and when the opportunity presented itself he cautiously moved out, leaving the door to his entry-point open.

Crossing the east-west hallway took mere seconds, and he quickly moved to inspect each of the four rooms on the north side with the scope.
« Last Edit: <05-07-16/1320:21> by Herr Brackhaus »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-08-16/2050:34> »
Fenris slips into the third story window on the southeastern corner of the building. The room looks like a studio apartment, with a tiny attached bathroom and no other rooms. There's no furnishings in here whatsoever, and it's empty save for the smell of old urine and some fast food wrappers strewn about. The door is locked, but from the inside, so Fenris is free to move into the hall.

Pressing his ear to the doors on against the two apartments on the northwest portion of the hall (Apartments 318 and 316), Fenris doesn't even bother with his scope. He can already tell they're occupied. Loud arguing in Or'zet is audible from 318, while loud synthpop blares from 316 (possible to drown out the loud arguing). The door marked 314 is unlocked, and through his scope Fenris can see another bare apartment like the one he entered, but with a giant gap in the ground that goes all the way into the second floor. The final apartment on the north side, the one far to the east and closest to the fire door by the stairwell is marked 312. This door is locked, but trivially easy for Fenris to open (Rating 1 mechanical lock). Sticking his scope inside and under the door, he can see the apartment is apparently unoccupied. No furniture, no visible people.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <05-08-16/2233:58> »
With nimble and sure movements Fenris quickly bypassed the lock on door 312 and slipped inside and visually inspected the spartan quarters before moving to the window.

The view was better than from the roof, and he settled into a seated lotus to the right of the window, his features hidden in shadow and with a decent view of the building across the road. He subvocalized a brief summary to everyone listening on their pre-defined channel. "Principal OP located, north east corner of tenement building, room 312. Alternate OP on roof. Infiltrate via wall to south-east tenement possible, will investigate eastern fire escape on exfil."

The young man took a deep breath and trained all of his senses on the target building, taking in everything and anything he perceived and committing it to memory.

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <05-09-16/1722:14> »
With the arrival of 8pm Hawkeye wakes up from her nap fully refreshed. "That sleep regulator is probably the best 'ware I ever got, or, at least, it comes in handy the most often." Getting out of bed and stretching, she pings the team to see how the site investigation has progressed. "Sounds like I'm going to be on the outside again on this one; need to get one of those transceivers that Fenris and Kynos use so that I can at least let them know of any trouble happening outside. Wouldn't be an issue if they're stop triggering alarms, but they're always so eager..." Going back over her gear one more time, she decides that if she's going to be inside the tenement, she wont need her ghillie suit, and that makes logistics a whole lot easier. Pulling the rifle out of the duffle bag, she places the parts into the cut foam interior of her briefcase and sets it next to her backpack. "At least I wont have to tote around that big bag, that thing is heavy!" Tying up some lose ends, she responds to Pietr, <<Won't be causing any trouble here, the Brain Eaters are the ones paying for the job. And below my pay grade or not, they're still paying, and you know I need the cash.>>

Picking up her gear and tossing in some soybars and bottled water for good measure, Hawkeye heads out into the night to link up with the rest of the team. A quick stop at an electronics store nets her a micro-transceiver and she promptly pulls cord for the earbud out and puts the rest in her pocket. Once she gets close to the site, she surveys a few nearby blocks and finds an inconspicuous place to park her bike and then continues on foot to Kynos ' location with her gear running silent. Sneaking carefully into position beside him to avoid attracting attention to his hide she realizes she may have been a little *too* cautious when he starts upon noticing her beside him. <<Sorry. Everything still calm over here? Can you link this to your channel?>> She retrieves the transceiver from her pocket and hands it to him. Surveying the site while he does that, she relays a couple observations to the team. <<Looks like a basic run down store... I don't see anything indicating extra security or anything... If the J was really going for overkill, it certainly looks like he's gotten it.>> Retrieving the MT from Kynos, she sticks the mic onto her throat and continues, <<I'm going to proceed up to the room Fenris identified and set up shop. Going in silent, so I'll check for messages every hour in case there's an emergency, otherwise I'll keep an eye on any movement from you guys here.>>

Turning wireless off on all her equipment and lashing the briefcase to her backpack, Hawkeye takes the instructions relayed from Fenris and heads to the south wall of the tenement. Carefully putting on her gekko grips, she scales the wall, pretending that she's following in Fenris' footsteps exactly. Making her way up to the third floor she slips through the window and moves quickly to room 312, finding Fenris still there. Gliding up next to him, she taps him on the shoulder to get him to face her, then sends over the secure channel, "Thanks for finding a good spot. I'm good to go for tonight and tomorrow if you want to continue scouting while it's dark. Kynos wants you to come back by the Stuffer Shack because he's getting bored. I'll be checking messages on the hour once you leave." She watches his lips for any response.

[spoiler]Sneak to join Kynos: 19d6t5 7
Climbing the wall: 7 dice, +2 for assisted climbing, -3 for flat wall, 6 total dice, buy 1 hit per test. (Why is climbing STR based when Gymnastics is AGI? :P[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-09-16/1920:58> by Irn0rchid »