NEWS

Changing drug vectors

• 3 Replies

Lorebane24

• Omae
« on: <02-25-16/1012:16> »
Is there a way to do it, so that you could, for example, load jazz or kamikaze (inhalation vectors) into an auto-injector?
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-25-16/1039:21> »
IRL, any delivery method of a drug has the aim to bring the drug into your bloodstream. So injecting something that is meant to be inhaled - works!
It's only problematic if there is something added to the drug so you explicitly should not inject it (Methadone treatment usually gives its patients the drug mixed with fruit juice so that they are forced to drink it and have a slower release instead of the sharp kick provided by injecting the drug - not that hardcore junkies would let themselves be stopped by that. Another solution to prevent this is the addition of a counter-agent like Naloxone to prevent abuse of Opioid based pain relieve patches.)

In SR you have the option to add DMSO to make it a contact vector. That by itself should be enough to enable you to inject the stuff too.

Alternatively, just refluff the autoinjector into an autoinhaler
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-25-16/1219:30> »
Fluffing an auto-inhaler would be somewhat problematic but if it were built into a ballistic mask or a helmet I don't think a GM would have any issues with that.  There certainly should not be any problem at all with a cyber auto-inhaler similar to the implanted auto-injector from Chrome Flesh. 

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-29-16/0341:54> »
Sort of. Some drugs lend themselves quite well to certain states, and the vector helps to target specific areas. Asthma inhalers spring to mind.

I'm not sure why you'd want to change all this, but my lack of creativity shouldn't inhibit yours! DMSO may allow for contact vector, but injecting a contact vectored toxin would be... problematic. It might work way too well, and making your blood "contact vector" can't be good for your health. I would not recommend this if you're doing an extraction.

Getting it to be inhaler friendly would be VERY hard. There's a reason they don't make Narcogas, and Neurostun is so expensive and rare. It is easy to vaporize, but it is really, really hard to make it stay gaseous down to 10 degrees celcius (it wouldn't be very useful if a cool spring evening rendered your plan null). Using a DMSO variant you could make a liquid condense into a powdery contact solid for an inhaler, since that thing basically just dusts your lungs.

Keep us posted on any house rules you develop. This is a neat idea.