NEWS

[IC]6-02 Amber Waves of Grain

• 193 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #150 on: <06-19-16/2213:34> »
"Did Pepperface find anything about their security?" Vexboy asked.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #151 on: <06-20-16/2254:52> »
Aside from the patrols in the OC chat, you don't hear anything new about security.  It appears to be mostly the three patrols and the drone on a rail.

You begin to drive up under cover of darkness.   It's quite with only the sounds  being the night itself.  As you drive up, you have the bound spirit make entire truck invisible and your two stealthiest group make their way ahead of you toward two unassuming guards.   This are going great as you approach the first of the security patrols.  The two on the ground are about 20 years away....then the two earth elementals manifest in front of the truck....

roll sneaking for the two going up to the guards, and roll init for everybody!
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #152 on: <06-21-16/1053:34> »
Alf hated being cooped up in the van, where his astral sight saw little but machines and people who were part machine – it would have been nicer to ride on the Morgan, in the open where his astral vision could see farther.  But after what happened with the Morgan taking off with his body last time, he wasn’t taking any chances this time.

He took some comfort with the smudge of smoke with which Smoke-in-your-Eyes had surrounded the van; Alf knew how hard it was for the mundane eye to notice anything behind such a veil.  But he was still worried about the spirits he’d seen on his first patrol:  he hadn’t seen any sign of them since, but that didn’t mean that they or their ilk were not still around.

And then his fears were confirmed as two bulky earth elementals appeared in front of the van.

[spoiler] to be clear, in case it wasn’t in the description, he is asensing, but not yet astrally projecting[/spoiler]

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <06-22-16/1155:19> »
for the raccoon[spoiler]It's more they sensed something coming.  They are not necessarily concerned that "you" are here, but that something is driving up.[/spoiler]

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #154 on: <06-22-16/1736:46> »
With the plan to try for a semi-covert entry decided upon, Skate figures this is her chance to get paid while not actually having to do a lot of work. "Seems like most of the physical security is concentrated on the outside. I'll follow the van in but stop a couple hundred yards out and cover you guys in case things go poorly. Either way, once you're in, I'm confident I can make it in behind you solo if needed, or I can keep up a watch out here. Should just be an easy pump and dump on the inside, right? A milk run!"

Once they're ready to roll, she engages the chameleon coating on her weapons and sets her clothes in an attempt to match the color of the vegetation before stepping on to the back bumper of the truck as it gets into motion. Cloak flapping behind her, she waits untill they're about 200 yards from the building before tucking her cloak around herself, dropping off the back of the van, and rolling into the greenery on the side of the road. Crawling another twenty yards to the side she kneels and slowly raises her rifle up to watch the progress of the vehicle towards the first set of guards. "In position, everything seems fine so far."

No sooner had she said that then two rocky forms suddenly appeared in front of the van. "Oops. Are those going to let you guys drive through them?"

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <06-27-16/0859:06> »
I don't suppose anyone can ask these guys to kindly move out of the way? Kereina slows the van as she approaches the earth elementals. The combat drones are on high alert from their positions back along the road and flying above. She can feel the feed from the drones, almost like a pull from the drones' dog brain, starting against a leash. As they slow, she stops the van alongside one of the elementals, and rolls down her window and tells the spirits they have a delivery, and to let them pass, hoping the message will get back to their master.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #156 on: <06-28-16/2255:15> »
Asking the elementals, they stand around waiting for a bit.  They don't move and neither do you.  It's a tense stand off, but eventually you see a pair a people( one human and one elf) walk up to the van.  The elf hangs back a bit with his weapon drawn, but the human approaches out of the glare of the head lights.  He walks up and says, I don't see you on the list.  What do you have?  Speak quick because this isn't 'sposed to happen!  He got a friendly enough tone, but he's also got a hand on his holster ready for things to get ugly....

roll some con and be awesome.  Now might be the time for edge.....

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #157 on: <06-29-16/1541:11> »
Alf had been thinking about possibly plausible excuses as they drove up, so when he sees the men he urgently whispers to Kereina "Tell them we have a tank of nitrogen binding bacteria from Mitsuhama, figure out a story of why we're delivering at night, maybe The Desolation Angels brokered a deal or something?"

Then he casts an illusion over the tank in the back of the van, making it look all new and pristine, featuring a prominent Mitsuhama logo over "not for sale, Corporate use only" in easy to read letters.  He adds "Just make the window's clear, don't open anything."  Hopefully the spirits won't bull their way into the van to notice the spell.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #158 on: <06-29-16/1710:39> »
Hope this works... she whispers to her passenger before turning her best smile to the guard.

Sorry for the late delivery, we were supposed to be here early this afternoon, the paperwork probably just got lost since then. It's listed as a.... Nitrogen binding bacterial mixture, she pretends to check a readout in the van, while setting the windows to clear. Which way do we go to get in?

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #159 on: <06-29-16/2302:47> »
The man eyes you carefully....He squints as he stares deep into the van's cargo...He looks over everything he can see, pauses for a second looking you deep in the eye and says...Well drek, corporate never sends the proper paperwork in on time to make my life not suck.  Tell you what.  Drive up to the dome and we'll file when we get there.  He then waves at the elementals, and wave for you to move forward.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #160 on: <06-29-16/2329:22> »
Trying not to let the relief show, Kereina drives as casually as she can up to the dome. Along the way, she continues to monitor the feeds from the various drones scattered outside for any changes to security.

Nice one, Alf, where'd you come up with that setup?

On final approach to the building, she realizes there is little chance that whatever paperwork is required will be passable. Better get weapons ready...

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #161 on: <06-30-16/0017:28> »
Watching the van start moving again with no overt hostile actions from the guards or elementals, Skate triggers her 'link again, <<I guess whatever you guys said worked. Keep it up! You look clear to the dome now.>>

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #162 on: <07-02-16/0949:44> »
You drive about a quarter mile up to the dome.  As you get close a pair of security guards come out followed by a five workers in coveralls.  They lead worker comes up to the van, waves and says, and says, Hello!  What you guys got out here?  Corp never radioed ahead, so give me the low down.  He's friendly, but confused.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #163 on: <07-02-16/1652:02> »
On the team's  channel, Alf asks"Marcus, Vexboy, got a bead on targets?". In the van he asks "Should I put my spirit on defence and get ready to drop a lightning  ball on those  guys over there?  Won't  drop them, but might slow em down."

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #164 on: <07-02-16/1951:38> »
Marcus crouched behind a larger piece of industrial pipe, eyes scanning the surroundings for opponents.

"Copy" he replied simply, indicating he had plenty of targets in sight.