NEWS

[5e IC] Call of Fate [2076 Game Thread]

• 1173 Replies

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #45 on: <01-21-16/1919:12> »
Jackhammer shrugged. He knew it was something about this "below" place, but a lot of his memories from down there were pretty fuzzy. Mostly he recalled the three primary demographics of clowns, assholes, and murderers. He still hadn't placed exactly where his group fell in all that, but he wasn't going to let it trouble his conscience. But then everyone was in a buzz about some "package" that may or may not be nuclear or a fossil or the tomb of Jesus of Nizene or whatever. They all seemed to know a lot more about it, or what "it" might be, than he had any idea.

"We're supposed to steal something? Drek, why not? But who's it belong to and what are they using it for? I don't want to steal some kid's medicine or something, but I don't care if I stick it to some rich megacorp execs." Jackhammer added to the conversation.
"Hey, where's Frenchfry?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <01-22-16/0026:01> »
Robyn accesses her deck and brings up the maps of the Underplex and the areas below it.  It is scant information indeed, but enough to get started.  She has spent a lot of time Below but would never claim to be an expert or know all there is to know.  She switches to Ivan, the agent on her commlink, and commands him to begin gathering all the available data on the Underplex.  Beyond that, she is comfortable letting others ask the questions.  First Sasha then Misha had alerted her to the approach of the halfer, but nothing since and she checks on their status.  Satisfied that both microdrones are functioning properly, she turns her full attention to the conversation around her, knowing that everything said so far has been recorded in her mutated brain.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #47 on: <01-22-16/1637:51> »
The traffic had been an absolute bitch, but not as bad as that engine management system. He hated being late, but today there was fuck all he could do about it.
He'd donned his decent kit for the meet and kept the aggro low so as not to piss off the doormen and took a seat at the table, keen to get an ear on what was being discussed.
It was now clear why he'd been called. Underground ops were a bit of a speciality and not something easy to come by in the old smoke.
He caught the introductions being passed about as the non-plussed members of the team wondered who the late entrant was.
Yep, Halfpint is a working name for me. Vehicles are my thing and I'm no stranger to working underground. So, you've stated roughly what you want us to achieve, but you've not stated what the remuneration is likely to be. I'm expecting a reasonable offer given the nature of the task.
[spoiler]Negotiation roll to get us started, any specced negotiators feel free to use this as a teamwork test!
: 9d6t5 2 2 hits to utilise[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <01-23-16/0049:14> »
Robyn nods in the direction of the Halfer.  "Welcome, Halfpint.  I am Robyn Lysander, and I am happy to meet you.  Are you familiar, then, with the Below?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <01-23-16/0443:27> »
To Halfpints introduction, Isaint said:
"Welcome to the team. If you don't mind I'd like to have a private word with you later on about drones and fire coordination."

Without taking his eyes from the Johnson, Isaint replied to Jackhammer:
"The Frenchman is not with us on this one. He's probably got some business with the Irish mob to solve.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #50 on: <01-23-16/0532:38> »
Replying to Robin, Halfpint spoke; not the London underplex no, but I spent some time training for cave rescues in Lancashire with the mountain rescue team. I know how to search, maneuver and survive underground for extended periods
He nodded his approval to Isaint, always keen to talk drones
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <01-23-16/1115:46> »
Robyn faces Isaint then Halfpint.  "Might it be possible to sit on the sidelines of that conversation, gentlemen?  I have several drones that I use to see with and can coordinate their use to help.  That is, if you do not mind terribly."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <01-23-16/1338:55> »
"Actually, that would be very much appreciated. It's about establishing perimeter defenses. I'll get back to you both on that."

Isaint turned again to the Johnson:
"So, what is it exactly that we need to retrieve?"
"I can assure you, that it's nothing like an atomic bomb - or any other biological or chemical agent."
"That leaves out quite a lot other very dangerous possibilities."
"It is a magical active object, but I'm not at liberty to tell you what it does."
"Ok, leaving that aside for the moment, what are it's dimensions and weight."
"Ah yes, it's actually quite heavy. The artifact is stored in a - well you could call it a barrel, about 1m in diameter and 1.5m tall. To heavy to carry unassisted. If necessary we can provide you with a mule drone for transport."
"All right, now we are getting somewhere. Since we will in part have to move through high security zones do you have permits for us and general IDs to go with them, or do we have to go completely black ops on this."
"I was informed that all of you have experience with the so called "London Below". We suggest you make your approach and return to the Plex through there even if the two places aren't strictly connected. But yes, we are prepared to issue with burner IDs for this occasion."
"Good. Now, is there a time limit on this job - an impending relocation of the object, maybe?"
"No, thankfully, this is a permanent repository. But we do have another team that can provide a distraction to the general Underplex and give you a chance to slip out. Those we can't keep on retainer indefinitely - their deadline is approaching fast so I need you to go tomorrow night at the latest."
Isaint nodded: "That seems acceptable. Torrent has given you a quote on mine and probably the others rates too. One last thing remains: Where do you want the goods delivered?"
"Right here to this location actually."
"Right." Isaint looked around and nodded. "So this place is a front then. Explains the shitty food and drink."
He turned to his chummers:
"Any one else got some questions for our potential employer?
« Last Edit: <01-23-16/1638:57> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <01-23-16/1440:24> »
Iris nodded, uncrossing her arms. "Yes, I've got a couple." She thinks for a moment, then asks, "Mr. Johnson, you say the object is magically active. Can you give us more information on how? For example, if it is affecting the background count of the ambient manascape, Mr. Deckard and I will have to take steps in order to retain effectiveness, particularly if the warping of the manasphere is exceptionally radical." She glanced at Deckard and raised her eyebrows, silently inviting him to add to her questions, then turned her attention back to Mr. Johnson. "Additionally, can we expect some sort of security, astral or otherwise? I'm sure that getting into a long-forgotten repository is going to be rife with risks, but if there is another team or one of the Houses Below also trying to acquire the object, that puts a different spin on things. Likewise, if the object's magical nature attracts spirits- especially of a specific type- then we will have to be prepared for more intense or more particular astral combat than if we were simply dealing with the usual local denizens."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <01-23-16/1624:13> »
At this point, Robyn is content to let the others ask their questions and keep silent.  Everything said is going into her mutated brain for digestion later, so she turns her hearing filters to allow her to listen to any chatter from the other patrons of the diner.  She keeps tabs on the images from her Fly-Spy drones, looking for any sudden movement from any of them.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <01-25-16/0129:47> »
Deckard unconsciously touched the band-aid on his slightly swollen and bruised cheekbone. His wife had told him often enough to avoid London Below like the plague, and he had considered already just walk away already. But the cut of his face reminded him than some people would make sure his life got even more miserable than it is now if he couldn't  pay some of his loans. Money was going to be good for this dangerous run. He just couldn't refuse.

He nodded at Iris, background count was a bitch. He really hated it. Then he realized the woman he was facing wasn't your regular hot elf simstar, but a Dryad, the rare mythological creature of supernatural charms. It was the first time he met one up close. Not the kind of place he thought this would happen... Then he realized looking at the Dryad, he didn't pay attention to the conversation going on outside of the mention of Spirits. So he nodded in agreement. Not too sure what he would add to it.

ISaint had run the discussion as good as Deckard could have hope for, and they had a clear timeline and a not so clear idea of what to it was they were going to steal.  They seemed to kind of all know of each other, and or, if the Johnson's was right, they all had experience with London Below. Deckard could really only vouch for multiface man known as ISaint, and his experience with Below was more based on stories from the Shadow community than any real experience. His telekinetic skills however could prove very useful to 'transport' the heavy artefact.

It looked like a very complimentary group... they could do it!.

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <01-25-16/0140:47> »
Robyn keeps her face still, but her senses are working all the time.  Her drone and her ultrasound pick up Deckard's slight motion to his face and Robyn focuses her attention there for a second, picking up the slight difference in texture between the skin and something else......a bandage perhaps.  She turns her face slightly to the man and leans forward a bit to whisper below the general chat level.  "Mister Deckard?  Are you injured?  Would you like to let me look at that before we go Below?  There are things down there, some of them abominations, that seek out and prey on the already injured, seeing them as weaker.  I have some medical skill if you want me to see to that."

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <01-25-16/0833:27> »
[Saturday July 4th, 2076; Angel’s, Old West End, London]

“Iris, I’m afraid the data we have on the object is sketchy, reconstructed from the crash virus.  However, I have no reason to believe that it isn’t contained and there is no information on spirits.  I would have thought any bindings would have lapsed by now, it has been in cold storage for decades…and I would think that with so many Talented individuals that any that remain should be within your abilities to deal with.

Isolation is the principal security, I would anticipate you having no issues bypassing the pre-crash tech.  Wards and so on should have long gone.  It is the Underplex that is likely to cause you more problems, security there is second to none outside of triple A corporations’ key facilities.

So, do we have an agreement in principal?  Or do you need to discuss it further amongst yourselves?  I understand some of you have worked together in the past but new group dynamics always take some time to adjust to and you need to decide individually whether you want the job.  I’m sure you could accomplish this task with less of you but my risk increases so don’t expect the same level of remuneration.”

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #58 on: <01-25-16/0929:49> »
Al finished off his Scotch, set down the glass and rubbed at the bridge of his nose.

He never spoke much at these sorts of powwows and usually didn't listen much either. But he'd heard and seen enough to know he wanted no part of this job for however much money.

Unfortunately, that was not the only consideration.

There were some he'd promised to follow back down there if need be.

And another he wasn't going to let go on the job without him, magical tattoo of diplomatic immunity from degenerates or not.

So he kept his mouth shut tight around his cigarette and waited for others to speak.

He implored the voodoo gods that they'd have the sense to take a walk.

But his prayer was without faith.
« Last Edit: <01-25-16/1358:01> by adamu »

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #59 on: <01-25-16/1331:46> »
Iris looked at the others neutrally for a second. Her mind was already made up, but there was no sense in heading back down into London's very own pedestrian hell if she was going to do it alone. The sad fact was that loners got killed down there, and that was the only thing that had kept her from heading down to search for Calista and the Margravate's missing sorceress- whatthefrag was her name? Niceday or some drek?- for weeks. Still,s omeone had to say something. Johnsons didn't like to be kept waiting, so she squared her slender shoulders and turned back to the suit.

"Mr. Johnson," she began, her tone the epitome of courtesy, "I accept your offer, contingent on at least some of this team's also accepting. I don't think any of us would wish to go down there alone." Then she turned to her associates, waiting to see which way they jumped.