NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Parliament of Thieves (concluded)

• 141 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <01-26-11/1850:48> »
"Something's off guys... You might end up needing to leave me here... There's something wrong on the wireless here."

Cursor stayed in VR surveying the brewing storm.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #121 on: <01-26-11/2032:56> »
Mata Tabi stops smiling as he looks back at stryker then to Dean "You know that's twice now you've been rude to not only me, but my associates. Once is forgivable, twice...well, that's just blantantly unacceptable behavior." Mata says as he slowly removes the revolver from his waist band, he never replacing it to the ankle holster after the incident "Stop your bulldrek. Release the van, now!"
« Last Edit: <01-26-11/2055:26> by Boer_Kommando »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #122 on: <01-26-11/2040:58> »
Eight-Stone's jaw dropped as he watched Stryker flippantly insult and threaten Dean... and then curl up on the ground. Eight-Stone briefly glanced around for cameras. Was this a joke? Was he on some sort of "World's Worst Bodyguard Challenges" reality trideo? Eight-Stone rolled his eyes and sighed in relief when Stryker popped back up. "Yes," Eight-Stone said, quick to agree with Stryker despite his annoyance. "If you can make it happen, get us out of here."

And then, out loud: "Sorry, Dean, but I've got a job to do, a reputation to protect, and no way of knowing if your little "scanner" isn't some sort of sabotage or magical curse or something. No deal."
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <01-26-11/2048:03> »
Cursor was a little worried the others hadn't heard him. "Guys... Do as you want I'll try handling the tech side..."

(OOC: Sent pmed me, something majors going to go down in VR, but he's afk ill tommorow so Cursors stuck for now.)

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #124 on: <01-27-11/0314:12> »
He falls down in a controlled manner, instinctively curling into a fetal ball, as his True body, made of magic itself, dives into the manastreams. He finds a spirit there, one of the Eternal Ones

Morrigan the Eternal One came. There is no advice, no scolding, no praises but she seems not pleased. She leaves.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #125 on: <01-27-11/0324:19> »
Stryker talks to himself, struggling with his Scooter. "I was insulted twice. In a most arrogant manner. I will not leave that without a response. He will either hate me, or fear me, but I will have my respect. I am a warrior, and one does not leave his enemies unattended, and he doesn't let their insults go without answer. This is not the way, and I'm not going to let them stain my honor." He opens his mind, and sends a mental request to his Eternal ally, to use his powers over the laws of physics, to help them reach their destination in time. "We roll, people."
« Last Edit: <01-27-11/0714:02> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #126 on: <01-27-11/0327:42> »
Mata Tabi stops smiling as he looks back at stryker then to Dean "You know that's twice now you've been rude to not only me, but my associates. Once is forgivable, twice...well, that's just blantantly unacceptable behavior." Mata says as he slowly removes the revolver from his waist band, he never replacing it to the ankle holster after the incident "Stop your bulldrek. Release the van, now!"

Another AR appears
After that (screen splits in two, right side replaying the cafe entrance camera view of Stryker telling repeatedly "I do not believe a spokesperson for the Casquilho family would be that much of a cheap, dumb bastard."
Things would have been so much easier had you put a leash on that filthmouthed elfkid. He needed spanking and got one, had I wanted to hurt him, I would..

Your commlink signalled alert, your smartlink targetted Stryker, and on the AR screen is filled with a large "BAM !!!" text...
Obvoiusly your command had no effect.
« Last Edit: <01-27-11/1605:46> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <01-27-11/1830:58> »
Matrix - cafe node. the time now is 18:36:01.2

Among the dazzling lights of Matrix, an icon of Conquistador arrived and stopped the image looked like it lost some bits due to the speed of movement, and they were quickly falling in place.

Greetings Otaku-sama - a flourish bow complete with an extensive hat flopping followed the invitation.

It is a honor and priviledge to meet one who could feel the Matrix the way you do.
I mean no harm, and I do not wish to fight you.

I was sent to verify the nature of the package, but in no way we would like to hamper interest of the Chaves family, whatever they are.

I am sincere in my words, and if the couple of hundred nuyen was an offense allow me to withdraw that with apologies. Please allow me to run the scanner over the package and if you can't stay for a drink allow me to offer you a couple of bottles.

He seems both sincere, and ready for action. In case of combat an initiative roll would be in place. The rapier at his side is most certainly an Attack program.

Matrix - van node, same time, another subscriptions

I'll just have my sprite override its autopilot again with it's own. but first ill slip into vr and go for admin on the van: Exploit(4)+Hacking(3 ) (7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=6) if it's firewall is 2 i'm in otherwise ill add another roll Exploit(4)+Hacking(3 ) (7d6.hits(5)=4) definitely in now, i kill all active subscriptions to the van's but mine and my machine sprites, this ll takes just under 6 seconds

Regardless of the discussion in cafe node, in the van node where you try hacking into the admin account you see the icon of Conquistador, purposefully setting off firewall on red alert. As the icons turns around you see he looks like you, which means that he spoofed the firewall trip with your access id.

The node immediately goes into alert and automatically tries to sever your connection:

(OOC: Rating(2) + Rating(2) (4, Combat Turn) Extended Test -> 4d6.hits(5)=1 hit after first round
the firewall also gained +4 against your exploits which means you'll need 2 + 4 + 6 => 12 hits to hack into admin account.)

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #128 on: <01-28-11/0231:44> »
"We call ourselves Technomancers, Deus created our forebearers the Otaku. After seeing your prowess on-line I personally would allow you to scan the package, I believe you are sincere. Unfortunately it's 3 versus 1 when it comes to my team. I wont be able to convince them."

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <01-28-11/0232:32> »
Maybe they'll listen. If you speak to them. I'll not try to stop you any further either way.
He bows, and logs of.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #130 on: <01-28-11/1601:15> »
Dean took off his sunglasses and put them on table.
The van engine started and you've able to continue.

The Drop Off

Well it’s certainly been an interesting couple of hours. But, you’re here, the package is here, you're on time and the drop off is just past that wrought iron gate and up that driveway. The mountain air smells clean and fresh. You’re feeling a little out of place in this posh of a neighborhood, but you haven’t encountered a single Lone Star drone or patrol. Clearly fate is on your side. What else could possibly go wrong?

The time now is 6:52 pm. There is a buzzer on the gate

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #131 on: <01-28-11/1607:03> »
Stryker exits the van, looking pretty grim. He's convinced that he did what he should've done. His Mentor's reaction though makes him feel like a kid that dissapointed his parent. Or something like that - he never had any parents, only instructors in the facility. And that was a cold, cold relationship. He sighs, and moves to the front, to lean against the wall just by the gate, and starts poking the buzzer.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <01-28-11/1610:20> »
An AR flick on with the image of a young Hispanic man, dressed in a poorly tailored suit. "What do you want?"

Denver Missions
running 13

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #133 on: <01-28-11/2007:58> »
Mata Tabi straightens up his blood stained shirt unconciously as he interjects himself into the conversation. "We're expected, a matter of great importance has been delegated to our care, and we'd very much like to conclude our end of the bargain."

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <01-28-11/2317:55> »
Eight-Stone kept his mouth shut and let Mata Tabi do the talking, eager to get this all over with. He kept his shotgun strapped to his back, however, and studied the man in the AR window carefully.  Despite the chaos with the Triads, everyone the Johnson knew personally had upheld their end of the deal. Peaches and the guy in the tunnel hadn't tried to stab them in the back; hopefully whoever was receiving this stupid package would play fair, too.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Register