NEWS

The Joy of Realmworks

• 21 Replies

adzling

« Reply #15 on: <04-30-16/2202:14> »
I'd have to blur the video too, it would make for pretty port watching to have the audio and video fritz out every other minute..

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <04-30-16/2224:03> »
I'd have to blur the video too, it would make for pretty port watching to have the audio and video fritz out every other minute..

Yikes! Now I really want to be a fly on the

adzling

« Reply #17 on: <05-31-16/1749:55> »
Thought I'd another cool image.
This shows the joy of good source material (the original 1e/2e London Sourcebook) and a nice feature of Realmworks (embedded hyperlinks).

The original London Sourcebook was so well thought out they included REAL addresses for their London locations 20+years ago. So as I am adding them into Realmworks I can also add in a hyperlink from google maps.

Now all we have to do in-game to get a bearing on the landscape around some impromptu action is to click the address for the location entry and boom, google map for street layout + google streetview for actual on-street details is available in an instant.

That's some pretty powerful stuff there for a GM.

It also highlights how good the old source material was compared to the stuff being churned out today (the most recent Catalyst location setting, Seattle Digital box set has NO MAP or address info at all, go figure).

« Last Edit: <05-31-16/1752:49> by adzling »

Wheels

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <04-30-17/2104:22> »
Don't suppose you'd be interested in sharing the database?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-30-17/2145:37> »
This looks pretty cool adzling, thanks for sharing.

adzling

« Reply #20 on: <05-01-17/1134:47> »
It's got all the worldwide setting material going back to 1e, which unfortunately is copyrighted.

You can't give that stuff away afaik.

Don't suppose you'd be interested in sharing the database?

Wheels

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <05-05-17/1806:25> »
Indeed.  Message me sometime.