NEWS

Stimtouch Hosiery

• 6 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« on: <03-17-16/0824:27> »
No, I'm not a wannabe transvestite  8)  ::)

It just occurred to me that there's a potential hazard and/or giveaway with this stuff. Does it create a buildup of ozone? If so, that has a distinctive odour.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-17-16/0831:06> »
The same question could easily be applied to shock gloves/hands, lightning based spells and adept powers, and tasers.

In my opinion; no. Because it's not mentioned anywhere in the rules for any of the above, and because it doesn't add any gameplay value for me.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-17-16/1246:28> »
Good points.

How much does it actually take to 'generate' ozone?

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-17-16/1258:38> »
No, I'm not a wannabe transvestite  8)  ::)

It just occurred to me that there's a potential hazard and/or giveaway with this stuff. Does it create a buildup of ozone? If so, that has a distinctive odour.

I'm sure you can get them in a more typically men's wear version as well if you are really so squeamish.

o-zone is just too much to calculate. I would just use it as a descriptor or plot point, not something I would stat.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-17-16/1330:19> »
always thought of them as incomplete circuits that use the other persons skin to complete the circuit and deliver the charge

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #5 on: <03-17-16/1415:27> »
I'd just use the o-zone as flavor; 'You brush the person and the faint whiff of ozone is soon overpowered by the stench of the increasingly noticeable stain in your target's pants,'  is very evocative, which makes for more fun in my mind. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-22-16/0004:51> »
The burning would overpower any trace ozone generated by a significant margin, and humans are pretty good at smelling burning.

Burning is also a smell that lingers much longer.