NEWS

Device ID

• 3 Replies

jofer234

• Newb
« on: <02-19-16/0423:08> »
Hey all
I have just completed to read Rigger 5 book.Can someone help me with few little questions?
So,we have the spoof chip that masking real id car.Does it mean that enemy decker can't hack it?he doesn't know car's real id so except LOS matrix attack he attack the wrong ID.
What other devices have an ID (camera,cyberware,weapon modification)?I looked at the previous matrix books but can't find info about it.
Is it just me or the book missed few modifications (smart tire for example)
I am sorry for my bad english.Thanks to the Sixth world goverment education for that :/

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-19-16/0441:42> »
No, it's not you...

And yes, logically if not even the authorities can identify your car without doubt a simple hacker shouldn't be able to to so either - unless as you say they have line of sight and made their Matrix Perception check to match the AR to your car.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-19-16/0452:11> »
unless as you say they have line of sight and made their Matrix Perception check to match the AR to your car.
That shouldn't work unless an ARO is being broadcast from the car's location (acting as a giveaway for the car's changing ID), a radio signal scanner is within range, or the car is being traced.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-19-16/0502:43> »
I assume that every car that is used in normal transport mode would give out an ARO - you want to be seen by other vehicles after all. Heaving them off would probably be seen the same way as driving with your lights off at night.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex