NEWS

[IC]6-02 Amber Waves of Grain

• 193 Replies

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #120 on: <05-26-16/1134:46> »
Astral recon[spoiler]You fall into the astral.  The city is as lifeless as ever, but when you fly across the world itself outside of Chicago, you enter a world of light and life.  The grey city becomes vibrant country.  The site itself is a series of fields.  There is no background except the vibrancy of life.  In the center of the series of fields is a gray dome structure.  It's hard to make out details as it's lifeless nature is just a blur.  What you do see in technicolor are three spirits of life patrolling the area.  They miss you, but do you want to push your luck or bug out?[/spoiler]

Physical
The team all pulls up to the same location.  No one bugs you...., so long as you don't bug them.  You see some low level drug deals happen outside a Stuffer SAhack.  The women selling the items gives you a nod almost saying "you keep to yours, and I'll keep to mine."
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #121 on: <05-26-16/1408:28> »
"So whats the plan?" Vexboy asked nervously. He was starting to get a little worried about Marcus.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #122 on: <05-26-16/1802:35> »
Astral recon[spoiler]You fall into the astral.  The city is as lifeless as ever, but when you fly across the world itself outside of Chicago, you enter a world of light and life.  The grey city becomes vibrant country.  The site itself is a series of fields.  There is no background except the vibrancy of life.  In the center of the series of fields is a gray dome structure.  It's hard to make out details as it's lifeless nature is just a blur.  What you do see in technicolor are three spirits of life patrolling the area.  They miss you, but do you want to push your luck or bug out?[/spoiler]

Alf notices the spirits and thinks to himself "Time to bug out -- wait, I really shouldn't use that particular phrase anywhere near Chicago.  But get out of here for sure."  Then he matches deed to thought and carefully extracts himself, trying to continue to avoid notice. 

Once back in his body he communicates to the team >>>Looks like a lot of fields, with some big dome in the middle of it.  There were spirits on patrol -- three of them -- and I didn't want them to know just yet that anyone was interested in the site, so I didn't try to look inside the dome.  Hopefully someone who is better with the matrix than I am can get some satellite shots of the area?  The dome should be obvious enough, and maybe from those we can figure out something about the water supply.  I'm still not clear if we are talking a pond, creak, pipe, storage tank, or just what. <<<

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <05-26-16/2058:33> »
Marcus leaned up against his vehicle and looked up at the sky. The lack of a roof over his head and general wildness of the nearby area was comforting, and he smiled to himself as he took several deep breaths of air that didn't stink of corruption, pollution, and filth.

"A big dome, huh; how tall, roughly?"
« Last Edit: <05-26-16/2336:10> by Herr Brackhaus »

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #124 on: <05-26-16/2108:30> »
Vexboy blinks and his iris' turn red. He is in thermographic vision. He performs an observation in detail action at the site from where he can see.

[Spoiler] Observe in Detail: 9d6t5 5 Wow! I hope it was relevant to look in Thermographic Vision! [/Spoiler]
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #125 on: <05-27-16/0929:45> »
Let me see if I can give us all a better picture. Kereina begins looping the free from the fly spies to the rest of the team once again. The tiny drones' cameras providing an overhead view of the dome and surrounding areas. I'm guessing whatever we're looking for is going to be inside that dome. Any ideas on getting inside? She'll send one drone lower to get a better image of the actual size of the structure and look for entrances.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #126 on: <05-30-16/2303:41> »
SEND IN THE DRONES![spoiler]The area is pretty desolate.  Out an about you see tech driving around the area in some trucks.  They take some measurements, do "something" to a few plants, then drive to another area.   Sometimes they move large water lines to spray across an acre or two. Waiting for a bit, you see they cover an area of about a mile in diameter.   Walking around the main dome, you see groups of two humanoids walking around with guns.  Also around the perimeter of the building you see a large roboturret on a track.  Want to get closer? [/spoiler]

Thermo vision![spoiler]There are men in trucks who do not have guns.  Around the middle of the dome, groups of two carrying guns walk around.[/spoiler]

What happens next?

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #127 on: <05-30-16/2346:28> »
"There are some truckers without guns scattered around. And gunmen in groups of two around the dome." Vexboy said pointing outwards.
Thoughts
Mentor

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #128 on: <05-31-16/1420:21> »
Alf looks at the drone feed, Thi is, then asks "hey Personal, could one of your drones follow those water lines?  I'm thinking they come from wherever we need to dump this drek."

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #129 on: <05-31-16/2145:34> »
GM check in

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #130 on: <06-01-16/0802:03> »
I don't see why not Kereina directs the overwatch drone to begin tracing back the pipeline mentioned.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #131 on: <06-01-16/2230:51> »
You have your drones follow the lines into the facility.[spoiler]The lines follow into the facility covering almost a mile as they twist and turn.  It's not the most secure.  When they get closer to enter the facility.  In the facility, you see men and women of several races all working hard on various tasks.  Inside, there is almost no guards as you only occasionally see a pair  duck in and check the place.  The workers appear to be both farm hands or research technicians.  Roll a stealth check to see how well you sneak around or if you your drone is spotted.  [/spoiler]

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #132 on: <06-07-16/1825:50> »
ooc: Rolled in ooc thread, three hits on stealth check

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #133 on: <06-07-16/2218:02> »
drone[spoiler]your drone completely moves around the facility undetected.  You can tel the hard part is getting in.  Once in, the people there are ill equipped to fight.  No one knows your drone is there. [/spoiler]

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #134 on: <06-07-16/2308:24> »
Marcus watched the feed from the drone while leaning up against the frame of his Morgan, the assault rifle slung across his back. "A couple of guards, a few drones, and a bunch of civilians" he thought. "We could storm this place right now if that's all there is to it."

In his experience, however, things were rarely what they seemed. He turned to the other runners as he minimized the drone view. "Can we tap the lines and dump the chemicals into the feed directly? Or do we have to go to the source, wherever that is." He brought up a still shot of the guards and the drones, and with a thought made them into a public ARO. "If these are all there is in terms of security, we could also take the place by force if we wanted to. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more people inside, though, or in a bunk place somewhere nearby."

He then brought up a wide-angle shot of the dome. "Assuming we have to go inside, that's a lot of ground to cover." Pointing to the back of Kerenia's van where the container was stored, he went on. "We really need a better idea of where this stuff needs to go; anyone know any farmers?"