NEWS

Stick and Shock- Is it too good?

• 153 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <09-09-10/1453:05> »
The extra stun from the Electrical attack [Body + Willpower (3)] on top the normal damage is what makes it a bit overpowered. In your example, the results are the same, but the roll then has to also roll the Stun attack from the electrical damage as well so, even if he still has boxes left, he might still go down.

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-09-10/1504:11> »
The extra stun from the Electrical attack [Body + Willpower (3)] on top the normal damage is what makes it a bit overpowered.
I agree, plus even if the target succeeds in this test, there's still the -2 modifier (cumulative ?), and some uncool effects on electronic devices.
It's maybe not more letal in long burst than others ammo, because long burst are generally letal whatever the ammo is, but put it into a simple heavy pistol, you really feel the difference with other ammunitions.

But I'd say it's maybe not only these ammo, all weapons with electric damages seem a little bit overpowered.
« Last Edit: <09-09-10/1506:33> by anotherJack »
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

Elseabea

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <09-09-10/1510:17> »
Buy insulated armor. After the first time this bit the group I play with we all invested in insulated armor. And given the make-up of the group our use of it makes a certain amount of sense. We are all built around the idea of being bounty hunters of some kind. Take the target alive works so much better.

(The actual armor mod is non-conductive and it is in the main book.)
« Last Edit: <09-11-10/1126:20> by Elseabea »

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <09-09-10/1517:07> »
Insulated armor helps, but most of the time you will end up taking damage and suffering the negative effects of electric damage. Which can turn a battle pretty fast.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-10-10/0205:39> »
The extra stun from the Electrical attack [Body + Willpower (3)] on top the normal damage is what makes it a bit overpowered. In your example, the results are the same, but the roll then has to also roll the Stun attack from the electrical damage as well so, even if he still has boxes left, he might still go down.
Actually its [Body+Willpower+half impact armor(3)] and considering that the troll has about 18(avarage 6 successes) dice to avoid that, its not really something that has to be taken into consideration.
Actually even threat rating 2 security grunts have enought dice to avoid that effect everytime on avarage(3+3+6/2=9)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <09-10-10/0212:50> »
True.

And now look at what it does to high powered spirits.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-10-10/0217:33> »
True.

And now look at what it does to high powered spirits.
Nothing, its only good up to force 7(maybe 9 if your really good at shooting) after that you better have some heavy weaponry loaded with APDS.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <09-10-10/0319:01> »
Calling the range of Force 1 - 6 spirits practically becoming throw-away shooting targets despite of an Immunity, "nothing" is... an interesting way to put it.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-10-10/0322:54> »
Calling the range of Force 1 - 6 spirits practically becoming throw-away shooting targets despite of an Immunity, "nothing" is... an interesting way to put it.
I didn't call it nothing, i implied that their not high force spirits.
And really a weapon better then a pisto(or using a warhawk)l and APDS ammo works pretty nicely against those too.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <09-10-10/0323:44> »
True, I totally forgot I phrased my question with "high powered", sorry :)

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-10-10/0357:00> »
True, I totally forgot I phrased my question with "high powered", sorry :)
No harm,no foul.
I just kinda get irritated when people claim S&S is OP and point to its spirits killing powers as a proof, when the fact is that unless your limited to using hold-outs APDS takes out spirits just as well up to the force rating the S&S works  and with right guns works for even higher force spirirst then S&S does.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <09-10-10/0419:27> »
True, but APDS is not your everyday ammo. SnS is.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-10-10/0706:09> »
True, but APDS is not your everyday ammo. SnS is.
True, but many of my builds carry EX-EX loaded warhawks as a back up weapon and that ruins any spirits day up to force 5

rockstar

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <09-10-10/1823:36> »
tbh the stick n shock is only in arsenal as a shotgun round anyway so i dont know why the conversation about shooting them from pistols or snipers makes them overpowered. just bring it back to the rule book and problem solved

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #29 on: <09-10-10/1831:57> »
Stick-n-Shock ammo is in SR4a as well, and not just for shotguns.

Register