NEWS

CyTech ?

• 9 Replies

farfromnice

• Chummer
« on: <02-27-16/1730:09> »
I saw in a couple of books (lockdown & Stolen Souls) numerous mentions of Cyber-Technomancer

Could someone explain to me what are this ? I think they are related to Renraku or Mitsuhama but after that I don't know where they come from

I think that in one of the 4th book they put a story with Netcat and Clockwise, who is becoming a CyTech

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-27-16/1801:27> »
For 5ed, it mentioned in more details in Chrome Flesh. I think however there is no mechanics/rules to it, it is more intended (in this edition) as being a plot (not a PCs option) IMHO...

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-28-16/0258:48> »
They're connected to MCT, and tied to a research facility that is located in the old East Coast Stock Exchange building in Boston.  Lockdown mentions experiments being done on the effects of Dissonance on Technomancers, and in Lockdown, it mentions that for each point of Dissonance a Technomancer acquires (it is not explained how this is done) they get the benefit of one level of submersion, allowing them to gain power very rapidly, though it also drives them insane.

Putting all these together, I would imagine that MCT chromes out their Technomancers, then has them start to rack up Dissonance points to make up for their lost Resonance.  Given that Dissonant Technomancers are the matrix equivilant of blood mages and toxic shaman, it isn't really a PC-friendly option.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

farfromnice

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <02-28-16/1538:51> »
yes I found it really disturbing that the rules for disonnance characters haven't been out yet

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-28-16/2347:19> »
They have a little bit out for Dissonance in Data Trails and Lockdown, but it definitely needs more support.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <02-29-16/1708:56> »
Also mentioned in Lockdown is that NeoNet "perfected" what MCT started with CyTechs.  Once I clean things up, I'll post my stats for both versions.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-01-16/0805:36> »
I dunno.  The impression that I get from every one of her posts is that Netcat hasn't perfected anything except bitching and holding grudges.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #7 on: <03-01-16/0809:38> »
He is referring to the Mega Corp NeoNet with a great dragon on the board with its balls in a squeeze because of Boston, not the technomancer who is rumored to be romantically involved with toasters.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <03-01-16/1551:16> »
He is referring to the Mega Corp NeoNet with a great dragon on the board with its balls in a squeeze because of Boston, not the technomancer who is rumored to be romantically involved with toasters.

Exactly!  Netcat isn't someone I focus on beyond the occasional source of reliable information.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <03-02-16/1005:42> »
I think that in one of the 4th book they put a story with Netcat and Clockwise, who is becoming a CyTech
You're thinking of Corporate Intrigue, which has an adventure involving Netcat saving Puck from a Lab where they make those things.

Register