NEWS

Wetwork, Inc. [OOC]

• 196 Replies

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <05-03-16/0058:14> »
A normal glitch on a teamwork test just means you add no dice. Don't need to spend an edge just to add 33% chance of an added success ;)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <05-03-16/0104:25> »
Unless the GM has other ideas
I really don't want to be the one being the reason the Johnson changes his mind and betrays us  ;D
I'll let Bewilderbeast decide if it's necessary
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <05-03-16/0114:06> »
Nah, save your Edge. 7 hits is enough for this guy to basically cough up all he has.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <05-03-16/0724:12> »
Fenris will try to remember anything he might know about the hideout in question and/or the general area it's in. Specifically, he's interested in any other nearby buildings that may be useful as cover for a covert approach, possible blinds for Hawkeye with good visibility into the structure, and any similar details.

I'm assuming that his knowledge skill of Shadow Community (Safehouses) would apply here, and for general information he'll be relying on Area Knowledge: Seattle.
Shadow Community 1 + Safehouses 2 + Intuition 5 [Mental 6]: 8d6t5 1
Area Knowledge: Seattle + Intuition 5 [Mental 6]: 6d6t5 1

Bah, not much to go on. Physical recon it is; once the meet is over he'll head out and make his way to the location indirectly. He'll approach with the sun behind him and idle the last few hundred meters to keep the sound level low. He'll stash the bike and his armored leathers in some sort of concealment roughly 250m out (further if there's no good cover available) before proceeding on foot in the chameleon suit. No electronics will be enabled except the micro-transceiver and even that will be wireless off; this means he's only got a 1km range for communications, but that should be enough for the initial recon action while he waits for the rest of the team to get ready.

ETA:
Bewilderbeast, let me know if you think this is too much gear for carrying in/on my chameleon suit.

Carried in pockets inside the suit:
C-Squared (I figure this is a little squirt/spray bottle like the brothers use in Boondock Saints, for example), Miniwelder, Endoscope, Shock Gloves

Carried/worn externally on the suit:
Remington Suppressor (chameleon coated and holstered in a concealed quick-draw holster, no spare clips), Gecko Tape Gloves (worn), three grenades (flash-bang, smoke, thermal smoke), ceramic knife (holstered in normal sheath)

Worn in addition:
Ballistic Mask, forearm guards (worn underneath chameleon suit)
« Last Edit: <05-03-16/0801:53> by Herr Brackhaus »

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <05-03-16/0959:04> »
Awesome! That's all players accounted for. Blueclaws has some changes to make to his character sheet, but honestly if you guys want to tweak your sheets or anything go ahead. I don't consider characters totally finalized until after the traditional first meet, anyway.

I took advantage of this and shuffled some gear around. Swapped Ambidextrous for Agile Defender. Sheet's updated with the starting Karma/Money/Notoriety (-1 for Blandness)

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <05-03-16/1435:44> »
Irn0rchid: That's fine.

Herr Brackhaus: Also fine. That sounds like a perfectly reasonable amount of gear to have on-hand but I appreciate the heads up.

A bit on the file: I don't want to write out the whole thing, but let me know if you have any questions. In the whole it's clearly pretty extensive but amateurly done.

II'm going to give others a chance to catch up, then we'll close this scene. Hawkeye is grabbing gear from her place, Kynos and Fenris are going to stake it out. Neither of you are familiar with this particular corner of urban dystopia, and the Matrix search turns up nothing of note. I can give results of the Security check once you get on site, or you can make another when you get there. Whatever you prefer.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <05-03-16/1452:24> »
Oh sorry, just realized I forgot to resolve the assensing roll:
-Johnson is mundane.
-He appears to have a datajack behind his left ear and and cybereyes. He also has some internal bioware; a nephritic screen maybe, or some type of digestive system augmentation. Nice quality; everything's roughly alphaware.
-His mood is excited and triumphant. His aura is glowing and undulating in that way they do when major goals or achieved or when somebody's gloating. At least he seems to have faith in you!

Let me know if there's anything specific I missed.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <05-03-16/1503:17> »
Can just reuse that security roll. Figured that matrix search wouldn't help. :P

Any response from the Vory? Need a roll on that? Not sure what to roll with group contacts.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <05-03-16/1533:24> »
Sweet!

Bewilderbeast
I'll let you decide what I need to roll when we get there, but I'm assuming at the very least a Sneaking roll (or two), maybe some climbing or whatever to get into position, a Perception test or five, and some knowledge test related to security design?

Ultimately, Fenris' goals would be twofold; get a closer look at the possible vantage point across the street and observe the target building, and assess the security measures currently in place.

He'd want to case the place for a good hour at least, from the identified vantage point if possible to give Hawkeye an idea of what kind of firing solutions are available from it, as well as from each side of the building.

He'd also want to see if he could recognize any patterns with regards to patrolling. Then, assuming he doesn't see any obvious signs of security that would prevent it, he'd want to sneak up to the roof (keep in mind -4 modifier to hear him due to Traceless Walk and the bit about not setting off ground vibration sensors) to get a closer look.

I do have some questions here. The building is only two stories, but is the roof accessible (i.e. flat) or inaccessible (i.e. angled more like the roof of a house)? Does the fire escape look like it has access to both the ground floor, second floor, and roof (if it's accessible at all)? Any sign of an internal rooftop access from the surveillance data?

This might be more relevant for when we get there, but this is definitely what Fenris would look for; number of entrances (doors, windows, structure that looks weak enough that a good punch would make it yield); security devices (sensors, cameras, locks, tripwires, concertina wires :) ); physical patrols (pattern, timing, whether or not they report in on a schedule); sewer entrances nearby (you never know!).

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <05-03-16/2201:43> »
Can just reuse that security roll. Figured that matrix search wouldn't help. :P

Any response from the Vory? Need a roll on that? Not sure what to roll with group contacts.
I'll reuse your security roll once you get eyes on the place. And no... you haven't received a response from the Vory. No roll necessary, you just haven't received an instantaneous response.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <05-03-16/2204:14> »
Okay, just making sure it didn't get overlooked. :)

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <05-05-16/0030:51> »
Herr Brackhaus, I promise I'm not trying to screw you with the you surveilling the buildings by driving around them thing, just trying to move things along. Your character is smart enough to keep out of sight, and this place is a drekhole but not deserted, and sees people flying through it on vehicles all the time.

Also feel free to go nuts with Perception checks and Knowledge checks and stuff. You can approach the department store first if you really want, though that would require Sneaking or Etiquette rolls or something at the very least. Let me know if I've overlooked anything else, guys.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <05-05-16/0032:51> »
Can keep Hawkeye's IC timeline as written. Hawkeye will respond to the Vory when she wakes up in 3 hours unless the team calls her first. They ran off to do recon, she's going to nap till they're done since there's no known deadline.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <05-05-16/0846:11> »
Herr Brackhaus, I promise I'm not trying to screw you with the you surveilling the buildings by driving around them thing, just trying to move things along. Your character is smart enough to keep out of sight, and this place is a drekhole but not deserted, and sees people flying through it on vehicles all the time.

Also feel free to go nuts with Perception checks and Knowledge checks and stuff. You can approach the department store first if you really want, though that would require Sneaking or Etiquette rolls or something at the very least. Let me know if I've overlooked anything else, guys.
No problemo, that works for me!

Just to make sure I understand the layout, does the attached look about right? Any windows or entrances I've missed on the target building?

Possible means of ingress into the burned-out tenement: a blockaded entrance on the west and east, a maglock-equipped entrance on the south, and three separate double-doors into what's obviously a foyer-type area from the north (facing the street). The three front doors are old school mechanical locks, using the Locksmith skill. Maglock requires hardware to remove the outer casing, followed by Locksmith, or some type of gadget or gizmo to get you through.The surface is weathered enough that simply scaling it would be possible if you just wanted roof access, but it would be a difficult Threshold.
A few clarifications here: Locksmith only uses the Hardware skill when dealing with transponder enabled key locks, reference page 359 of SR5. Everything else is a straight up Locksmith skill test.

For scaling walls it's not so much a threshold as it is a continous success test; effectively, you take your climbing dice pool plus/minus modifiers and roll; the number of hits determine distance for that roll. If you don't mind I'd prefer to buy hits here; I've got Climbing 1 and Strength 4 for a total of 5 dice, plus 2 with Gecko Tape Gloves for a total of 7. Based on your description I'd say the wall either counts as broken (loose stone wall) or flat (brick wall, side of old building); in the latter case the negative dice pool modifier is 3, which means I've got 4 dice, enough to buy a single hit per complex action taken to climb. That translates into 1 meter per complex action, or roughly 2-3 meters per combat turn on average. Since I've got plenty of time I don't see a need to rush it, so buying hits here makes sense to me.

Here's what Fenris will do; park the bike a block away from the burned out tenement building then sneak up to it while looking out for potential traps and other dangers (i.e. critters):
Sneaking 5 + Urban 2 + Agility 7 + Catlike 2 [Physical 8 (10)]: 16d6t5 5 [6, 5, 2, 2, 5, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5, 6, 3, 1, 1, 1]
Perception 5 + Visual 2 + Intuition 5 + Specifically Looking [Mental 6]: 15d6t5 5 [5, 4, 1, 1, 5, 5, 1, 2, 4, 5, 4, 6, 4, 1, 3]
Note: keep in mind the -4 to hear and -2 to smell the character because of Traceless Walk. He's also not dual-natured nor does he have any foci, so he'd look just like a normal mundane on the Astral; I'm assuming you'd allow using the Sneaking skill as normal to avoid Astral Detection (i.e. hiding behind structures that block astral visibility)? I probably won't get any tests against non-materialized Spirits as I can't actually see those, but I should be able to sneak past dual-natured beings like Ghouls as normal.

When he reaches the first floor of the burned out building across the road he'll carefully observe the inside, using the endoscope to gain a better view if necessary. Looking for the presence of living creatures and any potential security features.
Perception 5 + Visual 2 + Intuition 5 + Specifically Looking [Mental 6]: 15d6t5 7 6 [2, 4, 6, 1, 6, 5, 3, 6, 3, 1, 4, 6, 3, 5, 5]
Hit my limit.

If he doesn't see any living metahumans (or dangerous critters), he'll move to unlock one of the doors closest to an interior staircase preferring the south, then east, then west if he can't easily spot an interior staircase. He's essentially looking for a way into the building that'll let Hawkeye move in and set up a blind without having to scale the walls. If he doesn't see any way into the building that doesn't involve avoiding disturbing metahumans and/or critters, he'll climb the wall as per the above instead, using the south side if possible.
South door maglock casing: Locksmith 4 + Maglocks 2 + Agility 7 + Nimble Fingers 1 [Physical 8] (Lock Rating x2, 1 CT): 14d6t5 3 [3, 1, 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 3, 3, 4, 5, 4, 1, 6]
Locksmith 4 + Maglocks 2 + Agility 7 + Nimble Fingers 1 - Extended Test 1 [Physical 8] (Lock Rating x2, 1 CT): 13d6t5 5 [5, 2, 5, 2, 6, 5, 4, 1, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1]
Locksmith 4 + Maglocks 2 + Agility 7 + Nimble Fingers 1 - Extended Test 2 [Physical 8] (Lock Rating, 1 CT): 12d6t5 6 [2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 2, 5, 4, 6, 5, 4]

South door maglock internals: Locksmith 4 + Maglocks 2 + Agility 7 + Nimble Fingers 1[Physical 8]: 14d6t5 5 [5, 3, 5, 4, 2, 5, 2, 2, 2, 4, 5, 2, 5, 3]
Locksmith 4 + Agility 7 + Nimble Fingers 1 - Extended Test 1 [Physical 8]: 13d6t5 5 [5, 2, 6, 5, 4, 1, 1, 5, 3, 3, 2, 5, 3]
Locksmith 4 + Agility 7 + Nimble Fingers 1 - Extended Test 2 [Physical 8]: 12d6t5 7 [2, 5, 5, 1, 6, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 5, 1]

East/west door mechanical lock (only if the south entrance isn't feasible): Locksmith 4 + Agility 7 + Nimble Fingers 1 [Physical 8] (Lock Rating, 1 CT): 12d6t5 5 [4, 6, 4, 1, 3, 6, 1, 5, 5, 6, 1, 1]
Note: That'll take care of a Rating 5 physical lock. Let me know if that isn't enough :)

That'll take care of opening the case and rewiring the internals on a Maglock up to rating 6. Let me know if there are any anti-tamper circuits, as that's a separate roll of Locksmith + Agility with a threshold of the anti-tamper system.

Finally, scoping out the target building from within the tenement building. Looking for activity on the second floor (number of people, coming and going), as well as patrol patterns.
Perception 5 + Visual 2 + Intuition 5 + Specifically Looking [Mental 6]: 15d6t5 4 [5, 6, 1, 1, 4, 2, 5, 2, 4, 5, 4, 1, 4, 3, 3]

With knowledge of physical security systems design, maybe I know a thing or two about how this building security is set up:
Security Design 1 + Physical 2 + Intuition 5 [Mental 6]: 8d6t5 3 [2, 4, 5, 2, 4, 1, 5, 6]

I'll pause here to give others a chance to post, and then move to infiltrate the roof of the actual target building after observing it for roughly an hour.

Oh, and if I've missed any negative modifiers, feel free to just remove dice from the end of my rolls, adjusting the number of hits as necessary. That's how I'm used to doing it, anyway, and means I don't have to reroll for you to move the action ahead. I'll go ahead and post a short in-character description of my intended actions, and modify as necessary if any of the rolls don't pan out.
« Last Edit: <05-05-16/1258:20> by Herr Brackhaus »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <05-05-16/1247:13> »
Herr Brackhaus: Your diagrams are correct, thank you for mocking those up. Only things I’d correct: keep in mind the southern and eastern wall of the department store on the first floor are effectively missing, and people just walk over the rubble to enter and exit. There's an actual door on the north side, or at least a doorframe, that would have been in at least a few surveillance photos and is something Fenris would have spotted in his initial sweep of the department store (it's not hidden or anything). Also, at the tenement building, the east and west doors are blocked by concrete and metal barricades (not mechanical locks). Like, somebody tore the doors out there and jammed them full of stuff to wall ‘em up.

I won’t have time to resolve your rolls untiltonight or potentially tomorrow, but I can tell you that Fenris doesn’t see or hear anything unusual on his approach and nobody comes out to stop you. You don’t see anything by way of obvious external security on the tenement building (no security cameras or anything), and most of the windows (yes, there are windows, forgot to mention, though they’re all at least twelve feet off the ground probably as a security measure) have curtains drawn or are actually boarded up. We’ll give others a chance to catch up, and I’ll take it from you busting open that maglock (which from your rolls I can already tell you Fenris does handily).
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts