NEWS

Dragon Lairs in North America

• 6 Replies

Finyal

• Newb
« on: <05-03-16/1711:58> »
I've been trying to find out which dragons own each dragon lair on the North American Map.

http://cdn.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CAT27100X_Poster-and-Map_Front.jpg

Specifically the one near Detroit eludes me.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <05-03-16/2034:32> »
Well, right off the bat I can tell you they don't have all of the lairs on there; the Yucatan and Seattle both have guaranteed dragon lairs which aren't marked.  On top of that, while the Greats and a few others are known, there's a lot of dragons who don't hit the big leagues/books. 

I'd consider any marked lairs on that map without a linked dragon to be a plot-hook; a GM looks at the map, sees a lair without a dragon and goes 'Gee, what could I do with a lair in the ass-end of nowhere?'  Detroit and Charlottetown are the two I couldn't hazard a guess as to who owns them.  7 lairs for 9.5 million square miles?  Dragons are more common than that; it's even stated that many have multiple lairs.  Celedyr, Hestaby, Sirrurg, Ghostwalker and the Dragon Formerly Known as Dunkelzhan are all Great Dragons  based in North America, not including the lairs other Greats have for travel.  Then there's Dzitbalchen (deceased), Perianwyr, Damon, Eliohann, Haesslich, Pobre, Sonador, Zuacaltipan, Henequen...  There's more dragons than lairs, that's for sure.  And those are all the dragons I could find with a few minutes of research/trawling my memory. 

Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Finyal

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-03-16/2127:30> »
Most of the others I can make sense of in terms of which GD it belongs too but I'm drawing a blank on the Detroit one. I'll just have to read up on all the Great Dragons again and see what I come up with.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-04-16/0007:05> »
  • Mt. Shasta – Hestaby
  • Albuquerque – Celedyr
  • Denver – Ghostwalker
  • Roswell – Sirrurg
  • Boston – Celedyr/Damon
  • Charlottetown – Children of the Dragon (formerly Dunkelzahn)
  • Flint – ...
« Last Edit: <05-04-16/0014:22> by Crimsondude »

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-04-16/0323:17> »
To be accurate Celedyr is based out of Caerleon in Wales, thats his main lair, but he like many of the others have secondary lairs all around the place.

Hestaby doesn't have access to her Mt. Shasta lair at the moment due to her banishment by the other Greats, so she quite likely have established new lairs. Certain indications point towards LA and maybe Seattle.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-04-16/0523:27> »
Those aren't necessarily their main lairs, just their lairs.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <05-08-16/2233:35> »
I like the map, but, pretty sure hell's canyon is in the wrong location, but feel free to correct me.

Also, yeah, who is the Dragon in Michigan,  hmmm??