NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Parliament of Thieves (concluded)

• 141 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #105 on: <01-25-11/2017:51> »
"Dreeeeek..." mental link Sprites, are you two okay?

Curor was worried whatever knocked out the engine might have gotten to them.

(OOC: Matrix Perception on the guys node, still in VR, if he's in hidden it doesnt matter cos of my full scan: Comp(3)+Analyze(2)+Techno(2) (7d6.hits(5)=2) looking at firewall then access id)

"Lets all go"

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #106 on: <01-25-11/2124:13> »
"Yeah, we should all go. That is, if Stryker's feeling well enough. Maybe he could take this opportunity to rest some." Eight-Stone slings his shotgun over his shoulder as he prepares to leave.

Eight-Stone briefly pauses to inspect what remains of the wall of barrier-foam and the shattered, bloody windshield. "Hmm. You know, as long as we're stopping, we might want to consider getting a new vehicle."
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <01-25-11/2249:22> »
"It's the Johnson's, we better keep it. Besides, no more borders. We got the Limo for after delivery."(OOC: subvoc bandwagon)

Cursor hops out of the van. "How you doing Stryker?"

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #108 on: <01-26-11/0346:18> »
"Dreeeeek..." mental link Sprites, are you two okay?

Curor was worried whatever knocked out the engine might have gotten to them.

(OOC: Matrix Perception on the guys node, still in VR, if he's in hidden it doesnt matter cos of my full scan: Comp(3)+Analyze(2)+Techno(2) (7d6.hits(5)=2) looking at firewall then access id)

"Lets all go"
(OOC: One of your sprites that has been in Limo, has been decompiled by node reboot, and the autopilot as I understand is a complex form not a sprite. As of hidden node:

Detect Hidden Node (Scan)
You attempt to locate a hidden node. You must be aware of the node,
or at least have a good guess of where the device should be (for example,
if your commlink is not detecting a node for Mr. Johnson but
you are pretty sure he has a PAN, or when you can see the security
drone but it is operating in Hidden mode). To find the node, make a
Electronic Warfare + Scan (4) Test.
You may instead make a general search for Hidden nodes that
are within mutual Signal range. In this case, the test is an Electronic
Warfare + Scan (15+, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Test, rather than a
Complex Action.

so to find hidden nodes, you'd need the extended test, and I'd put the treshold on 18 due to large number of nodes around.
in any case you see an icon of the fellow (sculpted as Conquistador on foot complete with a rapier) in cafe node, with his address_id being the one of the commlink node (passive) outside of the cafe.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <01-26-11/0348:01> »
"It's the Johnson's, we better keep it. Besides, no more borders. We got the Limo for after delivery."(OOC: subvoc bandwagon)

Cursor hops out of the van. "How you doing Stryker?"

(OOC: the Limo is probably lost to you, it has been rebooted to clear from any unwanted software, and this was forced either by police EMP, car thief or owner)

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #110 on: <01-26-11/0904:57> »
"I'm okay. Well enough as far as patches go. Damn, I need to cut on that stuff. Decide. Do we stay and chat, risking that we miss the deadline, or do we go, and deliver it. Even on foot if we have to. I vote on finishing the damn job." He motions to Eight-Stone. "Would you be so kind and help me with that scooter? I don't think I can handle it now." He plays with his commlink for a while, trying to find the finish line, and how far it is. "How far do we have, and how much time, now?"
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #111 on: <01-26-11/1308:22> »
(OOC: it is 18:36 now and if there would no further troubles according to Grid, you need another 15 minutes (including time to travel on slower districtal streets, finidng and parking
In other words - you have ten minutes, give or take three)

Denver Missions
running 13

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #112 on: <01-26-11/1320:09> »
"Remember; keep it real short with this guy, whatever he wants," Eight-Stone says subvocally as he helps Stryker with his scooter. "It's possible he's just trying to stall or distract us."
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <01-26-11/1440:14> »
I'll try to be quick then someone subvocally interrupts.

i understand that we have little time, so I'll skip the wine offer part, although you may try - this is a very nice Chiraz here, my treat.
My name is Dean, and I am representative of the Casquilho family. You deliver package from Koshari to the Chavez family.
While neither are exactly in our sphere of influence, then as you probably expect we would like to know what is the nature of the package.

I don't want to open it, nor to delay your delivery more then necessary to scan it quickly with an electronic scanner. It won't leave any mark I promise.
And I have 50 nuyen for each of you for the trouble.

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <01-26-11/1524:00> »
"Sorry Dean, you've obviously got some nice tech at your disposal but that's just outside of etiquette, of course, if you ever want a job done personally, just give us a call and you'd get the same courtesy.  

(OOC: there's a rating 4 machine sprite in the van running the autosoft btw sent, also node reboots don't decompile sprites -i think-, they should be able to escape to the resonance and return to my node, but driving the limo was it's last task so if the limo's immobile it would have left this time yes.)

Cursor pats the van. "Of course if this is your doing, we'll have to comply if you wont give us mobility back. I'd be even more inclined to let you scan it if you could offer us a new vehicle. Do you agree Mata?

Cursor wasn't a skilled negotiator, but he'd negotiated with that sprite Cold-Node enough to have an idea and with Mata wounded he wanted to help out.
« Last Edit: <01-26-11/1609:56> by Chrona »

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #115 on: <01-26-11/1537:21> »
Mata gave the kid a wink "Yeah...it matches your style. I of course would never be so impolite as to turn down a drink, but there is a pressing engagement we'd like to get on to, so time is of the essence."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <01-26-11/1540:02> »
"Maybe we can have that drink when we arn't pressed for time, it really looks like a nice place."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #117 on: <01-26-11/1616:43> »
Stryker bows to the guy respectfully. "I'm sorry, but we don't have time for this. I do not believe a spokesperson for the Casquilho family would be that much of a cheap, dumb bastard to insult a honest shadowrunner like that." Then he turns to the others. "You people going? Or do you want me to help ya?

He opens his hands and raises them up to the air, chanting loudly, and sending a calling. Other than his left eye bleeding there is no visible response to his actions...

OOC:
Summoning a F4 Man Spirit (Spell: Levitate): Magic(4)+Summoning(2)+Edge(3) (9d6.hits(5)=2)
Spirit: 4d6.hits(5)=2, but it glitches.
4S Drain: Willpower(5)+Intuition(5) (10d6.hits(5)=2) +2S damage

{Health: 0 / 10P and 7 / 11S damage, -1 Wound penalty (patched R3), no Sustaining penalty} | {Edge: 1 / 3}
{Defense: 5; Initiative: 10; IP's: 3} | {Ballistic Armor: 6+3=9; Impact Armor: 4+2+3=9} | {Sustained spells: Increase Reflexes F3, on Focus, Armor F3 on Focus.}
{Spirits: None}
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <01-26-11/1654:19> »
(OOC: as for the glitch, the bond was severed before you really made the strain. No stun damage for you this time ;) you're welcome)

Stryker is suddenly hearing subvocal static, the noise is unbearable. Until something is done, you're -2 dice to everything, roll Willpower + Willpower (3) if you want to avoid the instinctive try to shut your ears and falling on your knees.

An AR screen appears before you "You done? I have the time, you don't from what i heard." 

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #119 on: <01-26-11/1824:20> »
Willpower(5)x2 (10d6.hits(5)=6)
Stryker turns off his commlink, and takes off both goggles and earphones. He smiles lightly, then he speaks aloud, knowing he'll hear him through his teammate's links.
"Fuck you, joker. Wanna play pranks? Okay. Here it comes." He falls down in a controlled manner, instinctively curling into a fetal ball, as his True body, made of magic itself, dives into the manastreams. He finds a spirit there, one of the Eternal Ones, who appeased with the elf's politeness decides to lend him his help.
It takes only a few heartbeats, and the Eternal One sees it's target. Stryker feels a slight pain in his chest, but decides to ignore it, looking for a fast way to their destination, to appear there and announce they're still on their way. He then returns to his body swiftly, and get up with a serious face. "We move now, or I'll go alone. Choose.

Summoning a Force 4 Man Spirit, with the Movement power.
Summoning: Magic(4)+Summoning(2)+Edge(3) (9d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2)
Spirit's opposed roll: Force(4) (4d6.hits(5)=0) Critical Glitch.
2S Drain: Willpower(5)+Intuition(5) (10d6.hits(5)=3)
The first service goes towards the Accident power on the guy who messed with him. The Spirit will use Edge, coaxed by Stryker to show his full power.
Magic(4)+Willpower(4)+Edge(4) (12d6.hitsopen(5,6)=5)
The second service will be spent for Movement, when the rest of the team decides to do so...

« Last Edit: <01-26-11/1908:06> by Kot »