NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Parliament of Thieves (concluded)

• 141 Replies

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <01-23-11/2202:08> »
"Just saves me the trouble, still, I dont think I'll be thanking him for it though." Mata Tabi rummages through his coat jacket to find his cigarette case. Once in hand he withdraws it and takes out an elegant looking black cigarette with a gold foil filter. He lights it and breathes in heavily, obviously enjoying it. He holds out the case opened "Would you like one?" he offers it to everyone, Eight-stone last.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <01-23-11/2206:52> »
Waving his hand at the offered packet, "No thanks, quit a long time back. You be careful with that though, one wrong moved it'll be like your chest has a chimney."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #92 on: <01-24-11/0420:24> »
Stryker sent a short "Thank you. I remember" every time a link severed. His heart torn in two at the Spirits devotion to his case. With tears in his eyes he started to work, trying to patch Mata as good as he could in these circumstances. "Just keep your driving steady, okay?"
Logic(4)+Medicine(1)+Medkit(6)-Conditions(2) (9d6.hits(5)=3)

After they met with Peaches, he took his time to Assense her aura, looking for telltale marks of treachery. He didn't think that to be likely, but still - better safe than sorry.
Intuition(5)+Assensing(2) (7d6.hits(5)=1)
Not satisfied with his first examination of the orc woman's aura, he decided to study it in depth.
Intuition(5)+Assensing(2)-Successive Attempt(2) (5d6.hits(5)=2) This time he was more or less satisfied with his scrutiny.
Knowing the orc woman isn't planning anything treacherous, he then resumed astral patrol, curled in a fetal position in the safest spot in the back of the van - just behind the troll.

Even knowing of the Earth's state in the tunnels before, Stryker tried to rouse one of the spirits inside. He should have know, but he still thought it would be needed. "This isn't good."
Summoning F4 Earth Spirit: Magic(4)+Summoning(2) (6d6.hits(5)=1)
Spirit's Force roll: Force(4) (4d6.hits(5)=3)
6S Drain: Willpower(5)+Intuition(5) (10d6.hits(5)=3), that's 3S damage.
This time he returned to his body immediately, gasping in pain, and bleeding from his nose, eyes and ears. "This place is... The Earth here is not angry. It's mad. Agitated... I don't think i can be of any help here." Let me rest a while...
He rummaged through his Medkit, trying to fight the Mana that was hurting him...
Logic(4)+First Aid(1)+Medkit(6)-Penalties(3) (8d6.hits(5)=4)
It helped. The bleeding stopped, and some color was returning to his deathly pale face.
"I hope to get an hour of rest now, guys. Or i will be utterly useless. And stop smoking, or I'll sedate you." He turned to Mata angrily.

{Health: 0 / 10P and 5 / 11S damage, NO Wound penalty (patched R3), no Sustaining penalty} | {Edge: 2 / 3}
{Defense: 5; Initiative: 10; IP's: 3} | {Ballistic Armor: 6+3=9; Impact Armor: 4+2+3=9} | {Sustained spells: Increase Reflexes F3, on Focus, Armor F3 on Focus.}
{Spirits: None}
« Last Edit: <01-24-11/0422:10> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #93 on: <01-24-11/1518:27> »
Drawing in on the cigarette he smiles as he exhales "Make it a double scotch...vintage, and neaten it up with a splash of soda water please." Mata stubs the cigarette out none-the-less.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #94 on: <01-24-11/1710:35> »
"Okay, deal. You take a bullet, you get a double vintage scotch. We can make it a new rule." Stryker frowns and throws Mata a stim patch. "Now, try these. Should do some good. And don't act like you're too cool for that, nobody is after taking a bullet." That he accents by coughing out a bit of blood in a rag. "And I'm officially stupid. Sorry guys. No summoning for now... Ugh."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <01-24-11/1836:14> »
Eight-Stone's nose wrinkled slightly as the van descended into the sewers. He stared at Peaches, trying to size her up. Something about her reminded him of Claw. That was either a good thing, or a really, really bad thing. Eight-Stones wasn't sure yet.

Eight-Stone rolled his eyes as Stryker spoke. Okay. Thank you for report on the Earth's feelings. Very vital.

If Eight-Stone was the introspective sort, he might've realized that he was feeling some residual guilt about the fact that the yappy little Japanese guy had taken a bullet, but the big, scary troll slugger had gotten away scot-free. But he wasn't. So instead he just sort of sat there, feeling vaguely pissed.

"So," Eight-Stone asked, trying to keep the tension out of his voice. "How long a trip this going to be, Peaches?"
« Last Edit: <01-24-11/2006:16> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <01-24-11/2008:46> »
Cursor is keeping silent, he isn't sure what to say to words about the Earth's feelings but decides he'd better go into VR and put some feelers out, setting up a full scan.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #97 on: <01-25-11/0743:34> »
"So," Eight-Stone asked, trying to keep the tension out of his voice. "How long a trip this going to be, Peaches?"

Well, sir, unless of course you wish to join the patrons of the establishment over there, we will be out in five minutes. She says that pointing an entrance to "Five by Five".

Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <01-25-11/0858:07> »
Cursor is keeping silent, he isn't sure what to say to words about the Earth's feelings but decides he'd better go into VR and put some feelers out, setting up a full scan.

Matrix here is nondescriptive really. The signal is weak reaching from above. Had you asked you would have learned for sure, but this walls are pretty much XX century done and forgotten with no of the currently used automated solutions.

The only bright spot is the five-by-five node sculpted as the pirate tavern with a picture art style taken from old Monkey Island series game (you know that because of a small out-of-place graffiti painted to the right side of the door) The node seems to host a small Matrix-cafe as well as standard pub services. You're instantly advertised with soyburgers and synthethic rum, and on guest account you can see several icons offering transport services for both human and cargo.

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <01-25-11/1226:09> »
Cursor takes note, rum would be good after this job. He keeps the scan up in case any hidden nodes enter signal range.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <01-25-11/1404:52> »
Since nobody was really interested in going to the "Five by five" giving instead some nervous glances over your commlinks clocks, Peaches led you out of the sewers as she promised.

She exchanged a very polite goodbye for a Koshari note, wished you luck and was gone while you sped toward Montbello district.

AR you there?

But crap. For no apparent reason the van's engine just died. And it won’t restart, despite Cursor's complex form tries. At least you weren’t in the middle of high-speed
traffic. Glancing to the corner, you notice there’s a wine bar, named Cava de Vin with patio seating out front. When you take a closer look, you notice that one of the
patrons, a sharply dressed young man, seems to be staring at you very intently through his sunglasses.

Suddenly you get an AR pop up with his face as the icon, and the message, “Come on over for a quick drink. We need to talk.”

the time now is 6:35 pm

Cursor since you're in VR and on constant scan, one you left the sewers you perceive the swirl of nodes passing by. You obviously notice the Cave the Vin node as soon as the forced halting occured. The node has very poor (or rather cheap) sculpture - it is obvious that the owner puts more emphasis on the meat pleasures over Matrix fireworks - this is standard sculpture of the Renraku AR shop assistant module free version. For each AR or VR interaction with the shop facilities you get advertisment attached. It is already testing how fast you decline each consecutive offer, judging by this your subconsious preferences.
« Last Edit: <01-25-11/1414:53> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #101 on: <01-25-11/1437:31> »
Stryker kicks the car in the rimjobs, then proceeds to the back, trying to get his scooter out. He gets another nosebleed episode, and slumps on the concrete in the proces, muttering elaborate sperethiel curses, as he glares angrily at the guy.
"Yet another made man trying to get this crap. Great. You guys interested in running late, or are you seriously considering betraying our employer? You know I live there."
He looks at the man with his second sight, trying to get an angle on him...
Intuition(5)+Assensing(2) (7d6.hits(5)=2)
Then, in a sudden flash of insight he turns his astral sight to the package, knowing the veil would not affect him anymore, since it's creator was banished.
Intuition(5)+Assensing(2) (7d6.hits(5)=3)
« Last Edit: <01-25-11/1439:31> by Kot »

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <01-25-11/1442:33> »
(OOC:
• The general state of the subject’s health (healthy, injured, ill, etc.). - He's in good health.
• The subject’s general emotional state or impression (happy, sad, angry). - Relaxed.
• Whether the subject is mundane or Awakened. - Mundane
• The presence and location of cyberware implants. - none.
• If you have seen the subject’s aura before, you may recognize it, regardless of physical disguises or alterations.

as for the package, well in astral it seems like just a package, I know this is unexpected ;), oh and it's opaque (learned the word few days ago)
)
« Last Edit: <01-25-11/1523:53> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <01-25-11/1851:39> »
Eight-Stone says, subvocally, "Yeah... chances are this guy wants the package, too. I'm not interested in giving it up. But maybe if we listen to what he has to say, and then politely decline, it'll cause less headaches in the long run. Or maybe he actually has something useful to say. I think we should speak with him, but be real quick. Entertain no offers for the package. Hear what he has to say, then leave. What do you all thinK?"
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #104 on: <01-25-11/2006:51> »
"As long as no one gets shot in the face, I'm okay with a little chit-chat." Mata says as he applies the stim patch. "Am I to assume we'll all be going, or are we offering up more sacrifices to misfortune?"