NEWS

[IC]6-02 Amber Waves of Grain

• 193 Replies

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #135 on: <06-08-16/0754:06> »
Don't. Know any farmers, but I'd say we need to get this thing inside and into the biggest water tank we can find. Kereina answers Marcus. She starts the drone inside on a search for water tanks inside, then moves to begin loading up her combat drones.Lets stick non-lethal for now. No need to go fragging everyone on a farm. She slaps home the clips of stick-n-shock rounds on the rotodrones, and loads the lynx with smoke grenades as their first rounds, but finishes the internal magazines with the HE explosives.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #136 on: <06-08-16/0856:13> »
Don't. Know any farmers, but I'd say we need to get this thing inside and into the biggest water tank we can find. Kereina answers Marcus. She starts the drone inside on a search for water tanks inside, then moves to begin loading up her combat drones.Lets stick non-lethal for now. No need to go fragging everyone on a farm. She slaps home the clips of stick-n-shock rounds on the rotodrones, and loads the lynx with smoke grenades as their first rounds, but finishes the internal magazines with the HE explosives.

Alf nods at this, and adds "I still say we should go in well into the night, when there shouldn't be as many people in the fields.  And, you know, just drive up, no guns waving out the window or blasting in at 200 kmph or anything like that -- they might figure anyone driving up at night could be a danger, but hopefully they won't be so sure that they instantly scramble every guard and spirit they have.  And speaking of spirits, don't forget that I saw at least three of them on patrol.  I'm not that great of a spirit fighter; I'll do what I can with a spirit of my own, but those numbers mean we'll likely have to deal with at least one of them by mundane means, once fighting starts, and that means the heaviest firepower we've got probably.  I say 'probably,' because I didn't take a close enough look to figure out how strong they were, since I really didn't want to get spotted, but best to assume they'll bounce lighter munitions like they were a LAV."

After a moment he adds "Of course, depends a bit on where all of those workers sleep.  If they all go into the dome, we'd be faced with potentially high unintended casualties and large numbers of possible secondary combatants.  Anyone have gas grenades -- and a gas mask?"

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <06-08-16/0932:28> »
With a glance toward the mage, Marcus chortled lightly. "You just want to drive up to the front door and say "hullo, we're here to poison the water supply"? How do you imagine that'd go down; doesn't exactly seem like any of us are particularly talkative, so if we're having to go in hot we might as well use the element of surprise." He frowned for a brief moment before continuing. "Especially if we're talking spirits; I'd rather shoot first and ask questions never when it comes to those fraggers. As far as civilians go, they'll keep their heads down if they know what's good for them. No skin off my back if a couple of them walk into the line of fire."

He pushed off the Morgan effortlessly, and swung his rifle into his hands. "While you lot look for a water supply, I'm going to do some force recon, get a closer look at the surroundings and security teams." He walked to the front seat and grabbed the keys from the car, a solid indication of just how old-school the vehicle really was, and shrugged out of his lined coat. With a single smooth motion he pulled the hood of his chameleon suit up and activated the ruthenium polymers on both the rifle and the suit, and watched as his limbs blended into his surroundings. Checking his surroundings, he made his way towards the facility behind what little cover there was.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #138 on: <06-09-16/0832:34> »
It's pretty easy to walk within 100m of the farm.  It's open country, so you don't hide as well as you hoped.  But you can make it this far without being seen.  There are no fences as you miles of farm land to keep watch over, and no cattle to walk through them.  The only major structure for miles is the dome itself.  That's where the majority of the action is as well as your goal.  Around the outside of the dome is the turret track that rings the entire perimeter of the building.  The gun itself isn't exactly the scariest thing you've seen, but it can move with surprising speed covering the entire track in a few seconds.

You see the teams walking about as well as the occasional farmhand/tech doing some farmy/sciencey crap to the plants.  Odds are you don't care, but they don't seem to care about you either.  That or they don't see you.  Getting closer will be harder though...
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #139 on: <06-09-16/1105:24> »
"Maybe we could cause some sort of mass distraction and just charge our way in... what would cause a big panic in a farm?... Stampede? Large Fire Spirit in the crops?" Vexboy whispered.
« Last Edit: <06-09-16/1107:25> by Raiderjoseph »
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #140 on: <06-09-16/1131:45> »
Skate laughs and shakes her head, "I'm not sure bringing a whole bunch of attention to the facility right before we try to sneak in a giant vat of poison is the best idea..." With everyone going about their various recon tasks, she settles for checking both her guns then hops up to the gunner's spot in the Morgan to keep an eye on the surroundings. Bringing up the rifle, she watches Marcus' approach through the scope till he's too far to track his movement. With him out of the 'camp', she  responds to Alf, "Your idea's not all bad; could slap a big sign that says 'fertilizer' on the chems, see if the guards are paid to care or not. If not, well then, Marcus gets to do things his way anyway."

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #141 on: <06-09-16/1220:35> »
"I like the idea that involves very little combat and shooting people for doing their jobs." Vexboy chimed in.
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #142 on: <06-09-16/1831:13> »
"I'm not sure if that is a good attitude or bad attitude for a 'Runner, but I tend to agree.  Plus I don't actually like shooting anyone or anything.  If we could manage this with a mix of getting close, and threatening bad things if anyone interferes, I'd be pretty happy.  By the way, I can't make us all invisible, but I can cast illusions.  Perhaps we could make use of that somehow?  I'm not the best at bluffing or conning people, but  if anyone has any bright ideas, I'll do my best with the spell.  Although again there are those spirits, who will see the illusion for what it is."

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #143 on: <06-10-16/1259:22> »
Sounds like a plan.  Roll a cha+deception, and I'll be nice since it was just my birth day.  Every hit you get on an illusion magic is an extra dice for your pool

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #144 on: <06-14-16/1302:38> »
[Spoiler] So... anyone see any good movies lately? Also Bump.[/Spoiler]
Thoughts
Mentor

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #145 on: <06-14-16/1539:03> »
[spoiler]
Sounds like a plan.  Roll a cha+deception, and I'll be nice since it was just my birth day.  Every hit you get on an illusion magic is an extra dice for your pool

Sorry, I had not been certain that this was the plan, was waiting for anyone else to chime in. 

By deception .... you mean Con, I'm guessing?  I'll go on that (rather discouraging for Alf:  base pool of 1) assumption for now. 

Will update this with an IC post and dice rolls soon as I get a chance to pull all of that together, hopefully later today.  Sorry for the delay.[/spoiler]

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <06-17-16/0753:33> »
Marcus watched the patrols closely from his chosen position amongst the taller vegetation roughly 300 meters out from the dome. "Doesn't look like anyone's noticed me yet" he thought to himself as he opened up a comms channel to the team after ensuring his commlink was running silently.

"Looks like we've got standard patrols of two people, each carrying sidearms and wearing body armor, nothing heavy; looks like they're staying close to the structure, no more than 15 meters away. There's also a drone on rails around the building armed with an AK-97, looks like it can also travel inside the structure if necessary. Alf, any sign of those spirits you were talking about; I can't see 'em out here."

Settling in for a longer wait, he watched as the patrol made it's way out of sight around the edges of the structure. When they reappeared on the other side a good 45 minutes later, he sent a message to the decker. "Pepper, can you scope out the matrix security of this place? Sensors, locks, schematics, that kind of stuff. I can see guards entering the building through a door here, but alternate entries would be good, too."

He watched as the staff walked around doing their thing when a thought suddenly struck him. "Hey, I bet these civilians know where the water is coming from; I can grab one of them and make him talk. Or, we could just go loud and take hostages." Taking a closer look at the pipes running nearby, he fingered the miniwelder hidden in one of the concealed pockets of his suit. "I could also make a couple holes in one of these pipes, that should get some of the staffs attention."

As the sun began setting, he could feel the familiar itching between his shoulder blades. "This is taking too damn long" he thought as he watched a beetle moving in front of him. With a casual gesture he picked it up between two fingers and began pressing them together slowly, watching as the shell cracked and the bug stopped squirming. "Pathetic..."
« Last Edit: <06-17-16/0755:36> by Herr Brackhaus »

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <06-17-16/1059:05> »
Just before sun-set, Alf sprinkles a couple of units of reagents on the ground for his plant spirit to soak the essence from, then he sends it to walk across the fields in astral space, taking its time to enjoy the vegetation.  He sends it on a route that passes within a couple of hundred metres of the dome, but has it proceed without stopping or approaching the dome more closely.  Meanwhile Alf watches from astral space a good distance back and as concealed as he can be while still having line of sight, to see if this draws any reaction.

After sundown he prepares to summon an ancestral warrior spirit, but even as he prepares the summons he can tell it won’t work – he realizes he feels guilt about what they are preparing to do, and couldn’t ask an ancestral warrior to help with this.  Fortunately the spirit does not make him pay heavily for this affront, so afterwards he is still in good shape to summon Smoke-in-the-Face, a tricky air spirit that embodies the campfire smoke that blows in your eyes no matter where you move.  Smoke-in-the-Face would not mind playing such a trick on strangers.

Once he hears Marcus’s summary of the situation, Alf reviews the magical support that he could offer the infiltrators.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #148 on: <06-18-16/0930:10> »
[spoiler]good rp everyone[/spoiler]

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #149 on: <06-18-16/2028:32> »
We ready for this? Kereina asks as the combat lynx drone makes its way out and around the van. The team waited until darkness was starting to settle, the average guard would have difficulty discerning much at this time of day. She climbs back into the van and starts the engine. As soon as the illusions start, she will launch the smoke grenades from the lynx to cover their movement and add to the illusion.

Register